SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Did I miss smtg - Is the league using IIHF rules all of a sudden

Feb. 23, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Matt Murray: literally standing up and facing the shooter
🤡 Refs: but he didn't have time to reset

Soooo how long does it take for a goalie to properly reset then?
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
When you spin him around and break his line of sight to the puck, long enough for him to find it again.
leafs101 and Borocop liked this.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 10:13 p.m.
It was legit. Dude spun him around in his crease and he had barely stood up before the puck went in.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Byrr
When you spin him around and break his line of sight to the puck, long enough for him to find it again.

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
It was legit. Dude spun him around in his crease and he had barely stood up before the puck went in.

Granted he was spun around by gallaghers skate, but 1. gallagher didn't skate in there on his own accord so that's incidental contact; and 2. murray had more than enough time to reset, as chariot's shot hadn't even been released yet and Murray was standing up looking forward toward the blue line...

Anywho it should have never been gotten to that point, they deserved to lose long before that goal was disallowed.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
Granted he was spun around by gallaghers skate, but 1. gallagher didn't skate in there on his own accord so that's incidental contact; and 2. murray had more than enough time to reset, as chariot's shot hadn't even been released yet and Murray was standing up looking forward toward the blue line...

That would be your opinion, the refs opinions were different and they were the ones that matter.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
That would be your opinion, the refs opinions were different and they were the ones that matter.

Good thing refs never make mistakes then right? haha
Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:43 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

@Byrr @leafs101 @Borocop just watched the replay again on insta and boy are you all very wrong... I didn't even realize gallagher got sat on by colin white after getting knocked down by zaitsev. How is it that HE had time to get up and tip the shot in but murray, who decided to do a 360 spin o rama, did not? lol
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:50 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
@Byrr @leafs10 just watched the replay again on insta and boy are you all very wrong... I didn't even realize gallagher got sat on by colin white after getting knocked down by zaitsev. How is it that HE had time to get up and tip the shot in but murray, who decided to do a 360 spin o rama, did not? lol

not saying its the right call but thats the way of road, theres been worse. reverse the roles and youd be telling me thats goalie interference
BigBadBurke liked this.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:52 p.m.
@Byrr @leafs101 @Borocop just watched the replay again on insta and boy are you all very wrong... I didn't even realize gallagher got sat on by colin white after getting knocked down by zaitsev. How is it that HE had time to get up and tip the shot in but murray, who decided to do a 360 spin o rama, did not? lol

Gallagher didn't have his own fat ass in the way. When you spin the goalie around, breaking his line of sight, he needs to have the chance to reset including finding the puck which if you watch the replay, Murray clearly was not able to.
Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:56 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Edited Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:03 a.m.
Quoting: Borocop

not saying its the right call but thats the way of road, theres been worse. reverse the roles and youd be telling me thats goalie interference

Oh of course, if the ottawa player bumps Price without being pushed/boxed into him. But Gallagher didn't touch Murray because he wanted to Zaitsev forced him there, but i get both urs and arpons points for sure
Feb. 23, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Gallagher didn't have his own fat ass in the way. When you spin the goalie around, breaking his line of sight, he needs to have the chance to reset including finding the puck which if you watch the replay, Murray clearly was not able to.

The thing is, he DIDN'T spin the goalie around. Watch the replay again. Gallaghers foot hits murrays right leg and it turns him to face his left. MURRAY then decides on his own accord to do a full spin to his left so that he's now facing out towards the blue line.

Anywho like I said, they deserved to lose, just funny that the refs fk up such a terrible call after like the shortest review this whole season.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:02 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
of course, if the ottawa player bumps price without being pushed/boxed into him. Gallagher didn't touch murray because he wanted to zaitsev forced him there, but i get both urs and aprons points for sure

yeah it couldve gone either way tbh, if they called it a goal i wouldnt have been too upset about it but i get the logic in calling it no goal. Murray had time to reset yeah but if he resets 3 feet out of position because he cant find the puck after the spin (which is what it kind of looked like) is that much better? Gallagher definitely spun him and even if he just went back the way he spun he was still facing away from the puck at one point
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:04 a.m.
The thing is, he DIDN'T spin the goalie around. Watch the replay again. Gallaghers foot hits murrays right leg and it turns him to face his left. MURRAY then decides on his own accord to do a full spin to his left so that he's now facing out towards the blue line.

Anywho like I said, they deserved to lose, just funny that the refs fk up such a terrible call after like the shortest review this whole season.

So the argument you want to go with is he didn't spin him around, he only spun him 90 degrees?
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:05 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
yeah it couldve gone either way tbh, if they called it a goal i wouldnt have been too upset about it but i get the logic in calling it no goal. Murray had time to reset yeah but if he resets 3 feet out of position because he cant find the puck after the spin (which is what it kind of looked like) is that much better? Gallagher definitely spun him and even if he just went back the way he spun he was still facing away from the puck at one point

The best thing about this is that during the live review of the play, Gord Miller was like "well it's tough, that one could go either way" and then just now on twitter he's saying gallagher was in the wrong for his interview after the game lol
Borocop liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:05 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
So the argument you want to go with is he didn't spin him around, he only spun him 90 degrees?

It's not an argument, that's literally fact. How are you trying to refute that point haha
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:08 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
It's not an argument, that's literally fact. How are you trying to refute that point haha

murray pretty much got spun 180 degrees, maybe not a full 180 but he was mostly facing away from the puck before he pushed off to complete the spin
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:13 a.m.

Do I even need to refute it? He spun him and broke his line of sight, you arn't even debating it.
PittsburghModelMyAss
murray pretty much got spun 180 degrees, maybe not a full 180 but he was mostly facing away from the puck before he pushed off to complete the spin

180 is a stretch as his chest was not facing his own net it was more like facing the left boards
PittsburghModelMyAss
Do I even need to refute it? He spun him and broke his line of sight, you arn't even debating it.

Because I'm looking at the play objectively, while youre just trying to prove to me that your "right" -___-
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:14 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
180 is a stretch as his chest was not facing his own net it was more like facing the left boards

either way not facing the play at all
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:15 a.m.
Because I'm looking at the play objectively, while youre just trying to prove to me that your "right" -___-

Your objective look at the play doesn't dispute what I've been saying. You are saying I'm right, not me trying to prove that I am.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:16 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
either way not facing the play at all

Maybe it's just ur wording that I don't agree with... Because he is *facing* the play if you look at it. However, he is not square to the play whatsoever no.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Your objective look at the play doesn't dispute what I've been saying. You are saying I'm right, not me trying to prove that I am.

Sooo then why are you still going on and on? lmao but no you are saying he got spun around I'm saying gallagher's foot nudged him sideways to murrays left and then murray chooses to use 3 pushes with his right foot to execute a complete spin all the way back around to face the shooter. So technically you are neither right nor am I wrong : ) haha
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
Habs 2010
Gallagher interfered with Murray, he turned him ~90 deg and that was about it. Murray then chose to spin the other 270 deg on his own, couldn't find the puck because he was busy doing a cool spin for fun and then just gave up.

In the meantime, Gallagher got knocked over, and ottaw player fell on top of him, he continued to battle stood up and deflected the puck in the net.

If Gallagher can reset with all of that going on, then obviously Murray could have reset.

The ruling is obviously flawed and the NHL is sending the wrong message - players should be expected to compete at all times during play, not give up and try to milk calls.
BigBadBurke and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 12:21 a.m.
Sooo then why are you still going on and on? lmao but no you are saying he got spun around I'm saying gallagher's foot nudged him sideways to murrays left and then murray chooses to use 3 pushes with his right foot to execute a complete spin all the way back around to face the shooter. So technically you are neither right nor am I wrong : ) haha

Now you are just using semantics. Gallagher spun him away from the play. You are trying to sugar coat it but thats the bottom line.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll