UFA - 1
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Taxi Squad
    $863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
    Don’t know where this big trend of the Leafs trading for Bertuzzi came from. He’s a core piece in Detroit so he’s not available unless we get an offer that we can’t refuse.
    DeadWingsv2 liked this.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: redwingsfan04
    Don’t know where this big trend of the Leafs trading for Bertuzzi came from. He’s a core piece in Detroit so he’s not available unless we get an offer that we can’t refuse.

A. That's a pretty good offer for a rebuilding team, might need a bit more added but not much.

B. Leafs don't do it. Anderson is an ideal player to play up and down the line up. Compared to Zach Hyman, Connor Brown, and Blake Coleman. A solid 2way player that battles for pucks and plays physical. & he's basically making league minimum. They'd have no interest in moving a guy like that for Bertuzzi who would really see 3rd line minutes on the team (Hyman and Robertson on LW fit the roles better), and they'd likely lose him in the expansion draft. Plus there's Mikheyev who's cheaper and plays the role better anyways. For depth and contract reasons, Toronto wouldn't have interest in any Bertuzzi deal.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:30 p.m.
    Quoting: Ryminister_27
    A. That's a pretty good offer for a rebuilding team, might need a bit more added but not much.

B. Leafs don't do it. Anderson is an ideal player to play up and down the line up. Compared to Zach Hyman, Connor Brown, and Blake Coleman. A solid 2way player that battles for pucks and plays physical. & he's basically making league minimum. They'd have no interest in moving a guy like that for Bertuzzi who would really see 3rd line minutes on the team (Hyman and Robertson on LW fit the roles better), and they'd likely lose him in the expansion draft. Plus there's Mikheyev who's cheaper and plays the role better anyways. For depth and contract reasons, Toronto wouldn't have interest in any Bertuzzi deal.

He scores a couple of goals and its a good deal Bertuzzi has had back to back 20 goal seasons. It a good for Toronto but not Detroit.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: aedoran
    He scores a couple of goals and its a good deal Bertuzzi has had back to back 20 goal seasons. It a good for Toronto but not Detroit.

I guess you can't read. I clearly said there was other factors to the deal besides goal scoring that you completely overlooked. Goals aren't everything in hockey. But sure, you're entitled to your opinion.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:41 p.m.
    I guess you can't read. I clearly said there was other factors to the deal besides goal scoring that you completely overlooked. Goals aren't everything in hockey. But sure, you're entitled to your opinion.

You are right just tired of Toronto fans thinking the overvaluing the bottom half of their roster and NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN A PLAYER ISN'T GOING TO BE TRADED.
    VijayPatel11 liked this.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 12:54 p.m.
    Banned
    You are right just tired of Toronto fans thinking the overvaluing the bottom half of their roster and NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN A PLAYER ISN'T GOING TO BE TRADED.

Sorry, didn't know you worked for the Wings and knew for absolute certainty that any player would or wouldn't be traded. Thanks, I'll check with you next time though.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.

A. No, that’s not a good deal for Detroit or any rebuilder. What is with this fascination of playing only rookies on these sites? You need veterans to teach the youngsters and it’s not like Bertuzzi is a rental.

B. Anderson hasn’t played in the NHL so we don’t know what he can do at the highest level and isn’t that level of prospect to say he’s off limits. Mikheyev hasn’t shown he’s better yet but yeah he’s cheaper. So I get the argument you like your LWs so let’s stop seeing these Leaf ACGMs trading for Bert unless we something like Sandin + 1st.
    aedoran and RedWing9119 liked this.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: BStinson
    A. No, that’s not a good deal for Detroit or any rebuilder. What is with this fascination of playing only rookies on these sites? You need veterans to teach the youngsters and it’s not like Bertuzzi is a rental.

B. Anderson hasn’t played in the NHL so we don’t know what he can do at the highest level and isn’t that level of prospect to say he’s off limits. Mikheyev hasn’t shown he’s better yet but yeah he’s cheaper. So I get the argument you like your LWs so let’s stop seeing these Leaf ACGMs trading for Bert unless we something like Sandin + 1st.

How bout Wings fans stop overvaluing Bertuzzi? If Toronto ever offered Sandin and a 1st for Bertuzzi then Detroit would be dumb as hell to not take that. Bertuzzi isn't worth anywhere near that.

Talk about Leafs fans overvaluing their teams players all you want, but if that's how you value Bertuzzi then you need to look in the mirro before you make comments like that.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:08 p.m.
    Sorry, didn't know you worked for the Wings and knew for absolute certainty that any player would or wouldn't be traded. Thanks, I'll check with you next time though.

How about this if Detroit trades Bertuzzi this season you can pick my Avatar as long as it doesn't violate CapFriendy.com rules or terms. If Bertuzzi is still on the Wings I get to choose yours same rules apply.
    RedWing9119 and BStinson liked this.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
    How bout Wings fans stop overvaluing Bertuzzi? If Toronto ever offered Sandin and a 1st for Bertuzzi then Detroit would be dumb as hell to not take that. Bertuzzi isn't worth anywhere near that.

Talk about Leafs fans overvaluing their teams players all you want, but if that's how you value Bertuzzi then you need to look in the mirro before you make comments like that.

Bertuzzi > Kapanen and look what he returned. Don’t know why a team would want to trade a young gritty 2 way player anyway. So how are we over valuing ?
    RedWing9119 and aedoran liked this.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 3:54 p.m.
    Banned
    How about this if Detroit trades Bertuzzi this season you can pick my Avatar as long as it doesn't violate CapFriendy.com rules or terms. If Bertuzzi is still on the Wings I get to choose yours same rules apply.

I never said they were going to trade him. It's not even my ACGM. I'm just saying that you thinking who you know they'd move and wouldn't is ridiculous. You're not Yzerman and don't work in the Red Wings front office. You don't know if they would or wouldn't. No one in the league is untouchable.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 3:59 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: BStinson
    Bertuzzi > Kapanen and look what he returned. Don’t know why a team would want to trade a young gritty 2 way player anyway. So how are we over valuing ?

& everyone has said from the time of the trade that Leafs got more than what they should have for Kapanen. And the difference between Kapanen and Bertuzzi is THAT great of a difference to justify anymore than what Toronto got for Kapanen. But saying that a 1st and a top prospect in the league (Sandin) isn't enough is absurd. Leafs got a mid round 1st and a C+ prospect. Where's the difference that Bertuzzi is worth a 1st and a A prospect? If you think that's what Bertuzzi is worth, you're HIGHLY, HIGHLY overvaluing him.
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
    I never said they were going to trade him. It's not even my ACGM. I'm just saying that you thinking who you know they'd move and wouldn't is ridiculous. You're not Yzerman and don't work in the Red Wings front office. You don't know if they would or wouldn't. No one in the league is untouchable.

No you didn't but you did imply that I had no idea about what I was talking about with your quote below. So now I have a quote for you.

Quoting: Tallahassee
    It's time to nut up or shut up!
    Jan. 22, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.
    & everyone has said from the time of the trade that Leafs got more than what they should have for Kapanen. And the difference between Kapanen and Bertuzzi is THAT great of a difference to justify anymore than what Toronto got for Kapanen. But saying that a 1st and a top prospect in the league (Sandin) isn't enough is absurd. Leafs got a mid round 1st and a C+ prospect. Where's the difference that Bertuzzi is worth a 1st and a A prospect? If you think that's what Bertuzzi is worth, you're HIGHLY, HIGHLY overvaluing him.

I put my value in what actual GMs do when I perceive a player’s value instead of online armchair GMs so your first point is moot. So that is a valid comparable trade. Outside of Kapanen’s skating, Bertuzzi is better at just about everything else. When did I say a first + Sandin wouldn’t be enough for Bertuzzi? I was the one that proposed it so you’re just trying to put words in my mouth because your argument isn’t logical/rationale. You also completely skipped over my initial reply because there isn’t a logical counter for icing an all rookie team.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll