SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Laval Rockets game 6

Feb. 24, 2021 at 9:35 p.m.
Habs4ever
Edited Feb. 24, 2021 at 10:02 p.m.
Nobody appears to read the forums. So here is game #6 of the Laval Rocket.

Although the Rockets lost they dominated 80% of this game. Laval have some good d-men. Guhle, Schueneman, Fairbrother and Leskinen all played a solid game. Although I am not a fan of Ouellet he did play a better game than previous ones. Ylonen was not as noticeable but scored a big goal and played better in the 3rd. Poehling shows flashes. Some shifts he dominates, others he disappears. Yannick Veilleux is a Mack truck, boy does he hit.

Coming back to the D. Guhle reads play really well, jumps in rush, plays well on PK, has an active stick. He will 100% play in the NHL. Fairbrother is more under the radar but he does so many little things well. Angles well, shifts shooting lanes, smart player. Schueneman has good foot work, pivots well, jumps into play. All three of these D, can play.

A good game by Laval, which they should have won but sometimes you run into a hot goalie. This is two games the Moose goalie steals points for his team.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 9:41 p.m.
should the habs call up guhle sometime down the road?
Feb. 24, 2021 at 9:46 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
should the habs call up guhle sometime down the road?

Good question. He just turned 19 a month ago, so he still need to put muscle on his frame, but I think by 2022-2023 season he is in the Habs line up. Soon he has to leave to go back to WHL as their league will begin shortly. After this season he can play two more years in the WHL. But I agree with Joel Bouchard's assessment of his play "he is a 12 out of 10". To answer your question probably not this year but he is knocking at the door. He does not have brain farts like Kulak does and he cannot be pushed off the puck easily like Mete. So, in time he is 100% an upgrade over those two.
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 9:47 p.m.
Quoting: Habs4ever
Good question. He just turned 19 a month ago, so he still need to put muscle on his frame, but I think by 2022-2023 season he is in the Habs line up. Soon he has to leave to go back to WHL as their league will begin shortly. After this season he can play two more years in the WHL. But I agree with Joel Bouchard's assessment of his play "he is a 12 out of 10". To answer your question probably not this year but he is knocking at the door. He does not have brain farts like Kulak does and he cannot be pushed off the puck easily like Mete. So, in time he is 100% an upgrade over those two.

thats amazing to hear
Habs4ever liked this.
Feb. 24, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
wpg
Lol, Berdin didn’t score 4 goals as well this game did he?
Feb. 24, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: HockeyFan989
Lol, Berdin didn’t score 4 goals as well this game did he?

no but he is really good. I do not know much about him but he is very square to the puck and does not give up many rebounds. His save % was .935. Lindgren was .800.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll