SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Morgan Rielly

Feb. 17, 2021 at 10:53 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
I’m seeing a lot of hate lately to Morgan Rielly. That the leafs should trade him/not resign him. Am I missing something here? Night after night he plays big minutes and is a puck driving and moving force. He is not a defensive d man. But unless I am missing something I don’t think he is any worse in his own end than some other big names out there. To me he should be a leaf for life. Anyway just my two cents. Was hoping to get some feedback from other real leaf fans.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 17, 2021 at 10:54 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Read description please.
Feb. 17, 2021 at 10:58 p.m.
he's a good player but at times he makes such strange decisions, especially for a vet like him. he's never really been good defensively and since he's struggling offensively these past couple games, he's not really doing good in any aspect, hence all the hate. he'll get better soon hopefully, but he's out of form right now
Faulk_my_Dzingel and oneX liked this.
Feb. 17, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I don’t think he’s been very good this year. I think that’s what a lot of the hate is about. I don’t think he’s a number one on a contending team.
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Feb. 17, 2021 at 11:15 p.m.
Ceci and Barrie are off the team and holl has improved. Bogosian has played terrible lately but he brings grit. The blame must always go on someone and Reilly is the only defenseman leafs fans can blame every time they lose.

Holl fans on the shot and turns it over. Reilly stuck on a 2 v 1, he gets blamed for not covering the pass properly. Same thing every night. Some games it’s been his fault, but others someone’s just got to take the blame.
Faulk_my_Dzingel and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 17, 2021 at 11:29 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Reilly is very good on the PP. Leafs try to avoid him playing the PK. Even strength, he's just above average. Great when the Leafs have the puck, but poor when he has to play defensively.
The Leafs aren't going to trade him, and the Leafs are "going for it" this year and next. But I think he doesn't stay a Leaf when a UFA. Leafs may not have cap, some team will overpay because they are mesmerized by his offensive stats.
Feb. 20, 2021 at 10:34 p.m.
Please win the cup
Quoting: PrimeDatsyuk
he's a good player but at times he makes such strange decisions, especially for a vet like him. he's never really been good defensively and since he's struggling offensively these past couple games, he's not really doing good in any aspect, hence all the hate. he'll get better soon hopefully, but he's out of form right now

I don't even consider him a veteran of the league yet he's young (26), I would consider Tavares a vet (30). However his is a vet in the team, he's the longest standing leaf i think.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll