SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Seabrook Question

Mar. 2, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
I have a pretty basic question. why is Seabrook not put on LTIR?

I get when the season started they thought he would be in the lineup within a week or 2. but now its well past the minimum 10 games/24 days. they could retroactively put him on it right?

I'm starting to assume its just because they are not in a cap crunch, so what's the point. does anyone have a smarter answer than that? ha

maybe they do this near the deadline, to gain cap space, and amke some cap trades for prospects/picks.

Anyone's insight is much appriciated.
Mar. 2, 2021 at 3:22 p.m.
Your assumption is correct in part because they aren't in a cap crunch and also partly due to not knowing when he will come back; back injuries are tricky.
Mar. 2, 2021 at 3:26 p.m.
thanks. but at this point if the retro LTIR him, and he can come back tomorrow. also i assume if he is back in the line up they lose that opportunity to retro him. and now they lost him up to this point, and lost the extra cap space.

just seems weird in a world where teams make moves to save $50,000 of space during off days, that we just dont care about this 6.8mil hit/opportunity.
Mar. 2, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: battadan
thanks. but at this point if the retro LTIR him, and he can come back tomorrow. also i assume if he is back in the line up they lose that opportunity to retro him. and now they lost him up to this point, and lost the extra cap space.

just seems weird in a world where teams make moves to save $50,000 of space during off days, that we just dont care about this 6.8mil hit/opportunity.

doesn't really make much of a difference to us. We have to pay him the atcual money regardless and the cap hit isn't an issue right now

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll