SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 2)

Feb. 21, 2021 at 12:39 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsFan77
I love them. I am a huge fan of two color jerseys

I hate two colour jerseys, although I tolerate Detroit’s because of the history and because the colours aren’t ridiculous. And it just hurts so much when the Oilers home jersey is so great, and the even with the lighter blue shoulders it was good, and the blue jersey was a good jersey, and they decide to go with this abomination.

To me the Oilers third looks like those really weird ugly versions that teams sometimes sell, like the black or camo jerseys.
LeafsFan4Ever34 liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 1:01 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I hate two colour jerseys, although I tolerate Detroit’s because of the history and because the colours aren’t ridiculous. And it just hurts so much when the Oilers home jersey is so great, and the even with the lighter blue shoulders it was good, and the blue jersey was a good jersey, and they decide to go with this abomination.

To me the Oilers third looks like those really weird ugly versions that teams sometimes sell, like the black or camo jerseys.

Camo jerseys piss me off
Feb. 21, 2021 at 4:52 a.m.
Are we at the point where EDM is now the 2nd best team in the North. Tthey're 2nd in the standings, but 4th in P%. MTL is still solid, but they were way overachieving the first 3 weeks and have come back down to earth recently.
Wqrrior and TheFlamingC liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 4:55 a.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Calgary Flames
I just can’t handle watching this team anymore. Leafs fans, how did you do this for 53 f*cking years?

One loss at a time, lol.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 6:12 a.m.
So burn the sadly nice RR only reason we lose
Feb. 21, 2021 at 7:02 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Seriously it was painful to listen to Cuthbert yesterday.

He sucks big time, no emotion at all
Feb. 21, 2021 at 7:19 a.m.
Three takeaways from around the league: NHL

1. Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames

That flames goal in the first period was horrendous. Not like it changed the outcome of the game, but the referees botched that call so bad. League may need to reclassify goalie interference with three of these plays of late.

Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche

Outdoor games shouldn’t count for points with the ice conditions

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens

Nylander benching was a right call. Extremely talented and gifted, just lazy at times.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 9:08 a.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Man, these Montreal Canadiens reverse retros jerseys are horrendous

I actually like them lol
Feb. 21, 2021 at 9:09 a.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Toronto Maple Leafs

Zach Hyman is a freaking tank. I could’ve sworn he broke his foot

Freeze. Spray.

I was a little worried though because it was right where he got hit and missed the beginning of last season for.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 9:11 a.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Three takeaways from around the league: NHL

1. Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames

That flames goal in the first period was horrendous. Not like it changed the outcome of the game, but the referees botched that call so bad. League may need to reclassify goalie interference with three of these plays of late.

Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche

Outdoor games shouldn’t count for points with the ice conditions

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens

Nylander benching was a right call. Extremely talented and gifted, just lazy at times.

Nylander got benched?
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 9:23 a.m.
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Nylander got benched?

For the last 8 minutes of the 3rd.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I feel bad saying this; cause I truly enjoy winning and watching the boys get some W’s and goals.... but can the Sharks stop winning games 😬😬😬😬😬 lmfao (like I had a ton of fun with that rollercoaster blues game).

23rd in the NHL ain’t good enough for a high pick and we’re still almost last in our DIV - with more games played then a majority of the teams ahead of us lol. This blues series was the first series the sharks “won”: with 3 points collected to the blues 2... which still is not good at all - 16 games into the season.

@papishark @RawZuccSauce420 @jfrojelin maybe other Sharks fans will feel differently but I still don’t believe we’re “playoff” worthy/ ready.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
I feel bad saying this; cause I truly enjoy winning and watching the boys get some W’s and goals.... but can the Sharks stop winning games 😬😬😬😬😬 lmfao (like I had a ton of fun with that rollercoaster blues game).

23rd in the NHL ain’t good enough for a high pick and we’re still almost last in our DIV - with more games played then a majority of the teams ahead of us lol. This blues series was the first series the sharks “won”: with 3 points collected to the blues 2... which still is not good at all - 16 games into the season.

@papishark @RawZuccSauce420 @jfrojelin maybe other Sharks fans will feel differently but I still don’t believe we’re “playoff” worthy/ ready.

I think with how all over the place this draft is in terms of rankings, not getting a top pick wouldn't be all that detrimental to the Sharks.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I think with how all over the place this draft is in terms of rankings, not getting a top pick wouldn't be all that detrimental to the Sharks.

While I agree the draft is still up in the air (with rankings as you said) and also when it will be it’s not brutal - but I think there’s some great talent there and if the draft is pushed back to selecting in 2022; in my opinion is better for all teams and players. Each player will have more time played, more development, more time to prove if their a proven commodity pre nhl or if they are a fluke/ bust (also more time to not play pro which could be bad as well I guess). But I think it’ll be better to determine the true top end talents cause we don’t ever see an extra year of a draft class (I know not every player has been playing or gotten to play yet but still a lot of them have been playing).
Feb. 21, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Brian2016
Are we at the point where EDM is now the 2nd best team in the North. Tthey're 2nd in the standings, but 4th in P%. MTL is still solid, but they were way overachieving the first 3 weeks and have come back down to earth recently.

Our special teams have fallen off a cliff, and the team has struggled since the reverse retros debuted. As of now we’re clearly worse than the Leafs (although it could get closer if we stop allowing so many PP goals against) and we’re better than the other 4 teams we’ve played. Don’t know about Winnipeg, since we haven’t played them yet.
A_Habs_fan and Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 12:57 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Our special teams have fallen off a cliff, and the team has struggled since the reverse retros debuted. As of now we’re clearly worse than the Leafs (although it could get closer if we stop allowing so many PP goals against) and we’re better than the other 4 teams we’ve played. Don’t know about Winnipeg, since we haven’t played them yet.

The biggest problem for the Habs is that they haven’t played the Canucks in a while
Feb. 21, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
While I agree the draft is still up in the air (with rankings as you said) and also when it will be it’s not brutal - but I think there’s some great talent there and if the draft is pushed back to selecting in 2022; in my opinion is better for all teams and players. Each player will have more time played, more development, more time to prove if their a proven commodity pre nhl or if they are a fluke/ bust (also more time to not play pro which could be bad as well I guess). But I think it’ll be better to determine the true top end talents cause we don’t ever see an extra year of a draft class (I know not every player has been playing or gotten to play yet but still a lot of them have been playing).

I don't really agree with the draft being pushed back, though that seems the likely outcome. Regardless, I still think the difference in value between a top 3 pick and the 4-10 range has the potential to not be that huge.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
The biggest problem for the Habs is that they haven’t played the Canucks in a while

I feel like because the Canucks were a walk in the park we’ve been slacking
Feb. 21, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016

I think so... though I do think their goaltending will eventually balance it all out and they’ll drop to 3-4-5. I thought from the beginning of the year that they were 2 but their goaltending would hold them back significantly
Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
John Leonard Viewer

papishark RawZuccSauce420 jfrojelin maybe other Sharks fans will feel differently but I still don’t believe we’re “playoff” worthy/ ready.

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Yeah I think at this point unless we get one of the two Swedish wingers (LW is a huge need for our prospect pool) I'm fine getting any of the big 4 dmen. As sad as it is, we're likely only stringing a few wins away from a playoff spot given this awful division. Likely won't happen, 7/8our next games are against the big 3 teams in the division, that can deflate our record if we wanna tank. We were on par with a very injury riddled blues team... that means very little. We'll lose a lot soon IMO. Loving scouting tho it is so fun to be able to look at the top of the draft class this season.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Calgary Flames
I just can’t handle watching this team anymore. Leafs fans, how did you do this for 53 f*cking years?

I'm only 15 so I don't know either.
TheFlamingC liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
I'm only 15 so I don't know either.

I mean 15 years is a large enough sample size to understand the pain... our generation been through arguably the worst years of the 67.
Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69, AndrewLadd and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: leafs101
I mean 15 years is a large enough sample size to understand the pain... our generation been through arguably the worst years of the 67.

That's true.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Jack Hughes is electric today.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
Props to Travis Zajac today on his 1,000 career game - all with the Devils! Not the offensive threat he once was, but still excellent defensively in a shutdown role.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll