SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2017 re-draft

2017 re-draft

Draft Class: 2017
Created By: nalzugaray12
Published: Feb. 26, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-You really can't go wrong with Makar or Pettersson.It's all opinionated. IMO, Makar is a generational offensive dman.
2Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Read post above. Gonna be a threat #1C for years and years.
3Logo of the Dallas Stars-Another defenseman who will be one of the best dmen in the NHL. Insane how this draft produced 2 dmen who are incredible skaters and puck movers.
4Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-People knock him and I'm not so sure why. He's still a very good player. I think he'll even develop further into an 80 point type player as he grows.
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-without a doubt gonna be in selke conversations in the future. Looking at a future top two way player in the league.
6Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Gonna be an awesome two way player for years to comes. Could end up being a first liner years down the road but at worst a very good second liner.
7Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Arizona CoyotesNot many people agree but I legitimately believe he has first line potential. I think he's that good.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-A very nice offensive weapon who's now very confident in the NHL level.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Very small sample size but he's looking like the prospect that was hyped up to be. More than likely gonna end up rising.
10Logo of the Florida Panthers-Showing he is a very aggresive, two way goal scorer for Anaheim. He's been a very big bright spot for Anaheim this year, he's only going to get better.
11Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Another guy who's not getting talked about this season, he is showing great potential for LA. Fell in the draft due to skating ability, he's showing that his smarts and skill is what makes him such a great player
12Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Batherson vs Norris was tough ( a good problem for Ottawa), but I chose Batherson over Norris.atherson is showing great top 6 playing potential. He's very smooth out there.
13Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLogo of the Winnipeg JetsNorris may not be a first line center, but he's showing signs of becoming a pretty good second line center. Reminds me of a young Logan Couture.
14Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-He shows tremendous pace and two way style for Columbus. He's a keeper for sure. Not sure if he'll be first line, but a pretty good 2nd liner.
15Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLogo of the New York IslandersI decided to take Patrick at this spot. I have simply seen more from the guys above this selection. It's not the end of the world, he can still get better. At least Patrick is showing he's at worst a third liner player.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-For a guy with pretty good size, he has a motor! He has the tools to be a very good 2nd liner. I'd like to see him put it all together just a bit more. At worst a third liner. Could currently make the case of taking Chytil over Patrick.
17Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Small sample size but looking like that great skating, puck moving, offensive dman for Ottawa. Can rise as soon as next season.
18Logo of the Boston Bruins-He is showing that he's a legitimate defender in the NHL with great size. I think there could be top 4 potential there. Nice get for Vegas.
19Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Has the tools to be a pretty good top 4 dman, I've heard he's been a bit underwhelming this season from Buffalo fans.
20Logo of the St. Louis Blues-This guy is another sneaky little gem for Florida. When you watch him play, he's got great size, aggressiveness, and skating. At worst a very good third line potential, I think he can even turn out to be second line.
21Logo of the New York Rangers-That top 4 potential is still there. We all just want to see a bit more after he dominated Europe.
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Another small sample size but Robertson did pretty good in the AHL and is showing he's an NHL caliber player with Dallas this season.
23Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Minnesota WildI think I was a bit too harsh on Casey at this spot, but I'm really just not entirely sold on him yet. I truly think another season in NCAA would have done him wonders. Can rise or can fall more.
24Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsHe'll end up being a riser for sure, it's just not easy to crack a top 6 spot in Philly right now.
25Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I see a lot of skill and even grit for such an undersized guy. He seems to be in the dog house for Torts at points, but I think the tools to be an effective top 9/ top 6 are there.
26Logo of the Dallas StarsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksAnother guy who dominated the AHL, I just want to see a bit more scoring out of him. He'll probably rise in a matter of no time. When you watch him play, he's not playing bad at all it's just the production is what makes me drop him. He has a VERY hard shot.
27Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Washington CapitalsHe'll probably end up dropping further imo. Not the best pick for Detroit.
28Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I could even have him higher than this spot, but I felt I would've been a Boston homer. He's gonna be a legitimate top 6 player for Boston in the future.
29Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Anaheim DucksSmall sample size but he's looking like a nice dman for Pitt. He could be even higher than this spot.
30Logo of the Nashville Predators-Jake could be higher as well, I still think he'll be a starting goalie in the NHL. He's not playing that bad, he's showing he can be a backup right now at such a young age.
31Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBecause why not, go Bruins. The rest of the players were just unestablished at the NHL level. Very good skater and vision. He's at worst a third pairing NHL dman, his ceiling is still the question. I personally believe the top 4 potential is still there based on the tools he brings.
Feb. 26, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Valimaki higher
Feb. 26, 2021 at 12:59 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: Gmonwy
Valimaki higher

I can't have him any higher than 20 so far. He'll more than likely rise higher, but I just want to see more out of him
Feb. 28, 2021 at 11:28 a.m.
I think there seems to be consensus on the top-6.
I would move Necas down a couple of spots. And don't think Patrick falls that far.
Its a better draft year than I expected at the time.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll