Trades
BOS
  1. Ekholm, Mattias
  2. Forsberg, Filip
  3. Haula, Erik ($850,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Forsberg - 1st, Debrusk, Beecher

Eckholm - Vaakaninen, Gryzelcyk, Vladar, Moore

Haula is a throw in because even with Moore, I think that's ton allotted to Eckholm. I could be convinced Haula is worth more, but he was just traded and not resigned for less than 2m.
NSH
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Grzelcyk, Matt
  3. Moore, John
  4. Vaakanainen, Urho
  5. Vladar, Daniel
  6. 2022 1st round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
John Beecher
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$78,454,814$964,222$2,300,000$3,045,186
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
Taxi Squad
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
C, LW
UFA - 1
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
NSH is going to want picks and prospects for moving all those guys. Not just all the middle of the lineup pieces BOS needs to move to make the trade fit under the cap for them.

Bruins don't have the assets to make a deal like this.
villenash liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
Banned
not even close
villenash liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb
NSH is going to want picks and prospects for moving all those guys. Not just all the middle of the lineup pieces BOS needs to move to make the trade fit under the cap for them.

uhh...
Vaakaninen 1st rd pick 21 years old
Debrusk1st rd pick 24 years old
Beecher 1st rd pick 19 years old
Grzelcyk Top 4 D man under contract 27 years old
1st rd pick.
Vladar 23 year old solid goalie prospect.

It is literally all picks and prospects with the exception of a guy almost as good as Eckholm.
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: vr1995
not even close

how so, I gave you the breakdown.
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Banned

not even close

Quoting: Propeller09
uhh...
1st rd pick.

It is literally all picks and prospects with the exception of a guy almost as good as Eckholm.

Factually speaking, this is very even valuewise, its just a matter of what pieces the teams all want.
Given that the bruins have expressed that they are not moving on from their young dmen, I would 100% say that this part of the trade the bruins reject.
Its possible that the bruins are interested in the Forsberg part so thats worth exploring.
In saying that, if its true that the Pred would rather draft their own guys, its likely they reject as they (for some reasom) want picks instead of player, idk, you do you.

But yeah, neither team rejects on value, its fair both ways. Both teams (or just the bruins idk) reject on pieces
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.
uhh...

1st rd pick.

Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, Moore aren't prospects. They're middle of the lineup guys NSH would have no interest in, in a rebuild. NSH actually loses cap space in this trade, and now they're spending it on role players, not top of the lineup players like Forsberg and Ekholm. Vladar has no value to NSH. Vaakanainen and Beecher aren't good enough prospects to headline a Forsberg trade. Too much gristle, not enough meat for the Preds to sink their fangs in here.
villenash liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:44 p.m.
Banned

oh sorry you made a breakdown, trade must be fair then

Forsberg has this year and next year, that offer isnt even enough for a 1 year rental but to top it off he has another year left,

now while the ekhlom part MIGHT be enough, the forsberg trade is so off it doesnt matter about the ekholm part, they just drafted a goalie in the first round they dont care for a goalie prospect, moore sucks, so its vaak and grezlyck for ekholm so while that is better than the forsberg deal still nothing special at all
villenash liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
uhh...
1st rd pick.

NSH has Saros, Ingram, and Askarov so they have no need or want for Vladar -- he adds no value.

The whole point of an Ekholm trade would be to get prospects/picks, not another defenseman that will need expansion draft protection -- so Grz isn't the right piec for NSH.

Debrusk + Vaak are nice pieces, but if those are the big pieces in a Forsberg and Ekholm trade (and Haula retained too), then that's a really poor trade by Poile. I'm not that high on Beecher.

That 1st rounder will be a late one if this team is able to add players like Forsberg and Ekholm.

Ultimately, this just isn't enough and not the right pieces for NSH.

I think the basic structure of a trade for the NSH players you're targeting would be more in line with...
Forsberg --> 1st + 3rd + A prospect (could even consider another add, he'll be expensive)
Ekholm --> 1st + B prospect + C prospect
Haula retained, emphasis on retained --> 2nd -- otherwise, a 3rd.
vr1995 and gmgb liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: villenash
NSH has Saros, Ingram, and Askarov so they have no need or want for Vladar -- he adds no value.

The whole point of an Ekholm trade would be to get prospects/picks, not another defenseman that will need expansion draft protection -- so Grz isn't the right piec for NSH.

Debrusk + Vaak are nice pieces, but if those are the big pieces in a Forsberg and Ekholm trade (and Haula retained too), then that's a really poor trade by Poile. I'm not that high on Beecher.

That 1st rounder will be a late one if this team is able to add players like Forsberg and Ekholm.

Ultimately, this just isn't enough and not the right pieces for NSH.

I think the basic structure of a trade for the NSH players you're targeting would be more in line with...
Forsberg --> 1st + 3rd + A prospect (could even consider another add, he'll be expensive)
Ekholm --> 1st + B prospect + C prospect
Haula retained, emphasis on retained --> 2nd -- otherwise, a 3rd.

I'm not completely sold on DeBrusk. I have serious doubts he becomes a guy who can regularly hit 20 goals. And I think a 1st, 3rd & A prospect is a little low for Forsberg, depending on the definition of A prospect. For example, even though he's BOS's best one, I wouldn't have Studnicka in that category. If it's someone like Caufield or Robertson, then NSH starts seeing some value.

I agree with everything else in this post though.
villenash liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
I'm not completely sold on DeBrusk. I have serious doubts he becomes a guy who can regularly hit 20 goals. And I think a 1st, 3rd & A prospect is a little low for Forsberg, depending on the definition of A prospect. For example, even though he's BOS's best one, I wouldn't have Studnicka in that category. If it's someone like Caufield or Robertson, then NSH starts seeing some value.

I agree with everything else in this post though.

Yeah, really Debrusk and Vaak are n̶i̶c̶e̶ fine pieces. That was more my sentiment.

And I agree on the Forsberg part. Even as I was typing it, I thought it would actually be more expensive -- which I why I added the parentheses. But yeah, I don't consider Studnicka an A prospect even though some BOS fans probably do. There would have to be league consensus that this is a legit A prospect. Forsberg is NSH's best asset if they decide to trade him. He would bring a very nice haul for them. But I'd still probably rather just keep him and resign him in all honesty.
gmgb liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 3:35 p.m.
Yeah, really Debrusk and Vaak are n̶i̶c̶e̶ fine pieces. That was more my sentiment.

And I agree on the Forsberg part. Even as I was typing it, I thought it would actually be more expensive -- which I why I added the parentheses. But yeah, I don't consider Studnicka an A prospect even though some BOS fans probably do. There would have to be league consensus that this is a legit A prospect. Forsberg is NSH's best asset if they decide to trade him. He would bring a very nice haul for them. But I'd still probably rather just keep him and resign him in all honesty.

oh sorry you made a breakdown, trade must be fair then

Forsberg has this year and next year, that offer isnt even enough for a 1 year rental but to top it off he has another year left,

now while the ekhlom part MIGHT be enough, the forsberg trade is so off it doesnt matter about the ekholm part, they just drafted a goalie in the first round they dont care for a goalie prospect, moore sucks, so its vaak and grezlyck for ekholm so while that is better than the forsberg deal still nothing special at all

I am not sure your assessments on the Bruins players are fair. Grzelcyk and or Debrusk could easily be moved for a 1st +. If you really did have no interest in having NHL players on your roster.

The other part is whoever trades for either will be a serious contender, so the picks will be late no matter what.

I see what you are saying, but you are looking with a ton of tunnel vision. The hope here would be to stay competitive while re-tooling. What you don't want is Josi, Fabbro, Arvidsson asking for trades because they are surrounded by Rocco Grimaldi, Sean Malone and a bunch of Futures.

Haula isn't good. We are talking about 800K retention. The Bruins have a ton of space. Moore doesn't need to be a part either. I think you will be shocked for what guys go for.

Grzelcyk is far better than you are giving him credit for.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 3:54 p.m.
Banned
I am not sure your assessments on the Bruins players are fair. Grzelcyk and or Debrusk could easily be moved for a 1st +. If you really did have no interest in having NHL players on your roster.

The other part is whoever trades for either will be a serious contender, so the picks will be late no matter what.

I see what you are saying, but you are looking with a ton of tunnel vision. The hope here would be to stay competitive while re-tooling. What you don't want is Josi, Fabbro, Arvidsson asking for trades because they are surrounded by Rocco Grimaldi, Sean Malone and a bunch of Futures.

Haula isn't good. We are talking about 800K retention. The Bruins have a ton of space. Moore doesn't need to be a part either. I think you will be shocked for what guys go for.

1st +!? in what world? LOL
villenash liked this.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 3:55 p.m.

If Debrusk, who is only 2 years younger that Forsberg and significantly worse (not saying he is bad, but he is definitely a step down from Forsberg), is the best piece in a Forsberg trade then that would be an immense disappointment.

You mention tunnel vision, but Forsberg and Ekholm are significantly better than any piece BOS is giving up in this deal -- so the only tunnel vision I can see here is the overvaluing of pieces being offered by BOS.

And Grz holds no value in this deal because NSH won't trade Ekholm for another defenseman that needs expansion draft protection, with few exceptions -- Grz not being one of them.

If Forsberg and/or Ekholm hit the block, then there will be significantly better offers than this deal.

BOS just doesn't have the pieces to swing both Ekholm + Forsberg.

-- as for the Haula retention -- NSH will probably retain on 3 contracts prior to the deadline if they truly sell off. Haula will not be one of them considering it is small already. So if you want that one retained, you would have to pay more.
Feb. 22, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
uhh...
1st rd pick.

Uhh... John Moore was a first round pick ... lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll