SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Wow Carey Price bashing

Feb. 26, 2021 at 10:55 a.m.
Habs4ever
I am NOT saying he is playing his best hockey but my goodness the comments on here. Go through last nights game one goal at a time. He was weak on the Thompson goal. 1 was an empty net goal. Now we are down to 4 goals. on 2 of the goals, the players in front of him took the wrong players and left Jet players wide open for mis-directional goals. Then 1st goal was on the PP and it was a nice goal. Then on Dubois's goal, Petry should have shot it down the ice, instead he shoots it into a Jets player, next thing you know it goes to Dubois at a bad angle and Carey is not even facing Dubois, total flook goal.

Again I am NOT implying Carey is playing his best but neither are half the team in front of him. Way too many missed assignments. Kulak on wrong side of the ice, Mete constantly pushed off the puck. Weber and Chiarot not has strong defensively as last year. Last games faceoff's #24= 43%, #14= 54%, #15= 14%, #41=40%

I know Dom personally and he will address these things but it will take some time. But dumping on Price when 1 goal out of 6 was his fault helps nobody. We win as a team and we lose as a team.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
I personally haven’t seen any comments saying he is bad or washed. The issue is when you’re making 10 million a year you’re expected to be among the best in the game, which he is not. That is my issue when it comes to price
Feb. 26, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
Price is fantastic, the contract might be a wee bit long, I think he bounces back soon though he still has gas in the tank.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:03 a.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: Florida_Man_Maroon
I personally haven’t seen any comments saying he is bad or washed. The issue is when you’re making 10 million a year you’re expected to be among the best in the game, which he is not. That is my issue when it comes to price

inside the dressing room, the salaries mean diddly. Only outside people bring this up. The game is played between the ears and right now Carey is letting in 1 bad goal per game and he knows this. So when I go on capfriendly, RDS, TVA, Lapresse, JDM, Gazette, Antichambre and many are saying the guy in the red pads needs to go, he is making so much money, Marc Denis said and I agree with him, every time Carey doesn't stand on his head, his twitter is bombarded with "he gets paid $10 million he should be better", if half your players are missing assignments, line changes, back checking to periphery and not hard to the house, then you can pay a goalie 1 Billion and the other team will still get plenty of goals.
Bolts20Cup liked this.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:05 a.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: tryger
Price is fantastic, the contract might be a wee bit long, I think he bounces back soon though he still has gas in the tank.

I agree with everything you said. Once the players in front of him stop blowing assignments and being in the wrong lanes, then his goals against will come down. Last night I was with a friend that was yelling at the tv about Price saying they should trade him. After the game, I took him to my computer and showed him each Jet goal and how 4 of the 5 ( 1 goal was an empty net) players in front of him blew their assignments. He was like wow, I did not see any of those.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:22 a.m.
Quoting: Habs4ever
inside the dressing room, the salaries mean diddly. Only outside people bring this up. The game is played between the ears and right now Carey is letting in 1 bad goal per game and he knows this. So when I go on capfriendly, RDS, TVA, Lapresse, JDM, Gazette, Antichambre and many are saying the guy in the red pads needs to go, he is making so much money, Marc Denis said and I agree with him, every time Carey doesn't stand on his head, his twitter is bombarded with "he gets paid $10 million he should be better", if half your players are missing assignments, line changes, back checking to periphery and not hard to the house, then you can pay a goalie 1 Billion and the other team will still get plenty of goals.

Marc Denis aquiring him was perhaps the absolute worst trade the bolts ever made.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
WentWughes
Price is paid to make those saves. There's a reason he's paid like the top NHL players in the league. His stats are among the worst in the league and Allen has proven that it's not ALL the teams fault.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 3:56 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Price is paid to make those saves. There's a reason he's paid like the top NHL players in the league. His stats are among the worst in the league and Allen has proven that it's not ALL the teams fault.

he is currently allowing 1 bad goal per game and he needs to clean that up, but in reviewing all the games the next day, numerous times players are in the wrong lanes, picking up or missing assignments. So that needs to get cleaned up as well. Which will also help bring down the goals allowed. I am not for a second saying Price is at the top of his game, he clearly is not, but half the guys in front of him are not playing well either.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 3:59 p.m.
WentWughes
he is currently allowing 1 bad goal per game and he needs to clean that up, but in reviewing all the games the next day, numerous times players are in the wrong lanes, picking up or missing assignments. So that needs to get cleaned up as well. Which will also help bring down the goals allowed. I am not for a second saying Price is at the top of his game, he clearly is not, but half the guys in front of him are not playing well either.

He's allowing way more than one bad goal per game.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 3:59 p.m.
WentWughes
He's one of the worst goalies in the league currently. He shouldn't even be playing games as a backup goalie.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 4:45 p.m.
He's one of the worst goalies in the league currently. He shouldn't even be playing games as a backup goalie.

We need to play Allen more and hopefully he retires soon but that’s one hella big if
Feb. 26, 2021 at 4:47 p.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
We need to play Allen more and hopefully he retires soon but that’s one hella big if

Not sure if you understand French but go watch this video by Norman Flynn, it is the best I have seen yet on Price. He also broke down each goal from the Jets game and he also sees so many break downs and players picking up the wrong player or losing 1 on 1 battles. https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/lnh/canadiens/le-ch-bati-par-la-defense-mais-mauvais-defensivement-3.1384059
Feb. 26, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
Habs4ever

Not sure if you understand French but go watch this video by Norman Flynn, it is the best I have seen yet on Price. He also broke down each goal from the Jets game and he also sees so many break downs and players picking up the wrong player or losing 1 on 1 battles. https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/lnh/canadiens/le-ch-bati-par-la-defense-mais-mauvais-defensivement-3.1384059
Feb. 26, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
WentWughes

I don't understand french. I understand the team is playing awful, but Price is suppose to make up for those mistakes we make, which he is currently not.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 5:32 p.m.
Habs4ever
I don't understand french. I understand the team is playing awful, but Price is suppose to make up for those mistakes we make, which he is currently not.

He said and I fully agree with Mr. Flynn, that he watched every single Jets goal and not counting the empty net goal, so the other 5 goals, on 4 of the goals, the players picked up the wrong lanes and defensive assignments. I completely agree with this assessment. If you pay a goalie 1 Billion dollars but the players in front of him are picking up the wrong players and defensive responsibilities 80% of the time as has happened in the last six games, then guess what your goalies save percentage and goals against average is going to go way up.

Again, Carey is not playing his best hockey but his stats would be a touch better if the players in front of him would be doing better. To be fair, I have not broken down Jake Allens games but I will the next time he is in the pipes!
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 5:50 p.m.

I’m perfectly bilingual, I don’t even know between English and French which one I’d call my main language
Habs4ever liked this.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.

I do agree at least that Weber-Chiarot have been doing bad together, no idea why Romanov/Mete/Kulak hasn’t been tried with Weber, and yes our defensemen are mostly offensive but it’s nit fully them to blame, the only person I wouldn’t blame for our performance is Allen.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll