SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 2)

Feb. 21, 2021 at 4:19 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: jfrojelin
Yeah I think at this point unless we get one of the two Swedish wingers (LW is a huge need for our prospect pool) I'm fine getting any of the big 4 dmen. As sad as it is, we're likely only stringing a few wins away from a playoff spot given this awful division. Likely won't happen, 7/8our next games are against the big 3 teams in the division, that can deflate our record if we wanna tank. We were on par with a very injury riddled blues team... that means very little. We'll lose a lot soon IMO. Loving scouting tho it is so fun to be able to look at the top of the draft class this season.

I’m more into Beniers and Johnson (Beniers is def a C but Johnson could transition to wing I think) than Lysell (I think that’s who your referencing in part with someone else idk) and Guenther (a winger) would be nice (id love to see more Canadian draft choices. I’d like simon edvinsson the most as he’s a defensive d but I don’t wanna use a selection on him within the top 5 (but that’s where he’s projected). I’d love to use him rather than more OFD, but obviously Powers has everything (size, talent, plays in both ends) so he’s be the best choice out of them all.

And I agree, this next few series is gonna determine our position for TDL (seller or buyer) and I hope to god we are not buyers (I’d be fine with a playoff spot but I do not wanna lose assets).
Feb. 21, 2021 at 4:29 p.m.
John Leonard Viewer
Quoting: yikes
I’m more into Beniers and Johnson (Beniers is def a C but Johnson could transition to wing I think) than Lysell (I think that’s who your referencing in part with someone else idk) and Guenther (a winger) would be nice (id love to see more Canadian draft choices. I’d like simon edvinsson the most as he’s a defensive d but I don’t wanna use a selection on him within the top 5 (but that’s where he’s projected). I’d love to use him rather than more OFD, but obviously Powers has everything (size, talent, plays in both ends) so he’s be the best choice out of them all.

And I agree, this next few series is gonna determine our position for TDL (seller or buyer) and I hope to god we are not buyers (I’d be fine with a playoff spot but I do not wanna lose assets).

If we go D I'd want Clarke, has the most offensive upside and merks is our only RD prospect. Hughes is prolly the best in terms of potential (young bday, skating IQ). Eklund and Lysell are the two Swede boys I referred to. I just think we should try as hard as we can the next 8 games, and hey if we succeed let's give it a go, try to put the young guys in like Sasha and True and Blichy on the fly. If we suck then trade any of Nieto Sorensen Noesen Dubnyk Gambrell they likely have no future here given young depth for the future.
yikes liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: jfrojelin
If we go D I'd want Clarke, has the most offensive upside and merks is our only RD prospect. Hughes is prolly the best in terms of potential (young bday, skating IQ). Eklund and Lysell are the two Swede boys I referred to. I just think we should try as hard as we can the next 8 games, and hey if we succeed let's give it a go, try to put the young guys in like Sasha and True and Blichy on the fly. If we suck then trade any of Nieto Sorensen Noesen Dubnyk Gambrell they likely have no future here given young depth for the future.

I do think Nieto is a good depth player for the young guys to learn from cause I’m always praising Nieto; not really ever hating seeing him on. So I’d be fine if he stayed after the TDL but I’d think he could return a 3rd or even somehow a second but both are ambitious.

I’d like to see a full fledged “rotated”‘lineup soon.

Kane Couture Labanc (no real change)
Balcers Hertl Meier (liking how Balcers is performing)
Donato Chmelevski Leonard (I think this could be a fun line)
Blich Gregor Gambrell (some great speed to help Blich)

(Nieto Sorensen traded and Marleau would only be scratched after the record)

Ferraro Burns (been working)
Simek Karlsson (try something new, or Knyzhov)
Knyzhov (or Simek) Jaros (I really wanna seem him)

Vlasic thrown to the practice rink until he performs
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Feb. 21, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
I feel bad saying this; cause I truly enjoy winning and watching the boys get some W’s and goals.... but can the Sharks stop winning games 😬😬😬😬😬 lmfao (like I had a ton of fun with that rollercoaster blues game).

23rd in the NHL ain’t good enough for a high pick and we’re still almost last in our DIV - with more games played then a majority of the teams ahead of us lol. This blues series was the first series the sharks “won”: with 3 points collected to the blues 2... which still is not good at all - 16 games into the season.

other Sharks fans will feel differently but I still don’t believe we’re “playoff” worthy/ ready.

I don’t think it’s quite time to throw in the towel yet cause while I agree we’re not really contenders, nothing is outside the realm of possibilities. So I don’t think the tank phase is necessary right this instant. Could be soon though. But for now, I think we should let things play out a little bit more and re-evaluate. If we can get rid of a bad contract or two and/or trade a combination of Meier/Hertl etc. We might have an okay future in the long term, but if not it might be time to full-on rebuild.

My stance is that our future is largely contingent on the time leading up to next season, especially the expansion draft.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 7:04 a.m.
Man have we been looking bad, ever since the Canucks we’ve been looking like a worse team, we’re still undisciplined, goaltending is bailing us out on some games
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 8:44 a.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: Saskleaf
I'm only 15 so I don't know either.

Same

But I'm not 15
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.

If this is against Forum policy feel free to remove it but i felt like I had to share this. Panarin will most likely not play the Rangers next couple games while he likely tries to find a way to get his family out of there
Feb. 22, 2021 at 10:50 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

If this is against Forum policy feel free to remove it but i felt like I had to share this. Panarin will most likely not play the Rangers next couple games while he likely tries to find a way to get his family out of there

I'm pretty sure it's political talk, but yeah, I don't see Panarin returning anytime soon
Feb. 22, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I'm pretty sure it's political talk, but yeah, I don't see Panarin returning anytime soon

And of course I’d question the validity of this claim
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Oh sh*t. Really hope he can get everyone out and safe. And that’s really rough that he’s probably not going to be able to return to his home.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
And of course I’d question the validity of this claim

Well it’s definitely false.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:06 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Scary stuff going on w Panarin
A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15 and yikes liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Oh sh*t. Really hope he can get everyone out and safe. And that’s really rough that he’s probably not going to be able to return to his home.

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well it’s definitely false.

It is definitely false but it I’ll affect his family, he won’t be able to go to Russia and it will still affect his figure and how people see him. Also not that he cares but no more playing for Russia IIHF or Olympics wise
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:08 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
It is definitely false but it I’ll affect his family, he won’t be able to go to Russia and it will still affect his figure and how people see him. Also not that he cares but no more playing for Russia IIHF or Olympics wise

Is it possible legally that he gets his family out of there?
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Is it possible legally that he gets his family out of there?

Well, they aren’t the people under allegations but with Covid and Putin probably not
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
Toronto Maple Leafs

Hyman, Thornton both Day-to-day, unclear with what, and will not play tonight. Jake muzzin broke a bone in his face and will not play. Unclear how long his absence will be.

Ouch.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Well, they aren’t the people under allegations but with Covid and Putin probably not

Yikes
A_Habs_fan and yikes liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
torontos finest

Team is standing by Panarin. Don't think anyone with a rational view on Putin actually believes this story.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
What would you want in an Eichel trade. This forum supremely overrates him IMO. But what would you want in a trade

From The Flames? I mean I'm starting with Tkachuck that's the guy we would want and add alot from there because of the lack of him being a W vs a center. I'd love Matt, Sean, Noah? But I don't see cgy being a good option, not really enough depth and value to get something that would benefit both.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Toronto Maple Leafs

Hyman, Thornton both Day-to-day, unclear with what, and will not play tonight. Jake muzzin broke a bone in his face and will not play. Unclear how long his absence will be.

Ouch.

No penalty for the high-stick on Muzz

+ Hyman blocked another shot on the leg that went into the boards in 2018-19.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
I heff to be mad...

That was a decade ago. Whoever told on him is a snitch.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
That was a decade ago. Whoever told on him is a snitch.

You realize this is clearly a made up story just to try to attack Artemi for supporting someone other than Putin, right?
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
@TheFlamingC I will post trades for all teams sometime tonight on here, I don't even go on ACGM rn because it's so depressing and angering
MitchMarner_16 and TheFlamingC liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
@TheFlamingC I will post trades for all teams sometime tonight on here, I don't even go on ACGM rn because it's so depressing and angering

It’s really sad how bad ACGM is right now. Really nothing is neither fair nor realistic. Seems like it’s been overrun by 13yos....
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:42 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
It’s really sad how bad ACGM is right now. Really nothing is neither fair nor realistic. Seems like it’s been overrun by 13yos....

You ignore list them wink
A_Habs_fan and MitchMarner_16 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll