SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CBJ/WPG) - Dubois and 3rd for Laine, Roslovic

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 23, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.
Serf
There’s a higher chance of PLD resigning near his family in Winnipeg than Laine or Roslovic in Columbus. If you don’t agree, that’s fine, we’ll see when and if it happens. BTW, reread that first sentence, higher chance means it might happen, I just wouldn’t bet on it.
exo2769 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
Banned
and Laine/Dubois for Pesce/Bean/Necas/Trocheck and 999 1st round picks trades are over
Pete liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
Go Jets Go
I’m in shock and not ready to change my profile picture lol. I genuinely think this is a fair deal but Im still torn.
BeterChiarelli, OldNYIfan, Efmjnc and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
Winnipeg paid a 1st round pick to move back one spot in the draft and pick up a 3rd lol
Jan. 23, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
For those saying Winnipeg got fleeced. Keep in mind how dominant Dubois was in the playoffs last year. He wiped the floor of the leafs and narrowly wiped the lightning. The kid is good. Now Winnipeg has one of the best one two punches in the league. Good trade.
Pross, Rooney, DatsyukianDekes and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
Fair deal. I like it for both.

PLD now has proper wings and can reach 30+ goal potential, Winnipeg now has an intriguing center core of Schiefle, PLD, and Stasny.

Laine gets a change of scenery and knows the GM, and Ros is from the area so hes happy to
DatsyukianDekes and Efmjnc liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo
Think whoever wins this long term will depend on which player ends up staying on their new team the longest.

Short term, I think it's fairly even though.

PLD dad coaches the mooseheads Dcore so thats a factor that can play in Winnipegs favor. But on the other hand Laine knows the blue jackets GM so that can also work and Roslavic is from the area so it works out to and he extended so meh to early to tell
DatsyukianDekes liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: ON3M4N
Winnipeg paid a 1st round pick to move back one spot in the draft and pick up a 3rd lol

And still won the trade. I know! Crazy
Rooney liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 1:59 p.m.
Edited Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:46 p.m.
Laine is the better goal scorer, PLD is the best overall player and Ros is a NHL middle 6 player and the 3rd Rd pick is a AHL prospect/NHL potential project.

With all the said, Winnipeg wins the trade still.
Rooney and Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
I'm proud of Winnipeg for handling their need to fill their 2nd Line Centre hole. This deal absolutely covers our missing Centre depth, BUT the Jets are still in need of a top line Defender to add yet. PLD has family in the Jets system, his father (Eric Dubois) is a coach for the MB Moose (the Jets farm team: AHL), so I can see Dubois feeling more "at home" with this move in the near future. Coach Maurice will now have more options to run the top 3 Forward lines and how they'll adjust their Powerplay lines in the mix. I see more positive impact for the whole of the Jets team in this trade.

I'm happy for Patrick Laine, he did contribute and do well for the Jets, but never hit the ceiling he was projected for. I have a gut feeling that Laine will struggle more-so in CBJ than he did in WPG. With PL Dubois leaving CBJ, Laine won't have a top Centre to help him sniping from the slot. I can see Max Domi and Laine working well together, but we'll see how Coach Torts handles Laine's lack of NHL maturity. I wish Laine the best in his future with CBJ, good luck Laine.

Jack Roslovic got his dream come true, playing in the NHL in front of his home town. I liked his tenacity as a Forward depth player with the Jets, but I really don't believe he'll measure up to top 6 Forward material. His potential is good, but honestly not good enough for a top 6 Forward YET. Maybe the change of scenery and the location may help Jack flourish to become that player. I personally think he lacks size for his play style, but maybe Coach Torts can help him figure it out best.
Rooney, Faulk_my_Dzingel, OldNYIfan and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.
Edited Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
CBJ won big.

How did they get the Jets to retain on Laine too?
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
Quoting: sarwahyper
torts is gonna absolutely hate laine lmao

If Laine is smart this can be the best thing for his career. He could do forLaine what Trotz did for Ovie
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
For those saying Winnipeg got fleeced. Keep in mind how dominant Dubois was in the playoffs last year. He wiped the floor of the leafs and narrowly wiped the lightning. The kid is good. Now Winnipeg has one of the best one two punches in the league. Good trade.

The lightning downed Columbus in five come on don’t get over exaggeratory
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
CBJ won big.

How did they get the Jets to retain on Laine too?

The retain was to make sure this trade was for equal $ amount for this season, as Laine's contract is up this summer.

So the Jets get one more cheaper season from PLD than if they kept Laine....what do you think is the over/under on Laine's contract next year >? 8 million
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:52 p.m.
Edited Jan. 23, 2021 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
The retain was to make sure this trade was for equal $ amount for this season, as Laine's contract is up this summer.

So the Jets get one more cheaper season from PLD than if they kept Laine....what do you think is the over/under on Laine's contract next year >? 8 million

Think it will be higher than that. His QO is 7.5M and he has arbitration rights. Unless he plays poorly I think the over under is 9M.

Laine gets paid more cause he's a better player...
Jan. 23, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
And still won the trade. I know! Crazy

I think both teams won to be honest.
exo2769 and Bolts20Cup liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
Pete
don't think Jets needed Dubois
the same for Laine and Columbus

... and the absolute looser of this trade iiis Laaaineeeee! Good luck under Tortorella sarcasm
weirfanno1 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
torontos finest
He wiped the floor of the leafs and narrowly wiped the lightning.

I'm still upset that Clifford didn't do **** to this punk after he took out Muzzin.
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 4:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo
I'm still upset that Clifford didn't do **** to this punk after he took out Muzzin.

people laughed when Matthews complained but quickly realized how serious cross checking the back can be when NHL reporters mentioned the incident involving Muzzin as he could have broke his neck with that play.

The NHL should make cross checking the back a penalty to discourage players from doing it as I have seen players time and time again get injured because of it. PLD knew there would be no discipline and that he could get away with it.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Also, is Laine still injured? Was he actually injured at all or was it just because they were going to trade him?

He is gone for another week or so
Jan. 23, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Majors and minors
I posted Wpeg won the trade, but you won't know for a year. Would you have traded Roslovic for Dubois If Laine doesn't sign... When Laine's worth falls because of high demands, then what?
Jan. 23, 2021 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Think it will be higher than that. His QO is 7.5M and he has arbitration rights. Unless he plays poorly I think the over under is 9M.

Laine gets paid more cause he's a better player...

Laine better >? just wait and see his point totals without a #1 center helping him. Laine may even get traded again in the summer.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
Edited Jan. 23, 2021 at 7:37 p.m.

Yeah I don't know about that:

- He had 3 goals in one game against Toronto (solid ... but he played 28 minutes 3/5 of his shots went in)
- He had 1 secondary assist in the other 4 games combined (so a total of 4 points in 5 games vs Toronto)
- He scored 1 goal against Tampa in a game one loss (then was scoreless in 4 games as his team lost 4-1).

So to quote you:

"Keep in mind how dominant Dubois was in the playoffs last year" = OMG SOOO D-O-M-I-N-A-N-T.
"He wiped the floor of the leafs and narrowly wiped the lightning." = NOT REALLY and NOT AT ALL.

Please hold your head in shame for exaggerating so much ....
Jan. 23, 2021 at 7:17 p.m.
You know nothing JS
WOULD YOU HAVE TRADE GETZLAF FOR OVECHKIN AT 22 YEARS OLD?

Such a win for CLB. Sure they are thinner on the centerline, but they got awesome value for a toxic asset.

1 for 1 would had been fair. Still CLB would have hit the future 50 goals scorer.

Roslovic and retained salary is just cherry on top.
Jan. 23, 2021 at 7:40 p.m.
Nah.
Quoting: sensibleguy
There’s a higher chance of PLD resigning near his family in Winnipeg than Laine or Roslovic in Columbus. If you don’t agree, that’s fine, we’ll see when and if it happens. BTW, reread that first sentence, higher chance means it might happen, I just wouldn’t bet on it.

His dad is currently a scout for the WPG AHL team, but PLD is from Montreal; so, he actually just moved 1,000 miles further away from his family.

And Roslovic is from Columbus, so I’d put chances higher at him staying.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit