SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

Line Ideas sans Stamkos and Cirelli

Feb. 13, 2021 at 12:13 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Between those 2 being out, we lose our 2 best faceoff guys, so, whoever is called up from the AHL or Taxi Squad needs some faceoff ability. I don't think we'll be able to plug and play either Goodrow or Coleman at center since neither have great numbers in the faceoff circle. This leads me to think we're going to see Gemel Smith brought up from the taxi squad who's been in the 40-50% range his career.

Also, I'm going to assume we stick with 11/7 so that we keep giving Foote experience.

Now for some lines:
1) Idea 1
Palat-Point-Johnson
Killorn-Gourde-Joseph
Goodrow-Smith-Coleman
Maroon-Volkov

This was the top line that started the previous game before being broken up. Johnson hasn't been an effective 2RW, so, I doubt being 1RW changes anything.

2) Idea 2
Palat-Point-Joseph
Killorn-Johnson-Volkov
Goodrow-Goude-Coleman
Maroon-Smith

This puts a lot of responsibility on Joseph and Volkov to perform, but it could be worth a shot to give them a chance to shine in more offensive roles. Johnson goes back to being a center, and this keeps the Gourde line intact.

3) Idea 3
Gourde-Point-Palat
Killorn-Johnson-Joseph
Goodrow-Smith-Coleman
Maroon-Volkov

Gourde once upon a time looked like he could be a top line player, so, he might be the best option in a vacuum to put there. I think I'd prefer Palat to Gourde for playing on their off-side though, so, move Palat to RW.

4) Idea 4
Killorn-Point-Palat
Coleman-Johnson-Joseph
Goodrow-Gourde-Volkov
Maroon-Smith

I doubt Coleman see's the top line, but maybe move him up to the 2nd if Killorn gets moved up to the 1st.

5) Idea 5
Palat- Point-?
Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman
Killorn-Johnson-?
?-?

The idea is simply play the Gourde line a lot since it's the only one still intact.

777) Idea what happened to 6?
Palat-Point-Maroon
Killorn-Johnson-Joseph
Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman
Volkov-Smith

I believe Maroon played on McDavid's line when he was with Edmonton. Heck, why not?
Feb. 16, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Well one of your ideas was right. They played with idea 4 (mostly). Switch Volkov and Maroon

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll