Forums/Armchair-GM

Its slowly coming togetheryes HAHAHA YES

Created by: Seanovision
Team: 2020-21 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 25, 2021
Published: Feb. 25, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
JBD and Pinto turn Pro after the college year. Sanderson turns pro after college next year. Trade Gudbranson/Dzingle if you can get any value, but I dont know if you can, so I didnt include a trade. Add the Sens 1st rounder this coming year to a possibility to this group for next year.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$925,000
Trades
OTT
  1. 2022 4th round pick (PIT)
OTT
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (MIN)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$67,399,249$0$7,170,000$14,100,751
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 2
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$749,250$749,250
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$1,700,000$1,700,000 ($625,000$625K$625,000$625K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$65,000$65K)
G
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000 ($3,475,000$3M$3,475,000$3M)
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25, 2021 at 12:32 p.m.
Jaromir_Jagr_the_leg
Issue is in a 2-3 years of signing everyone
Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Banned
No from Minnesota. Logan brown isn't good. he's been playing for Ottawa AHL team. Your coach isn't even playing him absolutely no. Minnesota wild won't have room for him, / don't need him
Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: BrodinCheerD
No from Minnesota. Logan brown isn't good. he's been playing for Ottawa AHL team. Your coach isn't even playing him absolutely no. Minnesota wild won't have room for him, / don't need him

This is just an absolutely atrocious take all around lol
Rooney liked this.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: Nikolay_Zherdev
Issue is in a 2-3 years of signing everyone

Good problem to have
Nikolay_Zherdev liked this.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
No need, IMO, for the sens to deal Brown. He's 22 and still has NHL potential even though he isnt playing for the sens. Let him simmer in the AHL
Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:44 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Alfie11

No,it's really not. He's not good. He's playing in AHL.

Wild C's right now & in future are better
Joel Erickson ek
Victor rask
Nick bjustad
Nick Bonino

Future:
Marco Rossi
Alexander Khovanov
Marat K
Two 1st round pick in 21.

Ottowa tanked Logan brown value. well, Logan brown tanked his own value
Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: masterjuddi
No need, IMO, for the sens to deal Brown. He's 22 and still has NHL potential even though he isnt playing for the sens. Let him simmer in the AHL

He's got tons of skill and a really good player when he is playing, but if he's not playing, what is that skill doing for you? I want nothing more than for him to stay healthy and be a 2C /PP guy, I just don't know that he can stay healthy long enough. Ideal world, he is healthy the rest of the season, gets a chance with Stepan out, and holds onto the roster spot. Here's hoping!
masterjuddi liked this.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
No,it's really not. He's not good. He's playing in AHL.

Wild C's right now & in future are better
Joel Erickson ek
Victor rask
Nick bjustad
Nick Bonino

Future:
Marco Rossi
Alexander Khovanov
Marat K
Two 1st round pick in 21.

Ottowa tanked Logan brown value. well, Logan brown tanked his own value

Just because he’s playing in the AHL doesn’t mean he’s bad lol, Ottawa just isn’t gonna run a full team of rookies and Norris was better in camp. Formenton is down there as well and he’s also still a very good prospect. Brown proved last year that he was dominant at the AHL level at 21. I would also argue Brown is already better than Rask and Bjugstad, and more offensively gifted than Bonino lol, plus he’s a higher end prospect than Khovanov and Khusnutdivnov. 6’6” centres with hands and vision as good as Brown’s don’t come around every day.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Banned
Just because he’s playing in the AHL doesn’t mean he’s bad lol, Ottawa just isn’t gonna run a full team of rookies and Norris was better in camp. Formenton is down there as well and he’s also still a very good prospect. Brown proved last year that he was dominant at the AHL level at 21. I would also argue Brown is already better than Rask and Bjugstad, and more offensively gifted than Bonino lol, plus he’s a higher end prospect than Khovanov and Khusnutdivnov. 6’6” centres with hands and vision as good as Brown’s don’t come around every day.

Wrong. Ottowa is a bad team, & he isn't playing on it.

He isn't better than Victor rask, or Bjustad. Clearly you haven't been watching lately. Victor rask with Zuccarello and kaprizov has become damn good.

Bjustad also was very very good against Colorado.

Size isn't everything. Wild didn't want Vincent Trocheck, & Sean Monahan who are a million times better than Logan brown. Until Logan brown gets recall, & shows offensively, & defensively he can be good, wild who are the for 2nd or 3 best record in west are happy with what they have

Their is no room whatsoever on wild right now for Logan brown. Even Ryan Hartman has become a damn good c
Feb. 25, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Wrong. Ottowa is a bad team, & he isn't playing on it.

He isn't better than Victor rask, or Bjustad. Clearly you haven't been watching lately. Victor rask with Zuccarello and kaprizov has become damn good.

Bjustad also was very very good against Colorado.

Size isn't everything. Wild didn't want Vincent Trocheck, & Sean Monahan who are a million times better than Logan brown. Until Logan brown gets recall, & shows offensively, & defensively he can be good, wild who are the for 2nd or 3 best record in west are happy with what they have

Their is no room whatsoever on wild right now for Logan brown. Even Ryan Hartman has become a damn good c

That’s not how development works lol, in terms of pure skill he’s ready for a top 9 role, but there are some aspects of his game Ottawa would like him to hone in the AHL, and those are better for him to work on with more ice time as a 1C in Belleville than a bottom six C in Ottawa. This season is lost for us regardless, so there’s no reason to rush him when we have vets who we don’t care about ruining to play grunt minutes.

I’m also glad you’re happy with Rask’s 46% CF% at 5v5 with 67% ozone starts, and his definitely sustainable 41.7% shooting percentage lol. Consider this a pre-emptive I told you so when he inevitably comes crashing back down to earth from his mediocre high. I’m glad one good game can sway your opinion as well. Perhaps you should call up Andrew Hammond, he’s clearly a Vezina calibre goalie.

Trocheck and Monahan are both better than any centre the Wild have had for the last 3 years so I’m not sure why you brought them up out of nowhere. If you’re content with overachieving mediocre centres until your prospects develop just say that, but don’t try to say that they’re actually good, nobody’s being fooled by Rask or Bjugstad anymore.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 3:50 p.m.
Banned
That’s not how development works lol, in terms of pure skill he’s ready for a top 9 role, but there are some aspects of his game Ottawa would like him to hone in the AHL, and those are better for him to work on with more ice time as a 1C in Belleville than a bottom six C in Ottawa. This season is lost for us regardless, so there’s no reason to rush him when we have vets who we don’t care about ruining to play grunt minutes.

I’m also glad you’re happy with Rask’s 46% CF% at 5v5 with 67% ozone starts, and his definitely sustainable 41.7% shooting percentage lol. Consider this a pre-emptive I told you so when he inevitably comes crashing back down to earth from his mediocre high. I’m glad one good game can sway your opinion as well. Perhaps you should call up Andrew Hammond, he’s clearly a Vezina calibre goalie.

Trocheck and Monahan are both better than any centre the Wild have had for the last 3 years so I’m not sure why you brought them up out of nowhere. If you’re content with overachieving mediocre centres until your prospects develop just say that, but don’t try to say that they’re actually good, nobody’s being fooled by Rask or Bjugstad anymore.

Because our GM didn't want Trocheck, & Sean Monahan, it's a fact

Your comment about victor rask embarrassing.

Victor rask, Kaprizov, & Zuccarello playing together have 20 points last four games

Victor rask has 7 goals on season. He was responsible for Zuccarello goal against Colorado yesterday

Your comment are beyond embarrassing,,& comical. Every wild fans will tell you including other fanbase Logan brown isn't good, & not worth anything

Alot of wild fans will tell you they don't want to trade Rask right now in terms of his connection/ bond with Zuccarello and Kaprizov

Watch some other team play before posting these comments
Feb. 25, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.

I agree, as a Wild fan, that that is a bad take.

Logan Brown is a interesting prospect who I think Guerin would probably have some interest in, but let's not get carried away.

He's got size and decent hands, but that's all he has. He's not what you'd call fast, and that could be his major downfall because he reminds me of Alex Galchenyuk in a lot of ways because of it. He isn't a better prospect than either Khovanov or Khusnutdinov either, far from it because they pretty much outclass him with pure high-end playmaking ability and or speed.

In Khovanov's case he's got the best goal scoring touch and is the best high-end playmaker of the three prospects hands down.

Khusnutdinov also has high-end playmaking skills but is an absolute speed demon on top of that. I'd also argue Khusnutdinov has the highest ceiling of the three prospects, but is kinda of a boom or bust type prospect which offsets that potential. Unless he hits.

By comparison, Brown just has size.

He isn't worth a 2nd, not yet, and not for a high round pick in an exceedingly deep draft that looks to be as good as or better than the 2015 draft. I could see us giving up a 3rd (possibly) or a 4th and a lesser prospect back for Brown but a 2nd is absolutely too high for a guy that has yet to prove he can make it in the NHL. I get that he was a 1st round pick, but he's taking longer to develop than he rightfully should and that's fairly concerning, especially given that younger 1st round picks have surpassed him on the depth chart and just look plain closer to the NHL, and that just drops his value.

For what it's worth, I think he makes it. But right now he's pretty close to bust territory. That said, I wouldn't mind if we took a flyer on him and see what happens, he'd be another round in the center chamber if nothing else.

I'd have more interest in Colin White though.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Because our GM didn't want Trocheck, & Sean Monahan, it's a fact

Your comment about victor rask embarrassing.

Victor rask, Kaprizov, & Zuccarello playing together have 20 points last four games

Victor rask has 7 goals on season. He was responsible for Zuccarello goal against Colorado yesterday

Your comment are beyond embarrassing,,& comical. Every wild fans will tell you including other fanbase Logan brown isn't good, & not worth anything

Alot of wild fans will tell you they don't want to trade Rask right now in terms of his connection/ bond with Zuccarello and Kaprizov

Watch some other team play before posting these comments

Michael Russo has reported ad nauseum that Guerin wasn't interested in Monahan, that is true.

BUT.... it's public knowledge that Guerin made a play for Trocheck at last year's trade deadline but that talks broke down after Florida wanted too much for him. It's not implicitly stated anywhere, but my guess is that they wanted Boldy and Guerin wouldn't budge.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 5:04 p.m.
Logan Brown is almost 23 and can't stick in the NHL, and let's be honest, it's not because Ottawa is some stacked team with too many established, high end forwards for there to be room.

Let's compromise, the Wild will give you whichever 2022 5th round pick is higher, MIN or SJ.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 8:09 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
Logan Brown is almost 23 and can't stick in the NHL, and let's be honest, it's not because Ottawa is some stacked team with too many established, high end forwards for there to be room.

Let's compromise, the Wild will give you whichever 2022 5th round pick is higher, MIN or SJ.

You’re acting like we want rid of him. He’s a top prospect and if you aren’t gonna act like it you aren’t getting him. We don’t want or need to trade him.

Quoting: RazWild
I agree, as a Wild fan, that that is a bad take.

Logan Brown is a interesting prospect who I think Guerin would probably have some interest in, but let's not get carried away.

He's got size and decent hands, but that's all he has. He's not what you'd call fast, and that could be his major downfall because he reminds me of Alex Galchenyuk in a lot of ways because of it. He isn't a better prospect than either Khovanov or Khusnutdinov either, far from it because they pretty much outclass him with pure high-end playmaking ability and or speed.

In Khovanov's case he's got the best goal scoring touch and is the best high-end playmaker of the three prospects hands down.

Khusnutdinov also has high-end playmaking skills but is an absolute speed demon on top of that. I'd also argue Khusnutdinov has the highest ceiling of the three prospects, but is kinda of a boom or bust type prospect which offsets that potential. Unless he hits.

By comparison, Brown just has size.

He isn't worth a 2nd, not yet, and not for a high round pick in an exceedingly deep draft that looks to be as good as or better than the 2015 draft. I could see us giving up a 3rd (possibly) or a 4th and a lesser prospect back for Brown but a 2nd is absolutely too high for a guy that has yet to prove he can make it in the NHL. I get that he was a 1st round pick, but he's taking longer to develop than he rightfully should and that's fairly concerning, especially given that younger 1st round picks have surpassed him on the depth chart and just look plain closer to the NHL, and that just drops his value.

For what it's worth, I think he makes it. But right now he's pretty close to bust territory. That said, I wouldn't mind if we took a flyer on him and see what happens, he'd be another round in the center chamber if nothing else.

I'd have more interest in Colin White though.

I think you’re underrating his still here. At 21 he established himself as a top tier AHL scorer. He’s had some injury issues which have significantly hindered his development, but I think Khovanov would wish to be at Brown’s level a year from now (Brown’s draft+3 year he had 42 pts in 56 gp in the AHL, thats this year for Khovanov. His draft+4 year he had 28 pts in 25 gp in the AHL and cracked the NHL for an extended stretch). If he’d been healthy every year I have no doubt he’d be a full time NHLer right now, and despite that has shown that he could be, Ottawa just decided to take the cautious approach so as not to ruin ALL their prospects like the Oilers did, and so while several lineup spots are dedicated to guys like Watson/Anisimov/Paquette/Galchenyuk/Stepan, he missed out on a spot simply because Norris is also really good. He might not be as fast but the Wild prospects still have to show that their skill can transition from juniors to the pros, which obviously Brown has already done, so to say that they are strictly more skilled is inaccurate until they prove it at the pro level imo. To say Khovanov has a higher ceiling could be accurate, but he’s behind in development by comparison, while Brown is all but a sure thing. He might not have the elite ceiling you would have expected from a former 11th overall pick but he still projects as a top 6/top 9 play driver depending on who you ask, and you can’t exactly blame Ottawa for scouting well and acquiring other top tier prospects who happen to be slightly better. Regardless, in the case of Minnesota, he’s ready to step in now, whereas Khovanov will likely need to spend at least a year in the AHL, which looks like the 21-22 season (he’s only playing in the VHL atm) and Khusnutdinov is naturally still a few years out. I don’t know if you share the same blind faith in Rask and Bjugstad as the other guy but I would be wary of a steep drop off from both of them (Rask in particular is vastly overachieving right now), and I would personally take Brown over both rn, particularly if they’re gonna get sheltered offensive minutes regardless. He also produced at around a 30 point pace despite getting only 11 mins per game at the NHL level last year, which isn’t bad for a rookie. And if I’m being completely honest I don’t think Brown is the type of prospect we’d swap for a pick. If we got rid of him it would likely be as part of a package for a lineup fixture we could use going forward or a prospect in a similar situation, held out because of depth not skill level and looking for a better situation.

I don’t think White is likely to be available right now, he’s been good and he’s committed to the Sens for a long time, plus he’s one of our few right shot forwards, and a guy that can play defense even if the high-end offense never appears, making him very splashable. Tierney, Stepan, or Anisimov would probably be available if you’re looking for established C options.
Feb. 25, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
You’re acting like we want rid of him. He’s a top prospect and if you aren’t gonna act like it you aren’t getting him. We don’t want or need to trade him.

He was a top prospect a few years ago. Now he's a 23 year old that can't find a spot on a bad NHL team. If you don't need or want to trade him, that's the better option, because you're not getting a 2nd back, let alone anything better.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 8:13 a.m.

Quoting: Caerii
He was a top prospect a few years ago. Now he's a 23 year old that can't find a spot on a bad NHL team. If you don't need or want to trade him, that's the better option, because you're not getting a 2nd back, let alone anything better.

I think we are all forgetting that most GMs have this thing, deep down, that they see former top end first rounders and think they can change them. I am picturing Curtis Lazar, who was a 4th liner at the time, should have been in the AHL, but wasnt. Didn't have the skill, size, or production of Logan Brown at the NHL or AHL level. They got a 2nd rounder for him in 2017. Why? Because he was a former 1st rounder with pedigree.

If you don't want the Wild to give up a 2nd for him, that's more than ok. At the end of the day, its all a chance! Take a chance at who you pick at about 45th overall(2nd round pick), or take a chance on a 6' 6" 23 year old centre with size and skill, and a history of injuries. Roll them dice.

BTW, I love the heated discussion here. YES HA HA HA YES!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll