SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Are the habs or jets better.

Who is better
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 24, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Go leafs go
At this point, it's not really debatable: the leafs are the best team in Canada.
So, who is the second best team? Is it Montreal, or is it Winnipeg?
Both teams are good right now. They each have their own strengths:
Winnipeg has better goaltending
Mtl has a better defence
Winnipeg has better star power
Mtl has better depth
Which is the better team?
I don't know at this point. I want to say Winnipeg, because they are my second favourite team, but I don't know if that's true. I'd have to say so far this season Mtl>Winnipeg. But they've essentually played the whole season without Laine/PLD, so I think in the end Winnipeg will be better. Please let me know which one is better, or if you think Calgary or Edmonton is actually Canada's second best team, or if you think Toronto isn't Canada's best team.
SadSensFan14 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 2:23 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Why don’t we just wait for 4 days until they’ve played each other twice, and then make our judgement?
Saskleaf, Rangsey, SadSensFan14 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Why don’t we just wait for 4 days until they’ve played each other twice, and then make our judgement?

Sure. We haven't really seen PLD in a jets jersey yet so ya, we kind of have to wait until they play each other.
Kotkaniemi15 and SadSensFan14 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 2:37 p.m.
Can’t tell they haven’t played each other but in recent games Winnipeg has looked better. On paper they look about equal too
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 4:17 p.m.
sen krak fan
Quoting: Saskleaf
At this point, it's not really debatable: the leafs are the best team in Canada.
So, who is the second best team? Is it Montreal, or is it Winnipeg?
Both teams are good right now. They each have their own strengths:
Winnipeg has better goaltending
Mtl has a better defence
Winnipeg has better star power
Mtl has better depth
Which is the better team?
I don't know at this point. I want to say Winnipeg, because they are my second favourite team, but I don't know if that's true. I'd have to say so far this season Mtl>Winnipeg. But they've essentually played the whole season without Laine/PLD, so I think in the end Winnipeg will be better. Please let me know which one is better, or if you think Calgary or Edmonton is actually Canada's second best team, or if you think Toronto isn't Canada's best team.

Winnipeg is the 2nd best team.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
WPG/EDM is the 2nd/3rd best teams.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 9:44 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Brian2016
WPG/EDM is the 2nd/3rd best teams.

Winnipeg is the second best team, that much is clear now. But is Edmonton 3rd? I still would disagree. Montreal is going to rebound, I'm nearly sure of that.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:35 a.m.
Winnipeg is the second best team, that much is clear now. But is Edmonton 3rd? I still would disagree. Montreal is going to rebound, I'm nearly sure of that.

I will concede that WPG is #2, but EDM is the hottest team in the league and they're winning with defense - something I never thought we'd see - and solid goaltending. MTL's defense has been inconsistent all season and I have serious concerns about Price. I still believe he's capable of elite play, but he's gonna need to find his game at some point for the Habs to be a serious contender.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Brian2016
I will concede that WPG is #2, but EDM is the hottest team in the league and they're winning with defense - something I never thought we'd see - and solid goaltending. MTL's defense has been inconsistent all season and I have serious concerns about Price. I still believe he's capable of elite play, but he's gonna need to find his game at some point for the Habs to be a serious contender.

Ya, I think at this point it's a toss up between Montreal and Edmonton for number 3. Funny how that is. At the beginning of the season, people thought the habs were better than the leafs.
Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
Ya, I think at this point it's a toss up between Montreal and Edmonton for number 3. Funny how that is. At the beginning of the season, people thought the habs were better than the leafs.

I thought Leafs 1, Habs 2, Flames 3, Edmonton/Winnipeg 4-5 so I was wrong on Calgary but we’ll have to wait and see for Montreal
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 28, 2021 at 12:42 a.m.
I don't think tonight's game is gonna change many minds. MTL was dominant for most of the game, but WPG found a way to grind out a big W. Still too close to call, imo.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2021 at 6:33 a.m.
I’d say too close to call, the first Winnipeg-Habs game, Montreal did well in the first and then crumbled a bit but first game with new coach and then we did really well against the jets in our second game.
Feb. 28, 2021 at 8:49 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I thought Leafs 1, Habs 2, Flames 3, Edmonton/Winnipeg 4-5 so I was wrong on Calgary but we’ll have to wait and see for Montreal

I originally thought
Leafs
Flames
Oilers
Habs
Jets
Canucks
Senators

The only thing I've gotten wrong so far is the flames, and the jets. More than happy to be wrong about the jets, they are my second favourite team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit