Forums/Armchair-GM

PLD book it

Created by: Blazingbat11
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 22, 2021
Published: Jan. 22, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just having fun. I obviously know CBJ wouldn't exactly be happy with this return (although they are still getting premium assets, just not the Habs best lol).

Cap works, even while waiting the 14 day Quarantine. Once PLD is in the lineup, put him on LW with Suzuki and slot Toffoli back with KK. Have Suzuki and PLD only take faceoffs on their strong side.

once the season is over, still try and sign Danault, but I'd shift priorities to resigning Tatar instead.
Trades
CBJ
  1. Drouin, Jonathan
  2. Poehling, Ryan
  3. Ylönen, Jesse
  4. 2021 1st round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
CBJ takes their pick of Ylonen, Struble, or Harris
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$73,616,309$0$3,137,500$7,883,691
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
Of all the players on Montreal I’d say Drouin is the most anti-Torts. This a typical offer that’s going to get rejected as I really fail to see the “premiere” asset going back to CLB.
SociallyHawkward liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:41 a.m.
Quoting: BStinson
Of all the players on Montreal I’d say Drouin is the most anti-Torts. This a typical offer that’s going to get rejected as I really fail to see the “premiere” asset going back to CLB.

On the Montreal side I fail to see the point in paying the asking price for a player that is looking more and more like a locker room cancer. Why exactly does Montreal trade premium assets for PLD at this point? They don't PLD and Tortz are having what seems like daily conflicts at this point. Montreal are all playing for eachother, you don't disrupt that kind of symmetry with a player who could totally destroy everything you have built in the locker room.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 2:10 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
On the Montreal side I fail to see the point in paying the asking price for a player that is looking more and more like a locker room cancer. Why exactly does Montreal trade premium assets for PLD at this point? They don't PLD and Tortz are having what seems like daily conflicts at this point. Montreal are all playing for eachother, you don't disrupt that kind of symmetry with a player who could totally destroy everything you have built in the locker room.

That’s true, which is why it’s weird so many PLD to Montreal ACGMs. It’s also a small sample size for Montreal but it’s nice you guys are clicking. If Montreal doesn’t want to pony up premiere assets for him then someone else probably will. It still stands that Drouin isn’t a great fit nor do I think very highly of his complete game, Poehling isn’t anything special, and a first round pick is a first round pick.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 2:22 a.m.
That’s true, which is why it’s weird so many PLD to Montreal ACGMs. It’s also a small sample size for Montreal but it’s nice you guys are clicking. If Montreal doesn’t want to pony up premiere assets for him then someone else probably will.

I don't see many teams Ponying up the assets that Jackets fans and Jarmo initially wanted. Think about it this way. GM's are hockey fans too but their job is to get the best deal possible for their own teams. They use whatever leverage is available to them to lower the market value of a player being sought after. The Dubios situation is a prime example. MB reportedly called Jarmo early on and Jarmo said Nick Suzuki. That reportedly infuriated MB to the point where he hung up the phone. I am sure a couple days later MB called back and said look here is what I am willing to give up can we work around that (let's say the package was something like Danault + Caufield + 1st for arguments sake). This time Jarmo says no and ends the call. Now if things in Columbus had been good over the last week MB probably calls Jarmo back and says ok what about Kotkaniemi + Byron + Struble + 1st and maybe Jarmo accepts. But the way things did unfold Jarmo probably calls MB and says is that Danault trade still available and MB likely says no now I will only go Danault + Armia + 1st either the deal is done or Jarmo counters with something else revolving around Danault instead of KK or Suzuki. After the last week Jarmo is not going to want this drama hanging around for another month or more. He wants to make it someone else's problem and get a decent return at this point.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
I don't see many teams Ponying up the assets that Jackets fans and Jarmo initially wanted. Think about it this way. GM's are hockey fans too but their job is to get the best deal possible for their own teams. They use whatever leverage is available to them to lower the market value of a player being sought after. The Dubios situation is a prime example. MB reportedly called Jarmo early on and Jarmo said Nick Suzuki. That reportedly infuriated MB to the point where he hung up the phone. I am sure a couple days later MB called back and said look here is what I am willing to give up can we work around that (let's say the package was something like Danault + Caufield + 1st for arguments sake). This time Jarmo says no and ends the call. Now if things in Columbus had been good over the last week MB probably calls Jarmo back and says ok what about Kotkaniemi + Byron + Struble + 1st and maybe Jarmo accepts. But the way things did unfold Jarmo probably calls MB and says is that Danault trade still available and MB likely says no now I will only go Danault + Armia + 1st either the deal is done or Jarmo counters with something else revolving around Danault instead of KK or Suzuki. After the last week Jarmo is not going to want this drama hanging around for another month or more. He wants to make it someone else's problem and get a decent return at this point.

How do you know MB was infuriated when he hung up the phone over the initial ask (Suzuki)? I see a ton of comments where fans make assumptions or think because some click bait site posts they have “inside information” that’s it’s factual. Yes there is leverage to move PLD from a Columbus perspective but that doesn’t mean they need to move him only to Montreal. Other teams will/have called based on reporters tweets and that CLB is mulling over their options and have received multiple “good” offers. We don’t know what CLB FO sees as good or even if those reporters are correct as if I’m in the CLB FO I’m going to try and drum up some more demand for a higher asking price. All I know is there were reports from Athletic writers that Detroit was asking about availability and price but didn’t comment on the ask. I know he says all the right things but his actions on the ice say another thing and I believe he did this in juniors for the Screaming Eagles so I’d really question if he’s a Yzerman kind of guy but I don’t follow Bergevin nearly as close to say what he values in someone’s character.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
How do you know MB was infuriated when he hung up the phone over the initial ask (Suzuki)? I see a ton of comments where fans make assumptions or think because some click bait site posts they have “inside information” that’s it’s factual. Yes there is leverage to move PLD from a Columbus perspective but that doesn’t mean they need to move him only to Montreal. Other teams will/have called based on reporters tweets and that CLB is mulling over their options and have received multiple “good” offers. We don’t know what CLB FO sees as good or even if those reporters are correct as if I’m in the CLB FO I’m going to try and drum up some more demand for a higher asking price. All I know is there were reports from Athletic writers that Detroit was asking about availability and price but didn’t comment on the ask. I know he says all the right things but his actions on the ice say another thing and I believe he did this in juniors for the Screaming Eagles so I’d really question if he’s a Yzerman kind of guy but I don’t follow Bergevin nearly as close to say what he values in someone’s character.

Considering that MB traded both Subban and Pacioretty citing character issues one can assume that PLD's issues are not going unnoticed and likely turning off the Habs GM. I know that MB was infuriated because it was reported on Sportscenter with Pierre LeBrun doing the story.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll