$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RW
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,600,000$5,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$0$0
LD
UFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
G
NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$915,000$915,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$4,000,000$4,000,000 ($2,925,000$3M$2,925,000$3M)
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$745,000$745,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 21, 2021 at 10:52 p.m.
Quoting: BStinson
I’m just analyzing your argument to move Mo. You’ve mentioned Mo not fitting our rebuild timeline, then does Larkin or Bert? I even said Larkin probably stays because position scarcity and being named captain. You then mentioned Mo not being able to drive a second line but neither does Bert as he’s a complimentary piece. This post gets down to why you’re singling out Mo which is what I was after, you think he holds more value than Bert and you’d be willing to move Bert if a decent chunk of futures were offered at a later time. I see the argument and would consider shipping out both Bert and Mo as I believe a top 6 winger can be replaced much easier than a bonafide top 6 center or top 4 defense. I also see the value in bringing in those quality veterans in competing for spots to not accept a culture of losing and hopefully fostering winning habits in our youth pipeline. There isn’t a cookie cutter template for winning the Stanley Cup except for creating the most complete and efficient team by any means necessary and I’m sorry if my questions came off smug as I didn’t mean them too but rather wanted to really understand your rationale.

Larkin I don’t see as a Stanley Cup contending 1C unless he was surrounded by extremely dynamic wingers (eg Panarin, Kuch, etc). I see him as a defensively responsible 2C that can bandaid 1C duties if injured. It’s one reason I’m hesitant on Berniers this year in that I see him as a Larkin clone (not a bad thing) vs a Kent Johnson who isn’t as polished but has a that elite 1C upside.

You’re fine man, always enjoy talking hockey with you and appreciate your points of view, didn’t think you were being smug.
I’m very concerned (have been since early last season) that Mantha’s career with Wings will continue to skate in circles, never hitting next level, continuing to be a very frustrating player not reaching potential, then completely diminish before we’re ever contending. He’s a Franzen clone (not a good thing). Franzen had his moments and was dominant at times, especially in the playoffs, but overall was incredibly frustrating player. I’m not a fan of players who don’t skate, win puck battles, or play defense/checking at consistent rates. When he’s not scoring, he’s adding little value to the team. Big guys get even slower at a higher rate as they age. Mantha’s skating won’t get better than it is now, and that’s a troubling scenario. Foot speed is everything in NHL. (Side note: I also think he came into this season heavier and out of shape, which is annoying, and he’s just recently getting back to being fit). There will be a point in time when people are looking at Mantha like they are looking at Neal now, and I don’t want the Wings to be sitting there holding their dick when that happens (for lack of better term). Jeff Carter could maybe be another example. Again, same thing happened to Franzen diminishing and being on albatross contract, even tho ppl will point to the concussions, that wasn’t the only factor. I think Yzerman knows it about big guys and is a big reason Mantha didn’t get anymore than 4 years. Will Mantha have some good to great seasons still before then?... yeah of course he will, especially if he’s in a better situation than Wings. I really think he’d be a great on Edmonton and a serious difference maker to win cup. But I also think he’s bound to drop off earlier than others and likely dramatically rather than gradual. Using an NFL analogy, it’s better to deal a player a year too early than a year too late. I’m terrified his trade value is going to keep trending down the older he gets and as teams around league become more and more familiar with the player he truly is vs perception being the power forward in his prime capable of 30 and 40 goals per year. The time to deal him is sooner than later. Yzerman is patient, he is calculated, it might take a while to find the right deal but I believe it will happen and I will be truly shocked if it doesn’t and Mantha plays out his full contact with the Wings. I understand it’s hard for Wings fans to grasp this vision because he’s currently good right now and dubbed our best player, so why get rid of our best player when we’re trying to get better. Like I say, it’s all about fielding the best possible team in 5 years and we’d be better with a 24 yr old Holloway and a 23yr old player picked with the 1st.

Yeah I like both Beniers and Johnson lots along with the LD prospects. I think the 2021 draft will give us great options at the top, lots of directions to go, can make a good case for a few players being the best, but nobody has truly separated themselves yet. It could really be a blessing if the draft is moved back an entire season after knowing our slot and the scouts continue scouting them thru their “draft plus 1 year” to see which of those kids separates themselves as the cream hopefully rises to top.
BStinson liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
Quoting: SweetRevenge19
You’re fine man, always enjoy talking hockey with you and appreciate your points of view, didn’t think you were being smug.
I’m very concerned (have been since early last season) that Mantha’s career with Wings will continue to skate in circles, never hitting next level, continuing to be a very frustrating player not reaching potential, then completely diminish before we’re ever contending. He’s a Franzen clone (not a good thing). Franzen had his moments and was dominant at times, especially in the playoffs, but overall was incredibly frustrating player. I’m not a fan of players who don’t skate, win puck battles, or play defense/checking at consistent rates. When he’s not scoring, he’s adding little value to the team. Big guys get even slower at a higher rate as they age. Mantha’s skating won’t get better than it is now, and that’s a troubling scenario. Foot speed is everything in NHL. (Side note: I also think he came into this season heavier and out of shape, which is annoying, and he’s just recently getting back to being fit). There will be a point in time when people are looking at Mantha like they are looking at Neal now, and I don’t want the Wings to be sitting there holding their dick when that happens (for lack of better term). Jeff Carter could maybe be another example. Again, same thing happened to Franzen diminishing and being on albatross contract, even tho ppl will point to the concussions, that wasn’t the only factor. I think Yzerman knows it about big guys and is a big reason Mantha didn’t get anymore than 4 years. Will Mantha have some good to great seasons still before then?... yeah of course he will, especially if he’s in a better situation than Wings. I really think he’d be a great on Edmonton and a serious difference maker to win cup. But I also think he’s bound to drop off earlier than others and likely dramatically rather than gradual. Using an NFL analogy, it’s better to deal a player a year too early than a year too late. I’m terrified his trade value is going to keep trending down the older he gets and as teams around league become more and more familiar with the player he truly is vs perception being the power forward in his prime capable of 30 and 40 goals per year. The time to deal him is sooner than later. Yzerman is patient, he is calculated, it might take a while to find the right deal but I believe it will happen and I will be truly shocked if it doesn’t and Mantha plays out his full contact with the Wings. I understand it’s hard for Wings fans to grasp this vision because he’s currently good right now and dubbed our best player, so why get rid of our best player when we’re trying to get better. Like I say, it’s all about fielding the best possible team in 5 years and we’d be better with a 24 yr old Holloway and a 23yr old player picked with the 1st.

Yeah I like both Beniers and Johnson lots along with the LD prospects. I think the 2021 draft will give us great options at the top, lots of directions to go, can make a good case for a few players being the best, but nobody has truly separated themselves yet. It could really be a blessing if the draft is moved back an entire season after knowing our slot and the scouts continue scouting them thru their “draft plus 1 year” to see which of those kids separates themselves as the cream hopefully rises to top.

That’s good, I try to be civil in my responses but sometimes people interpret them differently as some posters are more hostile/aggressive than others.

I can see the Mule comparisons with Mo and get why you’d be frustrated with him. That also makes sense why you like Holloway as I see a better skating Bertuzzi if we’re using Detroit stylistic comps. The contract length (4) was interesting in the press conference with Yzerman and Mantha as they pretty much said anywhere from 2-4 years and Yzerman preferred it not to be 3 because Larkin. I could be wrong on the year range as it’s been a few hectic months but I’m pretty sure that’s what they said.

Im torn on the draft being pushed back as there are pros and cons either way. I trust our FO to vet these guys out but wish some CHL guys had more games in and don’t want to rely on a prospect tourney. The downside is that you’re less likely to hit those “hidden gems” or whatever you want to call him with the two early second round picks (DET/NYR). I started watching the draft coverage actively around 2010-2011 so the fan in me thinks it would be amazing and extremely unique to have two drafts back to back. For instance, let’s say Detroit isn’t too high on the top of the 2021 draft they could potentially make trades in 2021 to maximize getting their guys in 2022 as they’d know the positions beforehand unless they do the draft during the season which would be odd.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll