SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2016 re-draft

2016 re-draft

Draft Class: 2016
Created By: nalzugaray12
Published: Feb. 25, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-no question.
2Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-He's been one of the best dmen in the NHL. Norris running this season.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-He's a player that competes hard to help get his team wins. When he's not on the score sheet, he's still doing his part
4Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Drops a little bit in this draft but still a gifted goal scorer.
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Has all the tools to be a dynamic #1 center
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-Would more than likely be a #1 dman if not playing behind Hedman.
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Has incredible playmaking abilities, shocking to see he never really took the next step in his point totals after his rookie season. Still top line potential. I still think Arizona chooses Keller if it came down to Keller vs Debrincat.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Very gifted offensive weapon. Keller vs Debrincat was tough imo.
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Adam Fox (+57 )
Truly growing into a #1 dman, he's been excellent since entering the league. Could end up a few spots higher in a re-draft within the next few years.
10Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-A very underrated dman. Incredible skating and puck moving ability.
11Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New Jersey Devils
Jesper Bratt (+151 )
A ton of potential in his game. I believe with more maturing in his game, he can be a top line or high end second line playmaking weapon.
12Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsHe could be as high as #10 on this list. Looking like he's having a nice breakout season so far, he's clear cut the next #1 dman for ARZ. He will end up higher on this list
13Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-He's turning into a legitimate top 6 threat for St Louis. Another guy who can end up higher.
14Logo of the Boston Bruins-This was tough to even take him at this spot, but I think he has improved nicely for EDM this season. Still growth in his game.
15Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Probably Detroit's only good option on the blue line currently. If he was on a less disaster team he'd probably get more notability.
16Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Detroit Red WingsProbably wont last in Colorado for very log, but I still think there's a second line potential there.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-He's a fine defensive dman with good skating ability. I think as he matures he can maybe a top 4 dman, but at worst he's a fine 3rd pairing guy
18Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersHe's been an okay third line player. Feel like there's more meat on the bone with this player, but I could even see him dropping further
19Logo of the New York Islanders-Very nice puck moving guy, may benefit on another team perhaps.
20Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York RangersStill a lot of potenitial in this player, very mature for such a young age. Can see him rising.
21Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
Sam Steel (+9 )
A lot of potential in his game when you watch him play, I think he'll be a legitimate top 6 player before we know it.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksWhat you see is just about what you're getting.Bottom 6 guy who Rangers fans dislike (lol)...could end up being a late bloomer type player.
23Logo of the Florida Panthers-Decent player, I think there's top 6 potential. If not, he's a fine third line guy.
24Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Tough injury for him this season we truly don't know how much better this player will get.
25Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Jake Bean (-12 )
Very small sample size, but looks like a legitimate NHL player for Carolina this season. Could end up rising
26Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Washington Capitals
Max Jones (-2 )
Maybe he'll get groomed to a top 6 power forward but it seems at worst he'll be a third line pest with some scoring
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-I truly think this player can one day be a second line option but at worst he'll be a nice third liner.
28Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the St. Louis BluesLooks to be a nice player for NJD this season, also plays a pesty game and has some decent scoring ability.I can see him rising.
29Logo of the Boston BruinsLogo of the San Jose SharksPesty 4th liner who helps win games. I think his absolute ceiling is third line, but I believe Boston is grooming his offensive game.
30Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsHe's showing some decent improvement for NJD this season, I don't know where his ceiling stands.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
31Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Still room for improvement in his game
32Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-A nice two way winger, still plenty of room for improvement
33Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vancouver CanucksHas some decent potential, I still think he can show more.
34Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Would've been interesting to see how he would do with florida this season had he come to the north america.
35Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Calgary FlamesHe shows some decent potential. Looks to be a third pairing at worst for his floor.
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Winnipeg JetsHe'd probably be a regular NHL player if it weren't for a deep leafs team. Some nice third line potential with some nice scoring ability.
37Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningLogo of the Arizona CoyotesI finally take him at this spot. Canucks fans may not like this, but I can't justify having him any higher than this spot. I still think he can grow.
38Logo of the Florida PanthersLogo of the Buffalo SabresDon't know where he stands in terms of potential. Gotta think at worst he'll be a bottom 6 NHL player.
39Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Montreal CanadiensHe can be a nice riser for a future re-draft, but I still want to see more out of him. I think the potential is still there.
40Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Seemed like he once had top 4 potential for LA, I haven't heard any great comments from fans about him. Still time for him to improve.
41Logo of the New Jersey Devils-He's a been a nice player for Chicago this season. Can potentially rise.
42Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Still think he can be a top 4 dman with more growth, at worst 3rd pairing.
43Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
44Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningLogo of the Boston Bruins
45Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Minnesota Wild
46Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
47Logo of the Nashville Predators-
48Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
49Logo of the Boston BruinsLogo of the New York Islanders
50Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York Rangers
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
52Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
53Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
54Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Florida Panthers
55Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Anaheim Ducks
56Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
57Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Washington Capitals
58Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
59Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
60Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
61Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Feb. 25, 2021 at 10:06 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I think this is near perfect. The one thing i would say is i think you should move fox to where Keller is, and then flip Keller and chychrun. There’s no question that chychrun is the best player for the yotes out of this draft. He’s a beast.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:13 a.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: Bcarlo25
I think this is near perfect. The one thing i would say is i think you should move fox to where Keller is, and then flip Keller and chychrun. There’s no question that chychrun is the best player for the yotes out of this draft. He’s a beast.

very true, that's fair to say. Shocking that Chychrun fell in the draft after seeing his play last year and this year. Don't know what GM's saw at the time, but some of them look like they messed up
Feb. 26, 2021 at 4:22 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: nalzugaray12
very true, that's fair to say. Shocking that Chychrun fell in the draft after seeing his play last year and this year. Don't know what GM's saw at the time, but some of them look like they messed up

He was over scouted
Feb. 28, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
NJD with 4 first-rounders...I like it.

I think you nailed it on the Devils.

Bratt is a human highlight reel. Sky is the limit for him.
Kuokkanen shows up some days as skill guy, some days as physical 3rd liner. Can play either wing, center. Will be interesting to see how he progresses for Seattle.
McLeod probably goes ahead of Bastian and Kuokkanen...he'll be 3c type. Big, powerful stride...will get his points on counter-rush.
Bastian probably has a 20-goal season or two in his future as grinder/net-front body with good hands. But will be bottom-6er.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll