SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Tankathon Simulation part 13

Tankathon Simulation part 13

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Detroit Red Wings: I think the Red Wings take either Johnson or Beniers. I think Beniers has the higher ceiling so the Red Wings will go with him. Being one of the younger players in the draft, Beniers excelled in the World Juniors, making his draft rankings rise significantly. He currently has potential to be the No. 2 center behind Larkin. First overall is wide open this year, but Power is the front-runner. I think the Red Wings pass on him because they are playing better defensively than offensively.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedColumbus Blue Jackets: This is where Johnson will go. With this pick, the Blue Jackets immediately get their Dubois replacement. Johnson is the most creative player in the draft and could increase Laine’s goal production in 2-3 seasons.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Vancouver Canucks: This is a must-grab for the Canucks. Why not have two of three of the Hughes brothers play on the same team?
4Logo of the Boston Bruins-Ottawa Senators: I think the Senators go with a defenseman or Wallstedt. It would be a reach to get Wallstedt at this point. So they will go with a defenseman. The Senators could draft Power, but they have Sanderson and Chabot on the left-side. So instead they draft Clarke, who is a steal at 4. Currently projected to go in the top 3, Clarke plays an offensive style game and is very mobile with the puck.
5Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Seattle Kraken: I expect the Kraken to take the best player available, regardless of position. This is a steal at 5, because Power is the current front-runner for first overall. Out of all the top-end defenseman available (Chayka, Power, Clarke, Hughes, Lambos, Edvinsson, and Coulemans), Power is the biggest at 6’6’’.
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-Buffalo Sabres: I believe that the Sabres need secondary scoring behind Eichel and Hall. They have Skinner who hasn’t produced well the past two seasons. Though Eklund’s size isn’t appealing, he can score goals in many different areas and is very mobile with the puck. He plays best in the dirty areas of the ice, similar to Jonathan Huberdeau.
7Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Nashville Predators: The Predators scoring issues from last season are getting worse this season. Guenther is a must-grab, considering he is the best goal-scorer in the draft.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks also have scoring issues. In 2019, they scored the least amount of goals in the NHL. Lucius has one of the best shots in the draft, and he and Zegras would be dangerous against the opposition.
9Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-New York Rangers: I think the Rangers take a left-shot defenseman or a center. They are currently led by their offense core and have a young goalie in Shesterkin. So I think they lean on a defenseman. Preferably left-shot because they have Fox, Trouba, and Schneider on the right side. Miller is a good left-shot defenseman, but his potential isn’t as big as Edvinsson’s. I could see them taking Lambos or Chayka, but Edvinsson has the highest ceiling.
10Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-San Jose Sharks: I think the Sharks take a winger. They have a decent center prospect in Bordeleau and a top-end defensive prospect in Merkley. Lysell is the best winger available. He can score from mostly the blue line and is a very smooth skater.
11Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Forfeited Pick
Arizona Coyotes
12Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Calgary Flames: With the rumors surrounding Monahan, the Flames should take a center to replace him. Raty is the best available.
13Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Dallas Stars: I think the Stars need star power up front. McTavish is a goal-scorer and can play in a top-six role for the Stars. I don’t think the Stars will draft a defenseman, they have one of the best in the NHL. Goaltending they shouldn’t take because they have depth at the position.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-New Jersey Devils: The Devils have gone forward-heavy the past few drafts and should take a defenseman. They take Coulemans, who can round out the right side of their defensive core. Most of their defenseman play on the left-side.
15Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Los Angeles Kings: Los Angeles Kings: I think the Kings should take a left-shot defenseman. Lambos could be the pick here, but Chayka has better poise, meaning that he can play in high-pressure situations better. I feel like poise is more important than anything.
16Logo of the Minnesota Wild-New York Islanders: I think the Islanders need star power in their bottom-six. Sillinger provides a lot of star power with his lethal shot, but can play in a top-nine role. The future second-line center behind Barzal. Sillinger is a two-way forward, but his best asset is his shooting.
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Minnesota Wild: Even though the Wild are a great defensive team, they could use a defenseman to replace Suter. Lambos can be that guy. This is also a steal as he is a projected top 10 pick. Lambos plays a great two-way game, he can score from long distance and up close. He is also good at beating defenders during offensive rushes.
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-Minnesota Wild (via Pittsburgh Penguins): Wallstedt is probably the best player available at this point. With this pick, the Wild immediately get their future starter. Kahkonen is a good young goalie, but his potential isn’t as big as Wallstedt’s.
19Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
20Logo of the New York Islanders-
21Logo of the New York Rangers-
22Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
25Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
29Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-
32Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.
Dirty_dangles_37
can you do the next one stanley cup rankings like stats
Feb. 23, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
No way wallstedt falls that low there are so many teams that need a goalie and with this not being a great draft class someone will use their pick for a franchise goalie
Z0ra liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 10:29 a.m.
I think Vancouver will get Clarke if hes avalible to them since they need a right shot defencmen.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
Evans truther
Edited Feb. 25, 2021 at 11:08 a.m.
Quoting: Igoat_Shesterkin
No way wallstedt falls that low there are so many teams that need a goalie and with this not being a great draft class someone will use their pick for a franchise goalie

His stats in the SHL are indeed quite impressive and to double down with your point of view, the teams are always running for goalies earlier than all mock drafts usually predicts. Likely teams to take a flyer on him could be LA, Calgary, maybe Anaheim but at 8 that starts being a little high? and maybe Seattle if they fall to 6? Other than those likely only two teams I don't see others dipping in the goalie market, SJ and NJ are in need of a lot of things so I'd go BPA before goaltender and other teams already have a great prospect or a young promising starter (Oettinger, Shersterkin, Sokorin among others). In the end I could see him sneak up to Calgary at 12 but not much higher than that.
Z0ra liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll