$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000 ($175,000$175K$175,000$175K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 27, 2021 at 4:24 a.m.
In Connor We Trust
St Louis easily Rejects
Jan. 27, 2021 at 6:50 a.m.
Blues and canadiens
It’s not even enough for Dunn alone
Jan. 27, 2021 at 8:21 a.m.
Quoting: Beetlejuice
St Louis easily Rejects

Quoting: Cecifornorristrophy
It’s not even enough for Dunn alone

Dunn is off to a slow start, but his game is definitely all that. To put Dunn in perspective, think Sandin.

The rumours around Dunn have little to do with playing ability imo, and more to do with cap and the numbers game.

Long term, he plays second pairing behind Krug.

So, Dermott, as good as he is in his own right, is a falt out downgrade. Soup for Kyrou is a lateral move. The pick falls short of making up any difference.

And that's if the Blues even entertain it.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 8:51 a.m.
Quoting: swinny
Dunn is off to a slow start, but his game is definitely all that. To put Dunn in perspective, think Sandin.

The rumours around Dunn have little to do with playing ability imo, and more to do with cap and the numbers game.

So, Dermott, as good as he is in his own right, is a falt out downgrade. Soup for Kyrou is a lateral move. The pick falls short of making up any difference.

Kyrou is an upgrade over Mikheyev and it's not even a joke. But that's why the Blues won't trade Kyrou. He's the leading scorer right now and doesn't appear to be slowing down
VijayPatel11 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.

According to the attached link (I have no idea as to the credibility of the reporter as I do not follow the Blues at all) Dunn's biggest issue in St. Louis is he averages 40+ turnovers a year and does not contribute enough offensively to make up for his defensive issues. From just reading the story the author views Dunn as a Drouin on defense.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: Chopper02
Kyrou is an upgrade over Mikheyev and it's not even a joke. But that's why the Blues won't trade Kyrou. He's the leading scorer right now and doesn't appear to be slowing down

He is off to a great start. If hr can maintain it, well then
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
According to the attached link (I have no idea as to the credibility of the reporter as I do not follow the Blues at all) Dunn's biggest issue in St. Louis is he averages 40+ turnovers a year and does not contribute enough offensively to make up for his defensive issues. From just reading the story the author views Dunn as a Drouin on defense.

Interesting take. Drouin playing in his own end is a sight to behold. Conversely, if Dunn's issues were that bad, why would you resign him? Especially when there was (and still is) a market for him?
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Interesting take. Drouin playing in his own end is a sight to behold. Conversely, if Dunn's issues were that bad, why would you resign him? Especially when there was (and still is) a market for him?

Like I said, it was a story I read and I have no idea as to the credibility of the author
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.
Like I said, it was a story I read and I have no idea as to the credibility of the author

Hard to find a credible write up. Bias is inherent.

Why I just love reading Sportsnet articles about the Leafs. Robertson looks good, but they make him sound like the 2nd coming of Ovechkin lol.
Campabee liked this.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:38 a.m.
Hard to find a credible write up. Bias is inherent.

Why I just love reading Sportsnet articles about the Leafs. Robertson looks good, but they make him sound like the 2nd coming of Ovechkin lol.

I find the best way to gage how a player is developing and whatnot is to listen to what other teams coaching staff and analysts say about him. For instance I live in Trenton, Ontario and am a Habs fan but I mostly only get to watch SportsCenter which is heavily biased towards the Leafs so when the analysts say something like the feel like Romanov is a candidate for the Calder or Suzuki will be a 1C, I tend to take them more seriously than say RDS analysts saying it. ESPN is another good source for Leafs and Habs fans to get good accurate analysis as they tend to favor the U.S. based teams more.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:40 a.m.
I find the best way to gage how a player is developing and whatnot is to listen to what other teams coaching staff and analysts say about him. For instance I live in Trenton, Ontario and am a Habs fan but I mostly only get to watch SportsCenter which is heavily biased towards the Leafs so when the analysts say something like the feel like Romanov is a candidate for the Calder or Suzuki will be a 1C, I tend to take them more seriously than say RDS analysts saying it. ESPN is another good source for Leafs and Habs fans to get good accurate analysis as they tend to favor the U.S. based teams more.

I live in Napanee lol. So yes. 100% agree.🤣🤣🤣

I use Dobber quite a bit for younger players. Seems to have a good gauge, and there is no affiliation.
Campabee liked this.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:49 a.m.

Dunn's biggest issue is consistency. There are games where he is one of the best defenseman in all aspects of the game. Then there are games like Sunday where he gets blown out 1 on 1.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.
Dunn's biggest issue is consistency. There are games where he is one of the best defenseman in all aspects of the game. Then there are games like Sunday where he gets blown out 1 on 1.

That is kind of what I figured, I think he for sure could use a change of scenery and perhaps his playing style is not suited to the defense first style St. Louis plays. I don't think his value has dropped much even considering what that story was saying, hence the reason I offered Harris + 2nd + 3rd for Dunn in another thread.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 9:58 a.m.
That is kind of what I figured, I think he for sure could use a change of scenery and perhaps his playing style is not suited to the defense first style St. Louis plays. I don't think his value has dropped much even considering what that story was saying, hence the reason I offered Harris + 2nd + 3rd for Dunn in another thread.

I dont know anything about Harris. The one area where the Blues need help is on the right side of defense for the future. They have zero prospects that could play there. I wish the Blues would have given Dunn more of a chance. Defensively, he's no different Krug, in fact he's probably slightly better. He just doesn't have his offense.
My top choice for a trade would be the Islanders for Bode Wilde +
Jan. 27, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
I dont know anything about Harris. The one area where the Blues need help is on the right side of defense for the future. They have zero prospects that could play there. I wish the Blues would have given Dunn more of a chance. Defensively, he's no different Krug, in fact he's probably slightly better. He just doesn't have his offense.
My top choice for a trade would be the Islanders for Bode Wilde +

Harris is a 2 way LHD, this year he and Struble both have 10 points in 11 games for Northeastern in the NCAA. He projects to be a top 3-6 D man and if we didn't have Romanov, Norlinder, Guhle and Struble all ahead of him I probably wouldn't even consider moving him. Our group of LHD prospects is actually quite good and the 5 top ones all similar ceilings but play different roles. What I like about Harris is his skating ability is equal to Mete but his passing and shooting are much better. DobberProspects projects his PNHLe to be just below a 1st line player. Here are a couple of quotes from Dobber

March 2020 – Jordan Harris continues to play a big role for Northeastern in his sophomore season by logging a lot of crucial minutes for the team. He uses his 4-way mobility to transition the puck out of oncoming pressure and up the ice. His ability to not only move north-south but also east-west, allows him to evade pressure and gives him much more time to make an effective outlet pass and start the rush the other way. His offensive upside has really begun to take shine this season with 21 points in 31 games, and even more so in his last run of games where he has 10 points in 13 games. A decision is expected to be made at the end of the season on whether Harris goes pro or plays another year of college. Pablo Ruiz

December 2019 – Currently in his sophomore year at Northeastern University, Harris has begun to show some of the upside that he had coming out of the draft in 2018. He has always been an efficient and smooth skater, effectively using his edges and speed to control the pace of play but this season his offensive game has taken a step in the right direction. Matching the 13 points in 39 games from last season in just 18 games this year, he has shown a renewed confidence with the puck on his stick and a willingness to try to make a play. He plays with a ton of speed from the back end and will have to rely on his skating in the defensive zone to be an effective defender. He makes a good first pass and can skate in transition at the NCAA level. He fits the mould of the modern-day defenseman quite well. Likely a year or two away from making the jump to professional hockey, Harris is a player that should intrigue the Habs as he develops further. Tony Ferrari
Jan. 27, 2021 at 10:35 a.m.
Harris is a 2 way LHD, this year he and Struble both have 10 points in 11 games for Northeastern in the NCAA. He projects to be a top 3-6 D man and if we didn't have Romanov, Norlinder, Guhle and Struble all ahead of him I probably wouldn't even consider moving him. Our group of LHD prospects is actually quite good and the 5 top ones all similar ceilings but play different roles. What I like about Harris is his skating ability is equal to Mete but his passing and shooting are much better. DobberProspects projects his PNHLe to be just below a 1st line player. Here are a couple of quotes from Dobber

March 2020 – Jordan Harris continues to play a big role for Northeastern in his sophomore season by logging a lot of crucial minutes for the team. He uses his 4-way mobility to transition the puck out of oncoming pressure and up the ice. His ability to not only move north-south but also east-west, allows him to evade pressure and gives him much more time to make an effective outlet pass and start the rush the other way. His offensive upside has really begun to take shine this season with 21 points in 31 games, and even more so in his last run of games where he has 10 points in 13 games. A decision is expected to be made at the end of the season on whether Harris goes pro or plays another year of college. Pablo Ruiz

December 2019 – Currently in his sophomore year at Northeastern University, Harris has begun to show some of the upside that he had coming out of the draft in 2018. He has always been an efficient and smooth skater, effectively using his edges and speed to control the pace of play but this season his offensive game has taken a step in the right direction. Matching the 13 points in 39 games from last season in just 18 games this year, he has shown a renewed confidence with the puck on his stick and a willingness to try to make a play. He plays with a ton of speed from the back end and will have to rely on his skating in the defensive zone to be an effective defender. He makes a good first pass and can skate in transition at the NCAA level. He fits the mould of the modern-day defenseman quite well. Likely a year or two away from making the jump to professional hockey, Harris is a player that should intrigue the Habs as he develops further. Tony Ferrari

He sounds like a decent player. The issue i have with him is that he's a LHD. Blues have Perunovich and Mikkola on the left who are younger and Perunovich just won the Hobey-Baker last year. How about Josh Brook? I've had my eye on him for awhile.
Campabee liked this.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 10:47 a.m.
He sounds like a decent player. The issue i have with him is that he's a LHD. Blues have Perunovich and Mikkola on the left who are younger and Perunovich just won the Hobey-Baker last year. How about Josh Brook? I've had my eye on him for awhile.

That is the issue with Montreal, we have literally have no RHD depth. Our entire RHD depth chart consists of Weber, Petry, Fleury, Brook and Henrikson that is it lol. However we do have options with Mete, Edmundson, Guhle, Romanov and Struble all able to play the right side as well. I wouldn't be opposed to Brook + 2021 1st for Dunn.
Chopper02 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
That is the issue with Montreal, we have literally have no RHD depth. Our entire RHD depth chart consists of Weber, Petry, Fleury, Brook and Henrikson that is it lol. However we do have options with Mete, Edmundson, Guhle, Romanov and Struble all able to play the right side as well. I wouldn't be opposed to Brook + 2021 1st for Dunn.

Blues have Parayko, Faulk, Bortuzzo, and Reinke. So we're in a lesser boat. Only left handed person that can play the right for the Blues is Gunnarson and he's at the end of his career. There's hope Perunovich can but I dont know if that would happen.
I'd be more than happy with a Brook and 1st for Dunn though
Campabee liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 9:36 a.m.
The 1 True GM

Dermott is the better all around dman... Mikheyev you give up the good checking, solid PKer, and someone that can play up and down the lineup for a forward with good offensive potential that hasnt shown consistency in a bottom 6 role in St.L... this deal is more than fair to the blues
Jan. 28, 2021 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: Sean4417
Dermott is the better all around dman... Mikheyev you give up the good checking, solid PKer, and someone that can play up and down the lineup for a forward with good offensive potential that hasnt shown consistency in a bottom 6 role in St.L... this deal is more than fair to the blues

I think your under estimating Dunn. But that's just my opinion.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll