Published: Jan. 28, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
ARI
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. Goligoski, Alex
Additional Details:
The Bruins take one more kick at the can.

Goligoski can still play top 4 minutes effectively, and gives them blueline depth they need.

All for letting the kids play (Lauzon has looked good), but Cups are won with defense. Goligoski brings experience.
ARI
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. Demers, Jason
Additional Details:
The Canes should be in the mix, and I suspect will look to add some proven blueline depth at the deadline. Demers can certainly play some bottom 6 minutes.
ARI
  1. Hutton, Carter
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (BUF)
BUF
  1. Raanta, Antti
Additional Details:
Sabres are hanging around. Raanta should be all rights give them a solid enough tandem to helpnpush towards the playoffs.
PHI
  1. Hjalmarsson, Niklas
Additional Details:
Hjalmarsson still has a bot of game left on him. The Flyers blueline, for as young and talented as it is, misses the stabilizing presence of Niskanen. Now, Hjalarsson iz no Niskanen, but he would certainky provide that stabilizing presence without taking icetime from the kids. Acquisition isnon hopes of a Finals appearance. Flyers are that good, and should be all in.
ARI
  1. Johnson, Tyler
  2. Raddysh, Taylor
Additional Details:
Hear me out. Tampa gets a RW that can produce, saving $1.6 million in cap, and on what will be an expiring deal. Sure, some will say Johnson won't waive, but rumours had it he was willing to gonto Anaheim, so this maybe not too far fetched. For Tampa, this is about moving this contract out, getting some much need cap space moving forward while maintaining its offensive power.
TBL
  1. Kessel, Phil ($3,400,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Why would the Yotes do this? For starters, Johnson isn't that bad. Is he worth $5 million? No. But, with this complete teardown, the team still has to make basement, and of Johnson can put up 40 points, he is at least replacing Kessel's production. Raddysh should give the Yotes a scrappy 3rd liner here with top 6 potential.

There is a possibility more could be had given how much this helps Tampa, but Raddysh is still a touted prospect.
ARI
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (DAL)
DAL
  1. Brassard, Derick
Additional Details:
I would argue Brassard is an upgrade on Cogliano, or anyone else the Stars may through on the 3rd line. They will go for it.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$58,551,117$196,951$1,750,000$22,948,883
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,850,000$5,850,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
$7,150,000$7,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$1,533,333$1,533,333
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 5
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$833,333$833,333
RW
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,275,000$5,275,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 28, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
Lenny7
I think you're selling short on Raanta (Hutton is a cap dump...probably costs a 3rd to move him in the first place), and Kessel (You've turned Tyler Johnson into an $8.3 mil cap hit for the next 2 years, all just to downgrade your offence and get Raddysh, who will likely end up as a bottom 6 forward).
OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Lenny7
I think you're selling short on Raanta (Hutton is a cap dump...probably costs a 3rd to move him in the first place), and Kessel (You've turned Tyler Johnson into an $8.3 mil cap hit for the next 2 years, all just to downgrade your offence and get Raddysh, who will likely end up as a bottom 6 forward).

I would currently take Hutton over Raanta, 1st game the whole team sucked, the last 2 games he has a 1.00 GAA and a .952 save%. If youre worried about the concussion, the Sabres could do better. For this price I'd consider Raanta
Jan. 28, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Shibbal18
I would currently take Hutton over Raanta, 1st game the whole team sucked, the last 2 games he has a 1.00 GAA and a .952 save%. If youre worried about the concussion, the Sabres could do better. For this price I'd consider Raanta

I'm more worried about the past two seasons as a subpar goaltender (Yes, I know about his eyes), vs. Raanta's sustained success (albeit with injury issues). I'll take the multi-season sample size over the past 2 games, though I could see the Sabres standing pat if they believe in Hutton (I don't, but I've been wrong before).
Jan. 28, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Shibbal18
I'm more worried about the past two seasons as a subpar goaltender (Yes, I know about his eyes), vs. Raanta's sustained success (albeit with injury issues). I'll take the multi-season sample size over the past 2 games, though I could see the Sabres standing pat if they believe in Hutton (I don't, but I've been wrong before).

its hard to factor in 2 previous seasons where he had an illness compared to the season after that illness was corrected and he came out playing visibly better
Lenny7 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 1:01 p.m.
Lauzon and Zborol have both been very good.

Additional Details:

Goligoski can still play top 4 minutes effectively, and gives them blueline depth they need.

All for letting the kids play (Lauzon has looked good), but Cups are won with defense. Goligoski brings experience.

The Bruins do not need and old stinky guy. He is capable of top 4 minutes on the worst team in the the league.

The only D the bruins would add would be someone to build around (Hanafin as an example, heck Chychrun would work, but zero chance they pick up a 35 year old for a 2nd pick.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
Works for me. Hutton has seemingly improved this year but Raanta is still a much more proven and capable 1A/1B.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Shibbal18
its hard to factor in 2 previous seasons where he had an illness compared to the season after that illness was corrected and he came out playing visibly better

Yeah, I think it's certainly a risk either way. Plus, given that they're both UFA's after this season, I don't see why Arizona wouldn't try to build up Raanta's value and move him for futures anyway. Guy has been well above average every season that he's played, and the likelihood of someone getting desperate for a goaltender in such a short, jam packed season most likely gives them a shot to take advantage.

Also, I love the fact that Mike Bales is your guys goalie coach...he was playing for the PEI Senators when I was a kid and for some strange reason he was my favorite tears of joy
Jan. 28, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.

Not sure it's downgarded, as Kessel didn't exactky light it up in his first year there - which is where I am gauging here. Now, if year 2 goes better it is more than reasonable to ask more than Raddysh, or just keep Kessel around.

The deal is really saying I see Kessel dojng what he did last year.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 2:45 p.m.
Quoting: Propeller09
Lauzon and Zborol have both been very good.

Additional Details:

The Bruins do not need and old stinky guy. He is capable of top 4 minutes on the worst team in the the league.

The only D the bruins would add would be someone to build around (Hanafin as an example, heck Chychrun would work, but zero chance they pick up a 35 year old for a 2nd pick.

Ya might wanna look at what Goligoaki is doing on the worst team in the league. Dude still has game.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 3:26 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: swinny
Ya might wanna look at what Goligoaki is doing on the worst team in the league. Dude still has game.

Dont want him anyway. They made that very clear...
switch it up
BruinsCharlies liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 3:56 p.m.
Quoting: Silkysmooth42
Dont want him anyway. They made that very clear...
switch it up

Clear? Was that the pursuit of Pietrangelo and Ekamn-Larson?

🤔🤔🤔🤔 Seems to me the Bruins switched gears because they lost on both fronts. It's working out for them for sure, so far anyway.

The bigger point I think is that this is the Bruins last kick at the can - I would be surprised if Kreji is back. It's an aging forward corps. I say go for broke as this year is pretty wide open.

Maybe the Bruins prerogative to pass, I would think there are other teams that see value in moving a 2nd for that kind of defensive depth for the playoffs.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Banned

🤔🤔🤔🤔 Seems to me the Bruins switched gears because they lost on both fronts. It's working out for them for sure, so far anyway.

The bigger point I think is that this is the Bruins last kick at the can - I would be surprised if Kreji is back. It's an aging forward corps. I say go for broke as this year is pretty wide open.

Maybe the Bruins prerogative to pass, I would think there are other teams that see value in moving a 2nd for that kind of defensive depth for the playoffs.

"Seems to me the Bruins switched gears because they lost on both fronts. It's working out for them for sure, so far anyway" - literally all that needed to be said. My point exactly.
When they didnt get Pietro or Krug, they said crew it we are going young, they THEN let Chara walk and have rolled with a young defense that has been excellent (they lost those games early in the year cuz of a lack of 5on5 SCORING (not defense).

They are good!
BruinsCharlies and Propeller09 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.

Yes, it was clear and you are not looking at things as they happened.

They never really went for Pietrangelo or OEL or they would have had them. Especially OEL. Again - they had money to resign Krug and Chara, or sign a guy like AP. They chose to go younger. IF they decide LD is an issue, will trade for a guy who is younger and preferably under team control. (Chchrun, Hanafin).

They could have traded for OEL, but the contract/term doesn't work for them. In fact, they are one of two teams that could HE would have waived for.

Also - not sure why you think it's their last kick at the can. I have been hearing that since 2013. The core aged out and has been replaced with McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk, Pastrnak, Coyle, Debrusk & kase. Plus you add Bergeron and Marchand into that mix along with Rask and they are fine.

also - on the defensive end - Zboril, Lauzon & Vaakanainen could all become large parts of the core.

Studnicka, Frederic and Beecher are the next wave of centers coming through, they hope, like many other teams they have someone in the pipeline that can develop.

What you see is the Bruins running out of chances, and I see the Bruins were able to re-tool without taking a step back. They have 20m coming off the books (Rask, Krejci, Backes, + ) in an offseason that will see lots of movement because of Seattle. Rask and Krejci have both expressed their desire to stay in Boston, so I could see them both coming back on 1-2 year short money deals (5m/per)
BruinsCharlies liked this.
Jan. 28, 2021 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: Silkysmooth42
"Seems to me the Bruins switched gears because they lost on both fronts. It's working out for them for sure, so far anyway" - literally all that needed to be said. My point exactly.
When they didnt get Pietro or Krug, they said crew it we are going young, they THEN let Chara walk and have rolled with a young defense that has been excellent (they lost those games early in the year cuz of a lack of 5on5 SCORING (not defense).

They are good!

It's actually more than that. It wasn't that they lost out. They chose to. They could have signed Krug. He wanted to stay. They didn't really want Piertrangelo either. Not at 9m until he is almost 40. Nope. I want no part of that. This game is trending younger and younger and these weird seasons will take a toll on the guys in the mid 30's and later.

It was same with Tavares. He wasn't willing to fit in their structure.
Silkysmooth42 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll