Forums/Armchair-GM

young club next year

Created by: MTLaveragefan
Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 3, 2021
Published: Mar. 3, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If the habs don't resign Danault and Tatar, there would be a lot of cap available to sign Hamilton!

I'd put a RHD on the left side.

Then we would have a very menacing Dline.

Young center line -­ I can always bring in Nate thompson to pick up some slack
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$750,000
3$750,000
3$750,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$3,700,000
2$900,000
3$2,100,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$8,000,000
2$800,000
1$800,000
Trades
MTL
    SEATTLE

(I always pick Vegas normally to show seattle... now I'll let down LA fans for a while and give vegas a break)
    MTL
      to hell
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$81,500,000$69,770,120$597,561$1,175,000$11,729,880
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
      C
      UFA - 1
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 6
      $2,125,000$2,125,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 3
      $3,700,000$3,700,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $880,833$880,833
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $900,000$900,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 2
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 6
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      RW
      UFA - 2
      $800,000$800,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $8,000,000$8,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 7
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      $875,000$875,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $2,343,750$2,343,750
      RD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 4
      $2,875,000$2,875,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $800,000$800,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $7,857,143$7,857,143
      RD
      UFA - 5
      $925,000$925,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      RD
      RFA - 1
      Taxi Squad
      $838,333$838,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      C
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:26 p.m.
      I heff to be mad...
      *Hammers Byron's face*
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:32 p.m.
      Hockey247
      hmm. dougie hamilton. would he want to come to a pressure laden city like montreal? furthermore, where are you going to play him? i dont think he plays the leftside.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:33 p.m.
      Hockey Expert
      Damn, poor Gallagher. He is in the corner headbutting the wall right now.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:36 p.m.
      I think Seattle takes Allen.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
      I post sometimes
      Quoting: Marcsnack

The boogaloo would be protecting allen and making Price Waive... they won't take price.
      Shanesaw9 liked this.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
      Quoting: MTLaveragefan
      The boogaloo would be protecting allen and making Price Waive... they won't take price.

High hopes but alright haha
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
      I post sometimes
      Quoting: Hockey247
      hmm. dougie hamilton. would he want to come to a pressure laden city like montreal? furthermore, where are you going to play him? i dont think he plays the leftside.

I've put him on the RD. Petry and Weber have been playing together on the PP. I'd like to try them on the same line.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:48 p.m.
      I post sometimes
      High hopes but alright haha

I also believe they will be taking Allen... I guess it all depends on the other Goalies available to Seattle.
      Marcsnack liked this.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:52 p.m.
      Hockey247
      I've put him on the RD. Petry and Weber have been playing together on the PP. I'd like to try them on the same line.

that wont work for the whole season
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 3:58 p.m.

If the Habs leave Price unprotected (IF he waives) that's a huge opportunity for Seattle. They would take Carey, withold half his cap and trade him for something big - to Colorado for instance. So that won't happen. End of the day Habs half to protect Price and Allen will be taken.

When it comes to above, I don't think Bergy would let Tatar, Danault and Armia all walk. I'm sure he'll sign at least 1 of them.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.
      Mark

Maybe, though there are a LOT of good goaltenders that will be made available (Raanta, Korpisalo, Colton Point, Quick, Holtby, Khudobin, Allen, Rinne/Saros, and Vanecek), plus free-agent goaltenders that they may want to sign.

I am not saying that they won't select Allen, but I am saying that it's possible they select someone else from the Canadiens. While their fanbase gives Mete a hard time, he is pretty well-thought of by NHL management as a good skating, puck-moving mid-bottom pair defenseman. Cale Fleury is a young, right-shot defenseman who is punishing to play against, and Lehkonen is an all-around solid grinding forward (the type that isn't sexy but that every team needs on their 4th line). It'll be interesting how trades and free-agent signings affect Seattles expansion draft.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 4:12 p.m.
      Edited Mar. 3, 2021 at 4:17 p.m.
      Quoting: markmws
      Maybe, though there are a LOT of good goaltenders that will be made available (Raanta, Korpisalo, Colton Point, Quick, Holtby, Khudobin, Allen, Rinne/Saros, and Vanecek), plus free-agent goaltenders that they may want to sign.

I am not saying that they won't select Allen, but I am saying that it's possible they select someone else from the Canadiens. While their fanbase gives Mete a hard time, he is pretty well-thought of by NHL management as a good skating, puck-moving mid-bottom pair defenseman. Cale Fleury is a young, right-shot defenseman who is punishing to play against, and Lehkonen is an all-around solid grinding forward (the type that isn't sexy but that every team needs on their 4th line). It'll be interesting how trades and free-agent signings affect Seattles expansion draft.

Alright, lets go through your list.
      Korpisalo and Saros will both be protected. (Merzlikins is exempt from the expansion draft)
      Raanta and Rinne will both be UFAs, so the players would have to agree to a contract with Seattle, which is not guaranteed.
      Point is not really good and not an NHL goalie.
      Quick and Khudobin have pretty heavy contracts.
      Vanecek and Holtby are definitely good options, but I am sure Seattle will want to grab two good goalies if they can.

No one on MTL is as exciting as Allen is for them. He is the obvious pick right now. There will be much better defensive options than Mete and Fleury. Lehkonen will be protected.
      Shanesaw9 liked this.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 4:49 p.m.
      You know nothing JS
      Not only were you lazy by making Byron "just dissapear" , but you still dont have enough money to sign Romanov /Suzuki/ Evans /Mete /Fleury/etc.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 5:43 p.m.
      Mark
      Alright, lets go through your list.
      Korpisalo and Saros will both be protected. (Merzlikins is exempt from the expansion draft)
      Raanta and Rinne will both be UFAs, so the players would have to agree to a contract with Seattle, which is not guaranteed.
      Point is not really good and not an NHL goalie.
      Quick and Khudobin have pretty heavy contracts.
      Vanecek and Holtby are definitely good options, but I am sure Seattle will want to grab two good goalies if they can.

No one on MTL is as exciting as Allen is for them. He is the obvious pick right now. There will be much better defensive options than Mete and Fleury. Lehkonen will be protected.

So, to my credit, Merzlikins was not on the exempt list on CapFriendly, so I would have protected him. No idea why Meerlikins was placed where he was placed on this site. Point's future is debatable, and Quick can sell tickets. I would personally be all over Vanecek. It's also debatable whether Lehkonen would be protected or not.

Listen, I am not married to any of these goaltenders: frankly, I couldn't care any less than I do about any of them. Whoever they draft, I wish them the best of luck.
      Marcsnack liked this.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 6:02 p.m.
      I post sometimes
      Quoting: jpsnow13
      Not only were you lazy by making Byron "just dissapear" , but you still dont have enough money to sign Romanov /Suzuki/ Evans /Mete /Fleury/etc.

I'm at work, I'm not going to spend 1h to figure out the perfect Byron trade. It's not Lucic, Neal or Skinner money... it's possible to move. He's not the main purpose of this AGM. Comme on dit en Français : débuzze calique.

The following year we have 9M to sign Suzuki and Romanov... Evans will probable have a slight raise... but not much - same with Mete and Fleury. Players can be moved and vice-versa.

I don't think either Suzuki and Romanov will be commanding a big raise especially in the flat cap era. Push comes to shove, Lehkonen, Drouin can be moved. as well as chariot and edmundson.
      Mar. 3, 2021 at 6:03 p.m.
      I post sometimes
      Quoting: Hockey247

There is only pressure in you speak French... otherwise it is not worst than other big market.
      Mar. 4, 2021 at 7:13 a.m.
      You know nothing JS
      I'm at work, I'm not going to spend 1h to figure out the perfect Byron trade. It's not Lucic, Neal or Skinner money... it's possible to move. He's not the main purpose of this AGM. Comme on dit en Français : débuzze calique.

The following year we have 9M to sign Suzuki and Romanov... Evans will probable have a slight raise... but not much - same with Mete and Fleury. Players can be moved and vice-versa.

I don't think either Suzuki and Romanov will be commanding a big raise especially in the flat cap era. Push comes to shove, Lehkonen, Drouin can be moved. as well as chariot and edmundson.

So what you are saying is that you didn't put a lot of thoughts into this. I believe you. Are you working at the SQDC?

If you need 1h to figure out a plausible Byron trade, maybe he's not that tradable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for the good old excuse about overspending: Just trade away players (without any concrete idea) to make it fit!

The NHL isn't a yard sale. It's easy to sign Hamilton @ 8 AAV when you just drop names of players to trade away to make capspace. In reality, you would need to take cap back to get rid of them.

And you wont have enough space to resign the youth.
      Mar. 4, 2021 at 9:20 a.m.
      I post sometimes
      Quoting: jpsnow13
      So what you are saying is that you didn't put a lot of thoughts into this. I believe you. Are you working at the SQDC?

If you need 1h to figure out a plausible Byron trade, maybe he's not that tradable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for the good old excuse about overspending: Just trade away players (without any concrete idea) to make it fit!

The NHL isn't a yard sale. It's easy to sign Hamilton @ 8 AAV when you just drop names of players to trade away to make capspace. In reality, you would need to take cap back to get rid of them.

And you wont have enough space to resign the youth.

I have to disagree with you bud. Some people are on this website to have fun and pass the time... some want to be hardasses. that's your choice!

all these players can be moved. no question about it. Yes some would be harder than others. I didn't want to do a perfect Byron trade because I didn't want to argue with a dude living in his mom basement about the fact that the habs should give two first and Suzuki to move Byron.

this AGM is to show that if we don't resign Danault, Tatar, and Armia, we could sign Hamilton.
      Mar. 4, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
      You know nothing JS
      I have to disagree with you bud. Some people are on this website to have fun and pass the time... some want to be hardasses. that's your choice!

all these players can be moved. no question about it. Yes some would be harder than others. I didn't want to do a perfect Byron trade because I didn't want to argue with a dude living in his mom basement about the fact that the habs should give two first and Suzuki to move Byron.

this AGM is to show that if we don't resign Danault, Tatar, and Armia, we could sign Hamilton.

And yet you failed because you need to clear out 9M of capspace to sign your RFAs for the 2022-2023 season and you only have 2.7M + 1.8M (Kulak) + 0.8( Thompson) for a total of 5.3M, once you lost Chiarot AND made Byron dissapear. It all you can afford. Not 8M AAV.

So go ahead! Dig your grave deeper and trade away Drouin to make it fit! Or Edmundson and Lehkonen! Let's destroy the left side of the Dcore for no good reason! You are just proving my point even more...

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll