SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Recap of Deangelo incident my understanding

Jan. 31, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
After last night game Georgiev and Deangelo had a talk over the play that led to the Pens OT winner and Deangelo was having none of it and an altercation ensued. Kreider allegedly punched Tony in the face and also there are concern over Tony’s treatment of rookie K’Andre Miller which may also have played hand in Tony being waived.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 1:45 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
After last night game Georgiev and Deangelo had a talk over the play that led to the Pens OT winner and Deangelo was having none of it and an altercation ensued. Kreider allegedly punched Tony in the face and also there are concern over Tony’s treatment of rookie K’Andre Miller which may also have played hand in Tony being waived.

What do you mean, "treatment of K'Andre Miller"?
Feb. 1, 2021 at 3:59 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
What do you mean, "treatment of K'Andre Miller"?

we haven't had a lot of details about that one, but one story I did see is that apparently he collected up the puck from Miller's first goal and then just... didn't give it to him. The story has been 'officially' refuted but I suspect there's a grain of truth in there (like maybe he did eventually hand it over but not immediately and was a POS about it in the meantime, or something)
Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 4:35 a.m.
Quoting: etmuse
we haven't had a lot of details about that one, but one story I did see is that apparently he collected up the puck from Miller's first goal and then just... didn't give it to him. The story has been 'officially' refuted but I suspect there's a grain of truth in there (like maybe he did eventually hand it over but not immediately and was a POS about it in the meantime, or something)

I agree that's possible and maybe K'Andre's agent denied it to be a team player. Who knows. I have no delusions about who Tony D is (chronic immaturity being the least of his issues), but I can't imagine it went anywhere further than that. People wanna kick dirt on the guy, and I understand why. I just hope people look at the facts. But what a waste of talent. This kid has amazing natural ability. Too bad he threw it all away.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
Philly Sports Fan
Is DeAngelo fixable? Can the right coach/enviornment turn things around?
Feb. 1, 2021 at 1:58 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Munsen88

No. The guys rotten to the core. He’s shown his true self, especially back when he was on Twitter. Trying to convince these kinds of people to think any differently is futile at this point.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 3:45 p.m.

How many more chances does he need to be given?
Feb. 1, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.

dude cannot be touched. if anyone even begins to THINK about claiming him, they're screwing themselves for a long, long time.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 5:17 p.m.
Philly Sports Fan
ok. I don't know the whole saga. Very sad. Oh well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll