SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Toews Could Retire

Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:24 a.m.
MikeyVC97
Ha they deleted the third team and turned this into a forum. So I have not created a 4th team! Wow we have some censorship issues on this site. Could they be trying to snuff out my thoughts and information?
MitchMarner_16 and Shibbal18 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:24 a.m.
Quoting: arab05
Not sure why they would take it down. We are not aloud to speculate on this site?

Shouldn't every post get deleted then? i never see sources being posted.

This post has been checked by independent Fact-Checkers as FALSE!

that's why haha
arab05 and Lenny7 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:25 a.m.
Banned
Shouldn't every post get deleted then? i never see sources being posted.

If someone is going to keep posting that a said player is going to retire, then sorry that person should post a legit source. Just my opinion.
Lenny7 and Earth liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
If someone is going to keep posting that a said player is going to retire, then sorry that person should post a legit source. Just my opinion.

That makes no sense and goes against everything that has happened on this site for 6 years. This isnt a news site, this is a fantasy site
arab05 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: MikeyVC97
Ha they deleted the third team and turned this into a forum. So I have not created a 4th team! Wow we have some censorship issues on this site. Could they be trying to snuff out my thoughts and information?

Specifically the last one had nothing in it so fair play to the Admins for putting it in the forums and not deleting it
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
MikeyVC97
And then my friend would get fired. I have a legit source but per the rules of capfriendly you are not allowed to post personal information on forums and threads so that would be illegal per the rules.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:33 a.m.
Ban Price trades
While I wasn't the moderator that moved the team, I can clearly see that the original AGM was moved to the forums simply because the Blackhawks discussion forums are a more appropriate place to speculate whether or not Toews is or is not retiring.

If you'll kindly refer to the three lines of text that appear when you go to submit an armchair GM, it checks that the team name is relevant to the title, that it is not being published for unrelated general discussion that is more suitable in a different forum section, and that the AGM abides by the rules. The AGM(s) immediately associated with Toews retiring exists solely to speculate around that retirement, never mind the trades. If the moderators have made the call to move a thread to a more appropriate location, you haven't broken any rules. If you continue to post the exact same goddamn thread over and over in the AGM section after we've moved it for you, expect to be infracted.

This isn't some galaxy-brain level conspiracy. The next person that makes this about censorship or "shouldn't all posts be removed because speculation" is getting a one month ban. You're all being ridiculous.
MikeyVC97 and Earth liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
MikeyVC97
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
While I wasn't the moderator that moved the team, I can clearly see that the original AGM was moved to the forums simply because the Blackhawks discussion forums are a more appropriate place to speculate whether or not Toews is or is not retiring.

If you'll kindly refer to the three lines of text that appear when you go to submit an armchair GM, it checks that the team name is relevant to the title, that it is not being published for unrelated general discussion that is more suitable in a different forum section, and that the AGM abides by the rules. The AGM(s) immediately associated with Toews retiring exists solely to speculate around that retirement, never mind the trades. If the moderators have made the call to move a thread to a more appropriate location, you haven't broken any rules. If you continue to post the exact same goddamn thread over and over in the AGM section after we've moved it for you, expect to be infracted.

This isn't some galaxy-brain level conspiracy. The next person that makes this about censorship or "shouldn't all posts be removed because speculation" is getting a one month ban. You're all being ridiculous.

Ok I understand why this "team" was moved to "thread" because I did not make any trades. But my previous team did have trades and it was completely deleted not even moved to "thread/message" board. I just want to make sure I don't break any unwritten rules because I don't see where I have broken any of the written rules.

What is allowed? What is NOT allowed when posting a fantasy AGM team?

I will not claim any conspiracy I just want to make sure I am not breaking rules going forward.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.
Shibbal18
Edited Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.

This isn't some galaxy-brain level conspiracy. The next person that makes this about censorship or "shouldn't all posts be removed because speculation" is getting a six month ban. You're all being ridiculous.

I said fair play to the mods for moving the one team without content to the forums. This was not the information given to us though, we were told they were deleted not moved, and it seems that the first 2 teams were just deleted not moved from a quick check (I may be wrong). Given the current situation on the internet, its only natural for users to relate it back to censorship and most of those were jokes. But I dont agree with "The AGM(s) immediately associated with Toews retiring exists solely to speculate around that retirement, never mind the trades." because if someone drops something like that, we could only expect users to create teams based on that topic even if its the same user. If it has roster moves to discuss, its an ACGM team based off of speculation. So thats what users are getting hung up on. If a user has a team deleted because it doesnt have trades, they'll be understanding but will immediately make a team with trades. If that team is deleted and not moved for the same reason thats only going to be confusing and frustrating for the user. The user shouldnt be blamed for making multiple teams, when theyre actively trying to appease the mods.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
Ban Price trades
Ok I understand why this "team" was moved to "thread" because I did not make any trades. But my previous team did have trades and it was completely deleted not even moved to "thread/message" board. I just want to make sure I don't break any unwritten rules because I don't see where I have broken any of the written rules.

What is allowed? What is NOT allowed when posting a fantasy AGM team?

I will not claim any conspiracy I just want to make sure I am not breaking rules going forward.

The reason why I've left the fourth iteration of your Toews-will-retire AGMs up is because you explicitly refer to the Kane trade and make the AGM about the Kane trade.

I didn't remove the other three, and only saw the first, but I did recognize that you traded everything but the kitchen sink in that AGM. We see so many troll AGMs where someone just demolishes the team without context or fair values, and those teams devolve quickly into flame wars and troll replies. I think it's possible that your original was either deleted because it came off as one of these less-serious AGM teams or was moved, and the moderator in question saw the second and third attempts as you not understanding what took place and deleted them.

In general, speculation is fine unless it's like way out of left field and could lead to a very decisive conversation. Threads get deleted and warnings tend to be applied because those threads breed the kind of deconstructive discourse that we don't permit at CapFriendly.

Hope this helps!
MikeyVC97 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
MikeyVC97
Thank you for the explanation so you think the original team got deleted because I created a team trading every high priced veteran on the team for prospects and picks and not because I titled the Team and gave a description indicating my source in the Hawks front office to Toews announcing retirement by sometime next week?

I just want to make sure I don't break any rules. I have had a fun experience with capfriendly up until today. It took me like 30 minutes to create that team trading every veteran only to see it deleted moments later.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 12:13 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Shibbal18
I said fair play to the mods for moving the one team without content to the forums. This was not the information given to us though, we were told they were deleted not moved, and it seems that the first 2 teams were just deleted not moved from a quick check (I may be wrong).

As far as anyone can tell, one was moved (I mean, we're here, aren't we?) and that two were deleted. I can't tell which of the teams is which, but I think that's less of the point. Even beyond the speculation, how many identical threads do we need in such a short span?

I see this individual thread as an equal opportunity to any AGM thread: if Toews really is set to retire, you can still discuss who to trade, at what return, and next steps to take. I get that there's a lack of exposure in the forums, but I appreciate that some form of consensus may be reached in an environment like this one without needing to devolve from that kind of over-exposure. You typically won't have "LeafsFanBillyBob12345" claiming troll or proposing Kane for 6 first round picks in this forum; the Blackhawks discussion forums in this case are much more specialized.

At the same time, I suspect you're involved with this thread because Kane was sent to Buffalo, and there is a loss of that engagement if you don't see the Sabres' icon. I get that. I'm not sure - beyond like tagging - what the workaround to that is.

Quoting: Shibbal18
Given the current situation on the internet, its only natural for users to relate it back to censorship and most of those were jokes. But I dont agree with "The AGM(s) immediately associated with Toews retiring exists solely to speculate around that retirement, never mind the trades." because if someone drops something like that, we could only expect users to create teams based on that topic even if its the same user. If it has roster moves to discuss, its an ACGM team based off of speculation. So thats what users are getting hung up on.

I really think the nature of this situation really boils down to the degree of speculation surrounding a very unfounded Toews retirement. Bullsh*tting a source really is what I believe to be the issue here. Had it been phrases as more of a "What if...?", I don't think we're having this conversation.

I think the relevancy of the name and an overall lack of context is still a sticking point here - and to use the specificity of this case as an example - half a dozen plus trades completely dismantling the Hawks without any context in the AGM description section does not lend itself well to the topic of "I have insider info on Toews retiring this week". The discussion goes two ways: the trade values are off or that the OP lacks credibility. Having seen my fair share of both camps (moderating really makes this place not fun) I know for a fact that only a vast minority approaches both. The majority of the discussion would have been (as we saw in this thread) about the OP's credibility. It's entirely off-topic despite there having been trades to discuss. At that point, do the trades matter? Are they relevant in the single context of "Toews is retiring per unnamed source"? Again, a source or a more general "What if...?" thread likely focuses more on the trades and the context of tearing down shop in name of a rebuild.

I'm trying to approach this as if I were the moderator in question that moved and deleted the previous posts, and I hope this somewhat justifies what we're up to here, or at the very least answers your immediate questions.
Shibbal18 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Thank you for the explanation so you think the original team got deleted because I created a team trading every high priced veteran on the team for prospects and picks and not because I titled the Team and gave a description indicating my source in the Hawks front office to Toews announcing retirement by sometime next week?

I just want to make sure I don't break any rules. I have had a fun experience with capfriendly up until today. It took me like 30 minutes to create that team trading every veteran only to see it deleted moments later.

I get into this part in my reply to Shibbal:

I really think the nature of this situation really boils down to the degree of speculation surrounding a very unfounded Toews retirement. Bullsh*tting a source really is what I believe to be the issue here. Had it been phrases as more of a "What if...?", I don't think we're having this conversation.

I think the relevancy of the name and an overall lack of context is still a sticking point here - and to use the specificity of this case as an example - half a dozen plus trades completely dismantling the Hawks without any context in the AGM description section does not lend itself well to the topic of "I have insider info on Toews retiring this week". The discussion goes two ways: the trade values are off or that the OP lacks credibility. Having seen my fair share of both camps (moderating really makes this place not fun) I know for a fact that only a vast minority approaches both. The majority of the discussion would have been (as we saw in this thread) about the OP's credibility. It's entirely off-topic despite there having been trades to discuss. At that point, do the trades matter? Are they relevant in the single context of "Toews is retiring per unnamed source"? Again, a source or a more general "What if...?" thread likely focuses more on the trades and the context of tearing down shop in name of a rebuild.

Context was key, and (at least how I'm interpreting it) is that the AGM was too open-ended to troll replies or a completely off-topic discussion.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 12:30 p.m.
Shibbal18
As far as anyone can tell, one was moved (I mean, we're here, aren't we?) and that two were deleted. I can't tell which of the teams is which, but I think that's less of the point. Even beyond the speculation, how many identical threads do we need in such a short span?

I see this individual thread as an equal opportunity to any AGM thread: if Toews really is set to retire, you can still discuss who to trade, at what return, and next steps to take. I get that there's a lack of exposure in the forums, but I appreciate that some form of consensus may be reached in an environment like this one without needing to devolve from that kind of over-exposure. You typically won't have "LeafsFanBillyBob12345" claiming troll or proposing Kane for 6 first round picks in this forum; the Blackhawks discussion forums in this case are much more specialized.

At the same time, I suspect you're involved with this thread because Kane was sent to Buffalo, and there is a loss of that engagement if you don't see the Sabres' icon. I get that. I'm not sure - beyond like tagging - what the workaround to that is.

I'm trying to approach this as if I were the moderator in question that moved and deleted the previous posts, and I hope this somewhat justifies what we're up to here, or at the very least answers your immediate questions.

This was the 3rd thread which is what I believe led to the majority of the confusion, but thank you for taking time to give an in depth explanation
Jan. 20, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.
MikeyVC97
Ok but I am being 100% genuine when I say I do have a friend/source within the Hawks organization that gave me this news about Toews. What is fraudulent about making that statement either on forum or ACGM? Am I not allowed to make statements like that? Do I have to site my source? Siting a source would be unethical. I just want to be clear. About making the capfriendly audience/fans aware. I am not ESPN, TSN, NBC or someone who impacts the stock market when I make a statement so I am just curious as to why I can't express myself in an appropriate manner on capfriendly without fear of having my post, team, etc deleted moments later simply because a moderator did not believe me. Couldn't a moderator further investigate and ask me for more information as to why I made a statement rather than just delete it? This is all very important to receive an explanation because nowhere in the rules or conduct policies on this site does it say I am NOT allowed to make my voice heard.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
torontos finest
Ok but I am being 100% genuine when I say I do have a friend/source within the Hawks organization that gave me this news about Toews. What is fraudulent about making that statement either on forum or ACGM? Am I not allowed to make statements like that? Do I have to site my source? Siting a source would be unethical. I just want to be clear. About making the capfriendly audience/fans aware. I am not ESPN, TSN, NBC or someone who impacts the stock market when I make a statement so I am just curious as to why I can't express myself in an appropriate manner on capfriendly without fear of having my post, team, etc deleted moments later simply because a moderator did not believe me. Couldn't a moderator further investigate and ask me for more information as to why I made a statement rather than just delete it? This is all very important to receive an explanation because nowhere in the rules or conduct policies on this site does it say I am NOT allowed to make my voice heard.

babbling about toews retiring isn't an acgm, which is why this thread hasn't been removed. i thought that had been established.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 1:26 p.m.
MikeyVC97
Quoting: mondo
babbling about toews retiring isn't an acgm, which is why this thread hasn't been removed. i thought that had been established.

I think you are late to the party this all started when I created an ACGM team and it was deleted moments later because of my implication that Toews would retire. I then created a second team moments later and again it was deleted. My third team I created out of frustration and "no moves" gave birth to this forum as the moderators moved the thread from ACGM to this forum.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
MikeyVC97
From what I am being told is you can't post predications on CapFriednly without having a source cited or you will be in violation. That's the explanation I am being given.
Jan. 20, 2021 at 10:01 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
So I've had 2 teams deleted over this. But I will say this has not been confirmed by anyone in the team publically. But its a possibility. We will see if I am correct. This in no way violates the capfriendly rules.

Of course players can retire. But does Toews want to quit the NHL and pass on millions of dollars?
Jan. 22, 2021 at 8:27 p.m.
MikeyVC97
Toews could not even show up to the opening ceremony tonight. Every rostered player injured and health showed but him. Anyone else still think I’m crazy and a liar?
Jun. 30, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.
torontos finest
Toews could not even show up to the opening ceremony tonight. Every rostered player injured and health showed but him. Anyone else still think I’m crazy and a liar?

Yes.
Earth liked this.
Jun. 30, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Bedard23
They said there’s a good chance he could be ready for next season
Earth liked this.
Jul. 1, 2021 at 11:41 a.m.
I remember this day. You spamming an insane amount of arm chairs spreading false rumors that toews had MLS or something, was going to retire, you knew someone in the front office. Just absolutely unmatched insider info.
Beetlejuice liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll