SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Question about LTIR relief pools

Jan. 27, 2021 at 4:41 p.m.
I had a question about the LTIR relief pools.

Say a player goes on LTIR mid season. Then comes off once he is healthy. There is space left in the pools at the time the player returns healthy

Can a team use those pools after the player returns?
Jan. 28, 2021 at 8:41 a.m.
Quoting: Black61

Say a player goes on LTIR mid season. Then comes off once he is healthy. There is space left in the pools at the time the player returns healthy

im not sure what you are asking. it sounds like you are asking if a player is placed on ltir mid season and they arent fully against the cap are they able to use the full cap space after the player comes off? The CBA and LTIR is tricky. From my understanding once LTIR is utilized whatever cap number you are at AFTER the relief becomes your new cap ceiling. so for example if anaheim was at 80m in player aav after utilizing ltir. their new cap ceiling is 80m. Thats why teams strategize and set different lineups when activating ltir. the closer you are to the cap ceiling when you put a player on LTIR the more cap you have to work with.

Additionally, just because you have players on LTIR you still have to be compliant to the daily average aav as well. this means you cant simply go over the cap ceiling using ltir there are other hurdles involved.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Black61

In this situation does the team still have a player on LTIR?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll