Forums/Armchair-GM

We Won But At What Cost

Created by: Pond_Duck
Team: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 4, 2021
Published: Mar. 4, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Good win last night and good game for Grubauer. But everyone’s real concern is Mackinnon. I’m no doctor so don’t take my word on this but it looked like a concussion. I do hope he’s okay and we will just see what happens.
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$81,770,554$0$5,000,000-$270,554
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 5
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$3,166,667$3,166,667
LD
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$842,500$842,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
UFA - 1
$771,750$771,750 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4, 2021 at 9:39 a.m.
they will see if things change today but everyone, players to Bednar said that Nate was fine last night after the game, Bednar even saying it seems they got lucky with Nate but wont know until how he is today.
Pond_Duck and TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 9:49 a.m.
Quoting: coga16
they will see if things change today but everyone, players to Bednar said that Nate was fine last night after the game, Bednar even saying it seems they got lucky with Nate but wont know until how he is today.

Yeah that’s what I was hearing but again we won’t know until later
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
Quoting: Pond_Duck
Yeah that’s what I was hearing but again we won’t know until later

wouldnt speculate anything what it looks like yet bc who knows, but early signs are good

Just hope that plug gets a heft suspension for it, every thing he did in that series of event was available and just dumb
Mar. 4, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
wouldnt speculate anything what it looks like yet bc who knows, but early signs are good

Just hope that plug gets a heft suspension for it, every thing he did in that series of event was available and just dumb

Yeah I also think that the hit should be a suspension probably like either 1 or 2 games
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.

See more contact in a soccer game than on that "hit" where the head was about the 3rd point of contact with the slightest of glancing blows. If he is concussed from that, he probably lives half of his life with a concussion because better odds of getting one hitting your head in a bevy of other ways than with that play. Hope he's fine, but in reality he should be more than fine because there was minimal of anything that really happened.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 10:35 a.m.
Quoting: SJS2212
See more contact in a soccer game than on that "hit" where the head was about the 3rd point of contact with the slightest of glancing blows. If he is concussed from that, he probably lives half of his life with a concussion because better odds of getting one hitting your head in a bevy of other ways than with that play. Hope he's fine, but in reality he should be more than fine because there was minimal of anything that really happened.

It was a dumb hit by a dumb player who was at mid ice, saw the whole play develop, picked up his stride towards Nate, did not attempt to play the puck, principle contact with the head, lowered his shoulder and lead with his elbow. It was a garbage play, just everything he did was the worst possible decision made

He could. have just put a stick on him or lined him up on the body or hip and he would have made an actual hockey play. He hit him square on the chin, dont downplay it

He will be suspended bc he had multiple opportunities to avoid the play or play it differently and he did not. Low IQ play so he will get what he deserves
Pond_Duck, JeffW and TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 10:50 a.m.
It was a dumb hit by a dumb player who was at mid ice, saw the whole play develop, picked up his stride towards Nate, did not attempt to play the puck, principle contact with the head, lowered his shoulder and lead with his elbow. It was a garbage play, just everything he did was the worst possible decision made

He could. have just put a stick on him or lined him up on the body or hip and he would have made an actual hockey play. He hit him square on the chin, dont downplay it

He will be suspended bc he had multiple opportunities to avoid the play or play it differently and he did not. Low IQ play so he will get what he deserves

That bottom part is the important part. I would expect a suspension because of the fact that the play was avoidable and it was contract to the head
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: Pond_Duck
That bottom part is the important part. I would expect a suspension because of the fact that the play was avoidable and it was contract to the head

he is having an hearing, hes going to get suspended
Mar. 4, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

“ Jared Bednar on his team's response to the MacKinnon hit: "I liked it. ... I don't think his intent was to hit Nate high, but he catches him high."

"The power play goes out right away and pots a big goal." “

I just think your hot on the play.

Wasn’t a good hit but wasn’t a dumb player/ being an idiot like you allude to him being a piece of sh**. Both coaches have very similar opinions on the hit and there was no huge uproar.

Wasn’t a good hit but definitely wasn’t an idiotic play like some players make/ you’re making it out to be.

He gets a game or so; about right, and we move on. Don’t think bad blood is needed or warranted lol
Mar. 4, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
“ Jared Bednar on his team's response to the MacKinnon hit: "I liked it. ... I don't think his intent was to hit Nate high, but he catches him high."

Wasn’t a good hit but wasn’t a dumb player/ being an idiot like you allude to him being a piece of sh**. Both coaches have very similar opinions on the hit and there was no huge uproar.

Wasn’t a good hit but definitely wasn’t an idiotic play like some players make/ you’re making it out to be.

He gets a game or so; about right, and we move on. Don’t think bad blood is needed or warranted lol

im not alluding hes a piece of poop, its a low hockey IQ hit by player who has 4 game sin the NHL at what 4 mins a night, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt of hes not a smart player at the NHL level...that was pretty dumb by him.

He had multiple opportunities to address that hit different, change his angles etc, and played it in the worst possible way.

No one was saying he intended to hit Nates head, but he did it bc he didnt address the play properly, It can be a dumb low hockey IQ hit without intent

and with how the sharks broadcast tried to pin the blame of that hit on Nate...nah man avs fan are not taking any of that nonsense
Mar. 4, 2021 at 12:54 p.m.
Representing the 505
Quoting: SJS2212

There are plenty of injuries, especially to the head, that look like "nothing" in the moment but can still do damage. When you consider these guys move at high speeds and you have a moving body hitting another one that is standing mostly still, a concussion isn't simply a matter of how direct or hard the contact was, it was what happened inside his skull. It was a glancing blow and he appeared to be okay but a concussion isn't out of the question on a play like that.
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: yikes

With you and Coga going back and fourth I realized there is a medium to this situation.
Like you said wasn’t a dumb play but we can agree it was a high hit and was a penalty. Probably like a one or two game suspension if I had to guess. Also you best belive there will be bad blood especially if Mackinnon ends up missing time. If he does and if the guy who hit Mackinnon ( my bad can’t recall his name) is in the lineup someone is gonna be challenging him. That’s just what happens when you take a run at the other teams superstar
TJTwolf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll