SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Did I miss smtg - Is the league using IIHF rules all of a sudden

Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:23 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
Maybe it's just ur wording that I don't agree with... Because he is *facing* the play if you look at it. However, he is not square to the play whatsoever no.

yeah thats kind of the thing, murray helps his cause by completing the spin and looking away from the puck, but being able to look at the play and facing the play are 2 different things. easier to move your head to than your body. Him doing the full spin pretty much forced him to look away from the play though which is where I think most of the controvery lies. IDK again could've gone either way, thats hockey
BigBadBurke liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:23 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Shanesaw9
Gallagher interfered with Murray, he turned him ~90 deg and that was about it. Murray then chose to spin the other 270 deg on his own, couldn't find the puck because he was busy doing a cool spin for fun and then just gave up.

In the meantime, Gallagher got knocked over, and ottaw player fell on top of him, he continued to battle stood up and deflected the puck in the net.

If Gallagher can reset with all of that going on, then obviously Murray could have reset.

The ruling is obviously flawed and the NHL is sending the wrong message - players should be expected to compete at all times during play, not give up and try to milk calls.

I think what I'm just trying to say to these guys is that goalies are a bunch of mr.softees. Gallagher literally has all that done to him yet he manages to get up after all of it and "resets" as the refs call it and still tips the puck in (probably because murray was sooo damn dizzy from his merry go round) rofl
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:25 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Byrr
Now you are just using semantics. Gallagher spun him away from the play. You are trying to sugar coat it but thats the bottom line.

It's not semantics and sugar coating whatsoever. It is entirely and unequivocally what happened. If you chose to see and say otherwise, you're just lying to yourself for god knows what reason.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:26 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Borocop
yeah thats kind of the thing, murray helps his cause by completing the spin and looking away from the puck, but being able to look at the play and facing the play are 2 different things. easier to move your head to than your body. Him doing the full spin pretty much forced him to look away from the play though which is where I think most of the controvery lies. IDK again could've gone either way, thats hockey

Indeed, i'll give him that tho, it was a clever play all around by him. Pun intended : P heh heh
Borocop liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:28 a.m.
It's not semantics and sugar coating whatsoever. It is entirely and unequivocally what happened. If you chose to see and say otherwise, you're just lying to yourself for god knows what reason.

Murray was spun to the left boards. The puck was at the right point. Murray was spun away from the play, by a Montreal player, to the point he couldnt keep an eye on the puck. Those are the objective, im not a fan of either of these teams, unarguable facts. If you want to see something else, you are the one lying to yourself and it should be obvious to you, its because youre a habs fan.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:30 a.m.
Habs 2010
@TheGHANDI90 just ignore those guys.

You are arguing with leafs and sens fans who are posting in the MTL forum because they just want to troll.

The funniest thing I've seen so far is Yahoo's fantasy hockey write up for Weber's profile:

"Montreal seemed to have won the game on a Brendan Gallagher goal with under three seconds remaining, but it was overturned after review. The decision was terrible and it ended up costing the Canadiens a point."

Lol even yahoo fantasy hockey straight up calling it like it is.

Even's Murray's profile says: "Questionable at best".
BigBadBurke liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:31 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Murray was spun to the left boards. The puck was at the right point. Murray was spun away from the play, by a Montreal player, to the point he couldnt keep an eye on the puck. Those are the objective, im not a fan of either of these teams, unarguable facts. If you want to see something else, you are the one lying to yourself and it should be obvious to you, its because youre a habs fan.

Few things that are wrong with what you just said;

1. spun to the left boards, no. Turned to the left boards, yes.
2. cldnt keep an eye on the puck? no. He had his head turned over his right shoulder the whole time and didn't let his eyes leave the puck until he executed his full spin.
3. hows that for semantics ; )
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:32 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Shanesaw9
@TheGHANDI90 just ignore those guys.

You are arguing with leafs and sens fans who are posting in the MTL forum because they just want to troll.

The funniest thing I've seen so far is Yahoo's fantasy hockey write up for Weber's profile:

"Montreal seemed to have won the game on a Brendan Gallagher goal with under three seconds remaining, but it was overturned after review. The decision was terrible and it ended up costing the Canadiens a point."

Lol even yahoo fantasy hockey straight up calling it like it is.

Even's Murray's profile says: "Questionable at best".

Can't trust yahoo writers, they must be Habs fans..! lmfao
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Habs 2010
I think what I'm just trying to say to these guys is that goalies are a bunch of mr.softees. Gallagher literally has all that done to him yet he manages to get up after all of it and "resets" as the refs call it and still tips the puck in (probably because murray was sooo damn dizzy from his merry go round) rofl

Yeah in this context it embarrasses the league. Look at the length players have to go through to stay in the play and Murray just didn't feel like playing anymore because Gallagher turned his body.
BigBadBurke liked this.
Few things that are wrong with what you just said;

1. spun to the left boards, no. Turned to the left boards, yes.

1) Semantics.

Quote:
2. cldnt keep an eye on the puck? no. He had his head turned over his right shoulder the whole time and didn't let his eyes leave the puck until he executed his full spin.

2) You must have never worn a goalie mask if you think you can keep an eye on a puck thats over your shoulder.

Quote:

Its the textbook definition of it.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:36 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
1) Semantics.

Quote:

2) You must have never worn a goalie mask if you think you can keep an eye on a puck thats over your shoulder.

Quote:

Its the textbook definition of it.

I was actually a goalie for 12 years (age 8-20) for Lakeshore Hockey in the West Island. I have the 2,000$ pads and 500$ helmet and 350$ gloves and 250$ chest protector/pants to prove it...

and ALSO, I am the farthest thing from a habs fan. My favourite team are the Canadiens because I live in MTL. But I have been rooting for them to lose every game since 2015. I want nothing more than a full rebuild from this sorry ass franchise. It's about damn time if you ask me.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:41 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Saying it doesn't make it true. If you think you can see over your shoulder in a goalie mask, you don't own those pads and are full of ****. Granted, given your statements here its pretty clear already you are full of ****.

'I am far from a habs fan. my favourite team are the habs.'

Lol alright buddy that's where this "debate" ends. You don't believe that I played goalie, fine. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over, again, LITERAL facts. Good luck trolling somewhere else (Y)
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:43 a.m.
Lol alright buddy that's where this "debate" ends. You don't believe that I played goalie, fine. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over, again, LITERAL facts. Good luck trolling somewhere else (Y)

The 'literal facts' are that Murray was spun, or turned as you want to put it, it makes no difference, away from the play. Its been shown that is fact when you were unable to debate it and just tried to argue a distinction between 'spun' and 'turned'. Nothing you've been able to show here are 'literal fact'.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 6:26 a.m.
That goal was absolutely a good goal, I’m struggling to see anything to disallow it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll