ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$74,357,976$0$3,137,500$7,142,024
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 21, 2021 at 11:54 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Equal parties fault...

PLD deserved to be benched lol. Star names don’t get star treatment with torts which sucks in some cases but it is what it is.
Habsfan14, Kotkaniemi15, Campabee and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 21, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: yikes
Equal parties fault...

PLD deserved to be benched lol. Star names don’t get star treatment with torts which sucks in some cases but it is what it is.

He isnt playing well BECAUSE of torts. No one likes being yelled at ESPECIALLY when doing well
Jan. 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:06 a.m.
Quoting: Habsfan14
He isnt playing well BECAUSE of torts. No one likes being yelled at ESPECIALLY when doing well

Blind clearly.

His job is to play hockey. For 10 million dollars. It’s called not appreciating what you have and being spoiled. Work a 9-5 job with a ****ty boss then complain. Not a 10 million dollar job playing a game. Grow up; PLD should. If you don’t see the error on both parties; especially tonight when one party (PLD) was in the wrong; then you’re part of the problem.
McGruff and Campabee liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:00 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
He isn't playing well because he's a new sign of the forthcoming future batch of NHL-pu**ies.

I want money, fame, the limelight, commercials, MTV Cribs and do not want any corner battles; thanks Jeeves!
yikes, Habsfan14 and MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:06 a.m.
cbjthrowaway
If his value was actually declining, people wouldn't be running here to put together trade proposals with wishful thinking for their team to get him for a lowball deal.
jinx21, Habsfan14, Gofnut999 and 3 others liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:10 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: cbjthrowaway
If his value was actually declining, people wouldn't be running here to put together trade proposals with wishful thinking for their team to get him for a lowball deal.

"Fan-de-moan-eum" folks proposing Players-Prospects-Picks is not a sign of value, it's a sign of "Fan-de-moan-eum"...
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:11 a.m.
Not that low man
SociallyHawkward and mokumboi liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:13 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: cbjthrowaway

Exactly. Getting benched by Torts will have zero impact on what Kekäläinen will want, and receive, in any deal.
yikes, Gofnut999, SociallyHawkward and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:23 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: jinx21
Exactly. Getting benched by Torts will have zero impact on what Kekäläinen will want, and receive, in any deal.

Hopefully for their sake the impact is "0".
Recall the best recent example I can recall - the Matt Duchene dance w/ COL/OTT/NSH...

It was TOXIC and it kills the rest of the club....................100%

As if the pandemic doesn't cause enough financial angst - this twit has to add to it. Real men under contract buckle down and go Bar-Down...
jinx21 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:30 a.m.

Actually players who publicly request a trade then get benched for lack of effort lose a significant amount of value.

1. For being viewed as a problem
Or
2. Because the rival GM's get even more leverage in a trade.

Like Yikes said above though it is the fault of both PLD and Tortz. But the results are the same. If Jarmo wanted to get let's say KK + Norlinder + 1st you can bet after the last week he is starting to how this is creeping into his dressing room and will consider much lower offers now just to end the whole debacle.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:40 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Campabee
Actually players who publicly request a trade then get benched for lack of effort lose a significant amount of value.

1. For being viewed as a problem
Or
2. Because the rival GM's get even more leverage in a trade.

Like Yikes said above though it is the fault of both PLD and Tortz. But the results are the same. If Jarmo wanted to get let's say KK + Norlinder + 1st you can bet after the last week he is starting to how this is creeping into his dressing room and will consider much lower offers now just to end the whole debacle.

Actually, I totally disagree with your simplistic blanket analysis of a unique and individual circumstance. I guess we can agree to disagree.
SociallyHawkward liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:56 a.m.
Habs 2010
This situation is similar to Drouin in some ways.

It took two years for Drouin to learn what he needs to do to be successful in this league, I don't really want to go through all this drama again with PLD. PLD's effort tonight was disgusting. Can't believe Torts is getting crap over this, it is one thing to not play for your coach, but it is another to not play for your team or your teammates. PLD screams cancer right now... MTL does not need to add that to the great team they have built and developed this season.

As Romanov said "We are playing like a team, we are playing like a family".
McGruff and Campabee liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:10 a.m.
Actually, I totally disagree with your simplistic blanket analysis of a unique and individual circumstance. I guess we can agree to disagree.

It is not unique. Many players have demanded trades many have been benched rightfully or wrongfully. Tonight PLD definitely deserved to be benched. The other day though vs Detroit was uncalled for. I agree with Yikes here that both parties at fault for their part in the benching. Obviously there is something going on behind the scenes that needs to get resolved quickly or Columbus may be on the outside looking in come playoff time or even worse other players may start to request trades out of Columbus. Imagine if this goes on for another 2 weeks let alone months. Players will start to take sides if they already haven't it's just human nature. Imagine if Weirenski and Savard take PLD's side and Atkinson and Jones take Tortz side there could be a huge locker room blowup with multiple players just wanting out of the entire situation.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:18 a.m.
Banned
It is not unique. Many players have demanded trades many have been benched rightfully or wrongfully. Tonight PLD definitely deserved to be benched. The other day though vs Detroit was uncalled for. I agree with Yikes here that both parties at fault for their part in the benching. Obviously there is something going on behind the scenes that needs to get resolved quickly or Columbus may be on the outside looking in come playoff time or even worse other players may start to request trades out of Columbus. Imagine if this goes on for another 2 weeks let alone months. Players will start to take sides if they already haven't it's just human nature. Imagine if Weirenski and Savard take PLD's side and Atkinson and Jones take Tortz side there could be a huge locker room blowup with multiple players just wanting out of the entire situation.

He's not the first player to publicly announce he didn't want to play in Columbus. I don't think it hurt Panarin or Bob's demand or value. And he's certainly not the first player to butt heads with Torts. If he was a player demanding a trade out of Tampa or something, I could see it raising eyebrows. Columbus could send him home until they can work out a deal and I don't believe it would factor into his trade value.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:31 a.m.
He's not the first player to publicly announce he didn't want to play in Columbus. I don't think it hurt Panarin or Bob's demand or value. And he's certainly not the first player to butt heads with Torts. If he was a player demanding a trade out of Tampa or something, I could see it raising eyebrows. Columbus could send him home until they can work out a deal and I don't believe it would factor into his trade value.

Then you are naive, Bob and Panarin left in FA not trades. You can't compare a FA signing to a trade LMAO. That's rediculous.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:47 a.m.
Banned
Then you are naive, Bob and Panarin left in FA not trades. You can't compare a FA signing to a trade LMAO. That's rediculous.

What's ridiculous is me continuing to converse with someone incapable of viewing things on any other level than the most simplistic plane. I mentioned both Panarin and Bob to establish a pattern of players not wanting to either A) live in Columbus and/or B) Play for that organization. Of course, neither was traded (although both signaled early their wish to move on). Both were given huge contracts, both dollar-wise and term. That signifies their public stance on not playing in Columbus was not a concern around the league.

Again, if in your little world him being benched just knocked his value down - we can agree to disagree.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 2:01 a.m.
What's ridiculous is me continuing to converse with someone incapable of viewing things on any other level than the most simplistic plane. I mentioned both Panarin and Bob to establish a pattern of players not wanting to either A) live in Columbus and/or B) Play for that organization. Of course, neither was traded (although both signaled early their wish to move on). Both were given huge contracts, both dollar-wise and term. That signifies their public stance on not playing in Columbus was not a concern around the league.

Again, if in your little world him being benched just knocked his value down - we can agree to disagree.

The key words in this situation is TRADE VALUE not contract value!!! A FA is available to sign wherever they want meaning that only certain teams will be in on them and they LITERALLY have to give up NOTHING in return! You are comparing a trade to a FA signing which is rediculous. A FA letting the world know that they don't want to stay where they are doesn't decrease their value because the receiving team doesn't have anything to lose. They just have to be willing to pay the player without giving up any assets. A player under contract or RFA's do not have the luxury of signing anywhere and by requesting a trade let's it be known that they are not happy. That alone decreases the leverage of that players own GM. Then when locker room conflicts become public it further weakens the GM's bargaining position as other GM's will try to low ball them just like any hockey fan on this site. It's called negotiations not give me what I want for a reason! You are a fool if you think otherwise.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 2:13 a.m.
Banned
The key words in this situation is TRADE VALUE not contract value!!! A FA is available to sign wherever they want meaning that only certain teams will be in on them and they LITERALLY have to give up NOTHING in return! You are comparing a trade to a FA signing which is rediculous. A FA letting the world know that they don't want to stay where they are doesn't decrease their value because the receiving team doesn't have anything to lose. They just have to be willing to pay the player without giving up any assets. A player under contract or RFA's do not have the luxury of signing anywhere and by requesting a trade let's it be known that they are not happy. That alone decreases the leverage of that players own GM. Then when licker room conflicts become public it further weakens the GM's bargaining position as other GM's will try to low ball them just like any hockey fan on this site. It's called negotiations not give me what I want for a reason! You are a fool if you think otherwise.

I'm not sure if you're 10 years old or just significantly challenged? Maybe both.

Agree to disagree.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 2:34 a.m.
I'm not sure if you're 10 years old or just significantly challenged? Maybe both.

Agree to disagree.

Look I get you are a BJ fan but do you honestly think that a player leaving in FA is the same as an RFA wanting out and creating drama around the locker room? Even my 12 year old knows how to negotiate. No GM is ever going to give fair market value for a guy that is looking more and more like a locker room cancer. The fact that you don't have a legitimate arguement for why any GM would pay top dollar for a guy who not only wants out but is also 1. Not showing any passion on the ice and 2. Has been benched twice in 5 games is mind boggling. Rival GM's are not there to make Jarmo look good or help him win a trade they are there to get the best players available for the best price they can and they will use EVERY situation to drive the price down. It's like buying a house, If you want 500 000 and the roof needs repair I won't give you 500k I will offer 480k instead citing the repairs needed. It's called negotiations for a reason buddy. Learn it love it move on.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 3:16 a.m.
Banned
Look I get you are a BJ fan but do you honestly think that a player leaving in FA is the same as an RFA wanting out and creating drama around the locker room? Even my 12 year old knows how to negotiate. No GM is ever going to give fair market value for a guy that is looking more and more like a locker room cancer. The fact that you don't have a legitimate arguement for why any GM would pay top dollar for a guy who not only wants out but is also 1. Not showing any passion on the ice and 2. Has been benched twice in 5 games is mind boggling. Rival GM's are not there to make Jarmo look good or help him win a trade they are there to get the best players available for the best price they can and they will use EVERY situation to drive the price down. It's like buying a house, If you want 500 000 and the roof needs repair I won't give you 500k I will offer 480k instead citing the repairs needed. It's called negotiations for a reason buddy. Learn it love it move on.

The fact that you think I'm a Jacket's fan, when my avatar is on full display, reinforces everything I've established about your abilities to correctly read and judge situations. And I've been letting it slide, but your continued use of straw man arguments needs to be addressed.

I said that getting benched by Torts would have zero impact on PLD's value. FULL STOP. The fact he had asked for a trade prior is already baked into the cake. I also made the statement without opining on hypothetical what if's that may happen down the road. So, to make it as concise as possible, his trade value did not diminish from puck drop to the final siren.

Also, I did not A) Say that Panarin or Bob was traded nor B) That a UFA signing is the same thing as a trade. I am, however, guilty of using nuance to discuss the two situations.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll