Forums/Armchair-GM

Price sucked tn ngl

Created by: habsfan01
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 21, 2021
Published: Jan. 21, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not impressed with carey tn. Habs bailed him out too many times. also i was thinking, it might have nothing to do with anything but what if Price is off because maybe they put his dogs down or they are getting worse?? i'm a little worried
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$73,366,309$0$3,137,500$8,133,691
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 21, 2021 at 12:51 a.m.
Price played like Koskinen
habsfan01 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
The refs didn't do their job fairly either though. You can't say the reffing was unbiased in a game that ends with 6 PP for the Canucks and 1 for the Habs.
habsfan01 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 1:01 a.m.
Edited Jan. 21, 2021 at 1:07 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
The refs didn't do their job fairly either though. You can't say the reffing was unbiased in a game that ends with 6 PP for the Canucks and 1 for the Habs.

Oh come on... where I agree this game was horribly reffed, it was NOT slanted. Roussel got a penalty for merely existing. Kulak got a penalty for nothing as well... those cancel. Multiple missed calls on both sides.

KK decided to backchat and Anderson put the puck over the glass. Chiarot also went rogue on that one play and took a blatant penalty. You guys didn't have to take those.

Poorly reffed, but the refs did not hand us the game.

-

Price did have a bad game, but thats bound to happen [Holtby also had a down game]. He's looked solid in his other appearances this year.
habsfan01 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 1:07 a.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior
Oh come on... where I agree this game was horribly reffed, it was NOT slanted. Roussel got a penalty for merely existing. Kulak got a penalty for nothing as well... those cancel. Multiple missed calls on both sides.

KK decided to backchat and Anderson put the puck over the glass. You guys didn't have to take those.

-

Price did have a bad game, but thats bound to happen [Holtby also had a down game]. He's looked solid in his other appearances this year.

MTL penalties ( outside Kulak ) were fine, but the refs missed so many particularly on the Habs side. Roussel shouldn't have got a penalty
habsfan01 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 1:11 a.m.
Molson beer is meh

KK decided to backchat and Anderson put the puck over the glass. You guys didn't have to take those.

-

Kind of hard to say it wasn't slanted when *looks at boxscore* VAN had 6 PP and Habs 1 PP.... sure I'd say 3 of them were completely warranted by MTL (puck over glass penalties are getting annoying), but one or two bad calls on VAN doesn't equate to the 3 bs given to MTL and the many non-calls *looks at replay of KK literally getting dragged down by his face*. That Anderson "Roughing" penalty is what happens when someone who's close to 60lbs heavier pushes Hughes...
habsfan01 and GMs liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 2:54 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Kind of hard to say it wasn't slanted when *looks at boxscore* VAN had 6 PP and Habs 1 PP.... sure I'd say 3 of them were completely warranted by MTL (puck over glass penalties are getting annoying), but one or two bad calls on VAN doesn't equate to the 3 bs given to MTL and the many non-calls *looks at replay of KK literally getting dragged down by his face*. That Anderson "Roughing" penalty is what happens when someone who's close to 60lbs heavier pushes Hughes...

The amount of penalties was product of how disciplined each team was. VAN only had one or two others that could have potentially been called, likewise for the habs. Both teams had a weak call on them. Anderson's penalty was warranted and was more than a penalty. Just because the # of penalties is 6 to 1 doesn't mean its out of favor... you guys had the less disciplined team.

Besides, VAN hasn't had one PP goal coming into this game, so perhaps the issue is your guys ability to be disciplined and kill the penalties. This game wasn't gifted by the refs. No need to look for excuses. Other fans from neutral fanbases agreed that the bad reffing was not favoring one side.
habsfan01 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 3:47 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
The amount of penalties was product of how disciplined each team was. VAN only had one or two others that could have potentially been called, likewise for the habs. Both teams had a weak call on them. Anderson's penalty was warranted and was more than a penalty. Just because the # of penalties is 6 to 1 doesn't mean its out of favor... you guys had the less disciplined team.

Besides, VAN hasn't had one PP goal coming into this game, so perhaps the issue is your guys ability to be disciplined and kill the penalties. This game wasn't gifted by the refs. No need to look for excuses. Other fans from neutral fanbases agreed that the bad reffing was not favoring one side.

More than a penalty.....seriously lol...... and I haven't seen any other "fanbase" here agree with you.

Habs we clearly an undisciplined team during the game, and VAN's PP unblocking was due, no one is debating you there. The whole issue is that VAN were equally as undisciplined and the refs either turned a blind eye or genuinely missed the calls.
But honestly, for me it's was really just the one non-call on pulling KK down by his face that bothered me, then a few minutes later KK gets called for chirping the ref.... ridiculous
Jan. 21, 2021 at 3:57 a.m.
More than a penalty.....seriously lol...... and I haven't seen any other "fanbase" here agree with you.

Habs we clearly an undisciplined team during the game, and VAN's PP unblocking was due, no one is debating you there. The whole issue is that VAN were equally as undisciplined and the refs either turned a blind eye or genuinely missed the calls.
But honestly, for me it's was really just the one non-call on pulling KK down by his face that bothered me, then a few minutes later KK gets called for chirping the ref.... ridiculous

Yeah, this one KK penalty is the one miscall that stands out. I know there were missed calls, but not nearly enough to cause the scope of this game to be altered. I'd give you that one. I can't locate any other miscall that was as blatant and obvious. Still, aside the Kulak penalty, I don't think any of the MTL ones were horribly misguided.

https://twitter.com/HeresYourReplay/status/1352099594423963648?s=20

Anderson's penalty was more than deserved. This is not necessary in hockey. No need to shove someone aggressively into the net on a play that doesn't involve them. Where you might argue it more of a gray area type penalty (not a given), it was right in front of the ref and after the whistle. This is a cheap shot. If any of our players did that to Suzuki, nobody would be complaining.
Or, if nothing else, I don't think it's fair to argue that this play was just handing VAN the game.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 4:23 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Yeah, this one KK penalty is the one miscall that stands out. I know there were missed calls, but not nearly enough to cause the scope of this game to be altered. I'd give you that one. I can't locate any other miscall that was as blatant and obvious. Still, aside the Kulak penalty, I don't think any of the MTL ones were horribly misguided.

https://twitter.com/HeresYourReplay/status/1352099594423963648?s=20

Anderson's penalty was more than deserved. This is not necessary in hockey. No need to shove someone aggressively into the net on a play that doesn't involve them. Where you might argue it more of a gray area type penalty (not a given), it was right in front of the ref and after the whistle. This is a cheap shot. If any of our players did that to Suzuki, nobody would be complaining.
Or, if nothing else, I don't think it's fair to argue that this play was just handing VAN the game.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Anderson call

but you're preaching to the quire, Habs fans have seen these kinds of things for years with their "small forwards" being around the crease getting shoved, cross-checked, speared, etc.
seriously though, look at that replay, they both literally go straight to the net from a shot...this kind of play happens multiple times, EVERY game, between players going to the net, and 99% of the time the Dman shoves the guy away from the goalie, and every now and then it's start a bit of a scrum. This really is just a 170lbs kid (and you see him looking back at Anderson knowing its coming) getting shoved by a 230lbs guy... it reminded me of times when Chara would do that to Gallagher, same result, no call. It was a bs sympathy call from the ref for seeing Hughes getting embarrassed (who had an awful game by the way)
Jan. 21, 2021 at 5:03 a.m.
PDG over PDO

but you're preaching to the quire, Habs fans have seen these kinds of things for years with their "small forwards" being around the crease getting shoved, cross-checked, speared, etc.
seriously though, look at that replay, they both literally go straight to the net from a shot...this kind of play happens multiple times, EVERY game, between players going to the net, and 99% of the time the Dman shoves the guy away from the goalie, and every now and then it's start a bit of a scrum. This really is just a 170lbs kid (and you see him looking back at Anderson knowing its coming) getting shoved by a 230lbs guy... it reminded me of times when Chara would do that to Gallagher, same result, no call. It was a bs sympathy call from the ref for seeing Hughes getting embarrassed (who had an awful game by the way)

If you want to talk about preaching to the quire you are literally arguing with a Canucks fan about a bigger player getting a penalty for hitting a smaller player lmao Myers gets the same call 24/7, and in all honestly that is a penalty and it's a dumb one to take Anderson didn't need to do it hence the roughing call, he was trying to get under a star players skin and and it backfired and bit him in the ass
Wqrrior liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 8:28 a.m.
The Carey Price contract will go down as one of the top 5 worst contracts in NHL history. It was a hilariously bad contract before he finished signing his name.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.
PDG over PDO

Same play just happened with myers got called, still a bs call now?
Jan. 21, 2021 at 10:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: theleano1

yes. just the the edmundson penalty
Jan. 21, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: theleano1

yes, it is. I don't know if it just the new NHL, or Refs are really looking out for the younger star players, but since I've actively started watching the Habs twenty odd years ago, it's always been the same message. There's a price to pay to be in front of the net. doesn't matter if its in the offensive or defensive zone.
theleano1 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:29 a.m.
PDG over PDO
yes, it is. I don't know if it just the new NHL, or Refs are really looking out for the younger star players, but since I've actively started watching the Habs twenty odd years ago, it's always been the same message. There's a price to pay to be in front of the net. doesn't matter if its in the offensive or defensive zone.

Respect for you seeing it both ways, league has gotten softer tho i do understand why it is a penalty now a days

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll