SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Best Alumni Team

Feb. 19, 2021 at 11:42 a.m.
With the success of Carter Verhaeghe in Florida and Marchessult in Vegas I got curious. Using only active players, who has to dress for at least one game. Which team has the best "alumni" team? And how would they fair in the NHL?
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
With the success of Carter Verhaeghe in Florida and Marchessult in Vegas I got curious. Using only active players, who has to dress for at least one game. Which team has the best "alumni" team? And how would they fair in the NHL?

Not Vegas is all i can say
Rangsey liked this.
Feb. 19, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Not Vegas is all i can say

Stastny and Schmidt vs the world.
Feb. 19, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
Stastny and Schmidt vs the world.

Tatar too
Feb. 24, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
I haven't done a deep dive, but off the top of my head...

Forwards: Boston (Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Wheeler, Kessel, Krejci, Reilly Smith, DeBrusk, Kase, Thornton)
Defense: Nashville (Josi, Weber, Suter, Jones, Ellis, Ekholm)
Goalies: Tampa Bay (Vasilevskiy, Bishop)
Feb. 24, 2021 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
I haven't done a deep dive, but off the top of my head...

Forwards: Boston (Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Wheeler, Kessel, Krejci, Reilly Smith, DeBrusk, Kase, Thornton)
Defense: Nashville (Josi, Weber, Suter, Jones, Ellis, Ekholm)
Goalies: Tampa Bay (Vasilevskiy, Bishop)

I've been working on a couple. I didn't make it clear but I was meaning players no longer with their team. So Bergeron Machand wouldn't count.
Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 1:10 p.m.
I mean Montreal might have a solid one with Sergachev, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Galchenyuk, Domi, Halak, Pateryn, Jordie Benn, Beaulieu, Dubnyk ( he never played a game for them, he played in the AHL but was a Hab technically nonetheless ), Hanley, Carr, Nesterov, De La Rose, Radulov, Andrew Shaw, Mike Reilly, Nic Deslauriers, Juulsen, Nate Thompson, Scandella, Cousins,
Rangsey liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 3:50 p.m.
I mean Montreal might have a solid one with Sergachev, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Galchenyuk, Domi, Halak, Pateryn, Jordie Benn, Beaulieu, Dubnyk ( he never played a game for them, he played in the AHL but was a Hab technically nonetheless ), Hanley, Carr, Nesterov, De La Rose, Radulov, Andrew Shaw, Mike Reilly, Nic Deslauriers, Juulsen, Nate Thompson, Scandella, Cousins,

Every team has a lot of former players on other rosters. All the ones you mentioned are middling talents at best right now, with the exception of Patches.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
Every team has a lot of former players on other rosters. All the ones you mentioned are middling talents at best right now, with the exception of Patches.

Halak has been great, Radulov too
Feb. 24, 2021 at 7:29 p.m.

Sergachev is terrible.
It's not a competition you wanna win.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 8:22 a.m.
Halak has been great, Radulov too

They're not elite level talents. "Middling" was probably a bad word choice to use to convey what I meant, but I mean that there's not really any star players there.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll