22$81,500,000$60,970,831$0$4,180,000$20,529,169

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 2
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
C
RFA - 1
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW
UFA - 1
$2,875,000$2,875,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$811,666$811,666 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 3
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
UFA - 7
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 27, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
Pete
nice d-addition but habs would have to be crazy to loose ben
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
Opie
Gusev and Zajac just dont have the wheels to keep up with this team anymore. They look so out of place ... if Fitz can move them asap, he should (assuming the unlikely NTC waive from Zajac).

Today was a tough watch. The veterans are really letting this team down lately ... & wonderkid Hughes should be embarrassed by that first goal. I hope they show that on tape to him on a loop. He is frustrating to watch when he dogs it like that. Winners backcheck, Jack.

The Zajac to Butcher fiasco was another one ... That first period of blunders took me back to last year.
Feb. 28, 2021 at 12:18 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Opie
Gusev and Zajac just dont have the wheels to keep up with this team anymore. They look so out of place ... if Fitz can move them asap, he should (assuming the unlikely NTC waive from Zajac).

Today was a tough watch. The veterans are really letting this team down lately ... & wonderkid Hughes should be embarrassed by that first goal. I hope they show that on tape to him on a loop. He is frustrating to watch when he dogs it like that. Winners backcheck, Jack.

The Zajac to Butcher fiasco was another one ... That first period of blunders took me back to last year.

That first goal was brutal but later on throughout the game I saw Hughes fixed that same mistake. The first period in general killed us.

Zajac looks super slow for the team and Gusev lost his spot to the GOAT Pavel Zacha. I would say wait it out till the deadline when Zajac would be willing to waive his NTC. Also Zajac just played his 1000th game so I think he stays for a bit longer. As for Gusev, wait it out until he has more value. He's getting a lot of goals during garbage time which might help his value. That third line could be Kuok-Sharangovich-Malstev/Boqvist.

The bottom pair has been very underwhelming this season. Butcher, Carrick, Tennyson, and Kulikov. The only decent player on the bottom pair was Vatanen but even he's made some mistakes.
MartysBetter29 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2021 at 9:33 a.m.
Opie
Quoting: Devil1122
That first goal was brutal but later on throughout the game I saw Hughes fixed that same mistake. The first period in general killed us.

Zajac looks super slow for the team and Gusev lost his spot to the GOAT Pavel Zacha. I would say wait it out till the deadline when Zajac would be willing to waive his NTC. Also Zajac just played his 1000th game so I think he stays for a bit longer. As for Gusev, wait it out until he has more value. He's getting a lot of goals during garbage time which might help his value. That third line could be Kuok-Sharangovich-Malstev/Boqvist.

The bottom pair has been very underwhelming this season. Butcher, Carrick, Tennyson, and Kulikov. The only decent player on the bottom pair was Vatanen but even he's made some mistakes.

Well, for what its worth, I expected worse this year. The D, with the exception of Smith-Severson, is a rag tag collection of veteran players no one else wanted. They have been poor last two outings, but for the most part were acceptable earlier in the season. Not a winning group, but passable. Vatanen made some horrid errors first two games back, but you have to give him a pass on that. Hopefully, he's scraped the rust off. Unless they are ultra cheap, I doubt any of the UFA D are back next season. Fitzgerald will fill in the holes trading late draft picks, signing cheap UFAs and maybe a rookie or two, if they are ready (which unfortunately looks doubtful the way most are playing this season in Bing or overseas). Kulikov has had some poor moments, but has been decent for a third pair. Kulikov - Vatanen should be able to get NJ a passable performance for whats left of this season. Preferably Tennyson & Carrick do not return to the ice.

I also expect all of the UFA forwards to move on. It would not surprise me if they resign Zajac or Palmieri to fill a veteran role, tipping their hat to sentiment, but it may be time to just bite the bullet and let the past fade into the past. Palmieri will likely get a contract offer the Devils should probably choose NOT to match (particularly given the sizable contingent of solid UFA forwards that will be available as alternatives) Zajac/Gusev are just too slow of foot when there are equal quality, younger, cheaper replacements available in the organization. Its time for the younger experienced veterans like Severson & Hischier to take the leadership roles.

Transition year, as expected. Hopefully, the young guys continue to improve, develop chemistry & avoid injury. Having some ping pong ball luck & landing in the top 3 of the lottery and walking away with one of the top D prospects would really make this season a great success in my eyes. Edvinsson, Clarke, Power or even Jack's lil brother would look great in Red & Black.
Devil liked this.
Feb. 28, 2021 at 12:30 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Opie
Well, for what its worth, I expected worse this year. The D, with the exception of Smith-Severson, is a rag tag collection of veteran players no one else wanted. They have been poor last two outings, but for the most part were acceptable earlier in the season. Not a winning group, but passable. Vatanen made some horrid errors first two games back, but you have to give him a pass on that. Hopefully, he's scraped the rust off. Unless they are ultra cheap, I doubt any of the UFA D are back next season. Fitzgerald will fill in the holes trading late draft picks, signing cheap UFAs and maybe a rookie or two, if they are ready (which unfortunately looks doubtful the way most are playing this season in Bing or overseas). Kulikov has had some poor moments, but has been decent for a third pair. Kulikov - Vatanen should be able to get NJ a passable performance for whats left of this season. Preferably Tennyson & Carrick do not return to the ice.

I also expect all of the UFA forwards to move on. It would not surprise me if they resign Zajac or Palmieri to fill a veteran role, tipping their hat to sentiment, but it may be time to just bite the bullet and let the past fade into the past. Palmieri will likely get a contract offer the Devils should probably choose NOT to match (particularly given the sizable contingent of solid UFA forwards that will be available as alternatives) Zajac/Gusev are just too slow of foot when there are equal quality, younger, cheaper replacements available in the organization. Its time for the younger experienced veterans like Severson & Hischier to take the leadership roles.

Transition year, as expected. Hopefully, the young guys continue to improve, develop chemistry & avoid injury. Having some ping pong ball luck & landing in the top 3 of the lottery and walking away with one of the top D prospects would really make this season a great success in my eyes. Edvinsson, Clarke, Power or even Jack's lil brother would look great in Red & Black.

The Devils should try Bahl-Walsh play on the bottom pair if Kulikov, Tennyson, Carrick, and Butcher end up being traded or leave. I really want Palmieri to resign and I think he will. Fitz would definitely want a vet on the team. If Holtz is ready next year, Palmieri will likely be gone. And I definitely agree...we need defense in the first round. I think we'll end up with Clarke or Hughes with our pick

Assuming Palms, Zajac, Gusev all leave
Johnsson-Hughes-Holtz
Zacha-Nico-Bratt
Foote-Sharangovich-Boqvist
Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Smith-Severson
Murray-Walsh
Bahl-Subban

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option