Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$77,684,800$0$10,012,500$3,815,200
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD
RFA - 3
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 2
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
Taxi Squad
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:10 p.m.
What in tarnation
Pretty far with no elite prospects included.

I can't fathom why BUF would agree to trade Eichel without getting one of Laffy, Kakko, Miller or Fox back.
Chapee44 and csick liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss

I can't fathom why BUF would agree to trade Eichel without getting one of Laffy, Kakko, Miller or Fox back.

you wouldnt consider krebs an elite prospect?
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
Definitely gonna be a no from Buffalo.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: nyr2022
you wouldnt consider krebs an elite prospect?

Not compared to those 4.

A 20 year old center with no NHL experience on his name in a team with relatively weak center pool.

At least all those 4 mentioned here are already more or less core members of Rangers roster.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
VGKNation702
Can’t imagine why VGK would make that move. At RD we have Petro, Whitecloud in the top 4. He’s probably not taking either one of those slots. Then we have a stud ready with Kaden Korzack....
BStinson liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.

Agreed, they wouldn't agree to it today. Therefore he will be stuck there till after his NTC kicks in, while still unhappy and likely under performing... 2-3 more seasons go by with BUF not doing much and then what happens? Did they get the next 3 1OA to boost their team? Think he resigns there afterwards? How many trade partners are actually out there?? Do other players leave for bigger and better things?

After the NTC kicks in it becomes JE who dictates what the package coming back consists of in a way
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: NYR1983
Agreed, they wouldn't agree to it today. Therefore he will be stuck there till after his NTC kicks in, while still unhappy and likely under performing... 2-3 more seasons go by with BUF not doing much and then what happens? Did they get the next 3 1OA to boost their team? Think he resigns there afterwards? How many trade partners are actually out there?? Do other players leave for bigger and better things?

After the NTC kicks in it becomes JE who dictates what the package coming back consists of in a way

Assuming Eichel wants out the team, I don't think the NTC becomes an issue in the slightest. Eichel will agree to any offer BUF gets for the guy. The leverage is still with the Sabres.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Assuming Eichel wants out the team, I don't think the NTC becomes an issue in the slightest. Eichel will agree to any offer BUF gets for the guy. The leverage is still with the Sabres.

That's completely wrong.. Eichel won't agree to leave BUF for OTT or DET.... 0 chance... Any team that has to give up that much with be hurting afterwards and it will effect their spot in the standings 100%. How many teams need a 1C??? EDM/TOR/PIT???? How many teams actually have the assets to pay BUF and they are willing to part with those assets? Then add in the fact that there will be a handful of places that he just won't want to go, maybe all of Canada like many other americans... How many teams can actually afford him? Every team would add him if there wasn't a cap, sure...
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.

He does want out, or at least to be on a competitive team. He hasn't publicly asked for a trade but everyone knows it...
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
No kakko no trade
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:33 p.m.
Your favorite Ranger
Krebs will be good, but Lundkvist still gets more. And Rangers won't pay anyone to take DeAngelo.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:35 p.m.
Quoting: VGKNation702
Can’t imagine why VGK would make that move. At RD we have Petro, Whitecloud in the top 4. He’s probably not taking either one of those slots. Then we have a stud ready with Kaden Korzack....

thought korzack was a lefty my b, even so lundkvists ceiling is higher than him or whitecloud imo
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:36 p.m.
What in tarnation
That's completely wrong.. Eichel won't agree to leave BUF for OTT or DET.... 0 chance... Any team that has to give up that much with be hurting afterwards and it will effect their spot in the standings 100%. How many teams need a 1C??? EDM/TOR/PIT???? How many teams actually have the assets to pay BUF and they are willing to part with those assets? Then add in the fact that there will be a handful of places that he just won't want to go, maybe all of Canada like many other americans... How many teams can actually afford him? Every team would add him if there wasn't a cap, sure...

Remind me exactly, if the one thing the guy wants out to start again somewhere else, why on earth would he make specifically that only so much tougher for himself to do?

Considering what kind of epitomy of disaster Buffalo has been for the guy, I don't see any realistic reason for him to start again in a team like Ottawa or Detroit - as long as they have promise and are actually developing, unlike Sabres who's gone for a decade without a single playoff game to their name.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: NYRFan92360244
Krebs will be good, but Lundkvist still gets more. And Rangers won't pay anyone to take DeAngelo.

as far as tony goes if it helps make the cap work for eichel I think that changes
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Buffalo decline
Mar. 4, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
Remind me exactly, if the one thing the guy wants out to start again somewhere else, why on earth would he make specifically that only so much tougher for himself to do?

Considering what kind of epitomy of disaster Buffalo has been for the guy, I don't see any realistic reason for him to start again in a team like Ottawa or Detroit - as long as they have promise and are actually developing, unlike Sabres who's gone for a decade without a single playoff game to their name.

You are missing the mark here. He doesn't want a fresh start, Skinner might want that... Eichel wants to compete, something that BUF has failed at for over a decade. For no good reason they have failed, like it's a curse. GREAT players, fail.... please read my previous statement... I never said he would go to DET/OTT, I said "he WON'T agree to leave BUF for DET/OTT. The reason being is if they made a trade they would lose all that good potential... Stutzle and Batherson would be 2 of the pieces to acquire him and then they are back to being a 1 trick pony of Eich/Tkack/Dady... after that it's not competitive.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Banned
Detroit declines, We wouldn't give up a conditional 7th rounder for Deangelo. Buffalo declines NYR aren't getting Eichel without one of Kakko/Lafreniere included.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
What in tarnation
You are missing the mark here. He doesn't want a fresh start, Skinner might want that... Eichel wants to compete, something that BUF has failed at for over a decade. For no good reason they have failed, like it's a curse. GREAT players, fail.... please read my previous statement... I never said he would go to DET/OTT, I said "he WON'T agree to leave BUF for DET/OTT. The reason being is if they made a trade they would lose all that good potential... Stutzle and Batherson would be 2 of the pieces to acquire him and then they are back to being a 1 trick pony of Eich/Tkack/Dady... after that it's not competitive.

Fwiw, the one team he's been rumored to is LA. And they're exactly in the same position as Ottawa. Namely, so filled with prospects that they might consider bringing a guy like Eichel in by using some of them.

I don't agree with your notion of "Eichel won't leave BUF." And I realize as I'm writing this that there's a typo in my previous text, my b for that. It should say "I don't see any realistic reason for him to NOT start again in a team like Ottawa...as long as the team has promise, because Buffalo certainly doesn't.

Also, maybe I'm a bit cynical, but I do think OTT is better off with having Eichel than they are with Stutzle and Batherson for instance. The reason is because OTT is already so filled with prospects that some of them are going to be left out without a spot simply because there isn't enough slots for all of them. If they could form a package of several great prospects to combine them into a franchise player, I absolutely think they should do it.

But as long as OTT is rebuilding, I don't think it's happening. Rebuilding teams in general want to sort their prospect pool first and then make choices about where to go next...or at least that's the picture I'm getting from Ottawa.

Regardless, the notion of Eichel's trade value diminish because his NMC is about to kick in a matter of year is wrong in my opinion. If he wants out, there's no reason for him to hinder that process. BUF won't hesitate with that decision.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 3:20 p.m.
Fwiw, the one team he's been rumored to is LA. And they're exactly in the same position as Ottawa. Namely, so filled with prospects that they might consider bringing a guy like Eichel in by using some of them.

I don't agree with your notion of "Eichel won't leave BUF." And I realize as I'm writing this that there's a typo in my previous text, my b for that. It should say "I don't see any realistic reason for him to NOT start again in a team like Ottawa...as long as the team has promise, because Buffalo certainly doesn't.

Also, maybe I'm a bit cynical, but I do think OTT is better off with having Eichel than they are with Stutzle and Batherson for instance. The reason is because OTT is already so filled with prospects that some of them are going to be left out without a spot simply because there isn't enough slots for all of them. If they could form a package of several great prospects to combine them into a franchise player, I absolutely think they should do it.

But as long as OTT is rebuilding, I don't think it's happening. Rebuilding teams in general want to sort their prospect pool first and then make choices about where to go next...or at least that's the picture I'm getting from Ottawa.

Regardless, the notion of Eichel's trade value diminish because his NMC is about to kick in a matter of year is wrong in my opinion. If he wants out, there's no reason for him to hinder that process. BUF won't hesitate with that decision.

We could argue all day about this.... At the end of the day if he is traded it won't be for these crazy packages that everyone insists on. So Laf and Miller are out... I would trade Fox in a heart beat knowing he would refuse to play and be traded back at a fraction of the cost. Kakko is our only Roster prospect I can see going but it would be a far smaller package then people think and BUF fans will literally cry.. Otherwise he is stuck there for awhile and with a fraction of the term he will return a fraction of the package... By then there may be all new buyers in the market
Mar. 4, 2021 at 4:01 p.m.
Buffbry
Wings and sabres say no.

We eichel costs you laf +
Mar. 4, 2021 at 4:05 p.m.
thought korzack was a lefty my b, even so lundkvists ceiling is higher than him or whitecloud imo

This statement could still be true and Vegas would easily say no. The key reason is they don't have many talented forwards in their prospect pool after Krebs and none are near his level. Krebs has significantly more value to Vegas then Lundkvist, even if Lundkvist turns out to be better.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 4:50 p.m.
VGKNation702

But does he have a higher ceiling than Krebs? The fact that you are using him as a piece to get eichel rather than him shows me that the league as a whole values Krebs more.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: VGKNation702
But does he have a higher ceiling than Krebs? The fact that you are using him as a piece to get eichel rather than him shows me that the league as a whole values Krebs more.

It's a more enticing package for buffalo given that they're trading their 1C with a relatively weak C pool, if buf disagrees I'd cut vgk out and give them nils in that deal for eichel. I'd say krebs and lundkvist have similar value but nils has a bit higher of a ceiling with what he's shown in the shl.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.
It's a more enticing package for buffalo given that they're trading their 1C with a relatively weak C pool, if buf disagrees I'd cut vgk out and give them nils in that deal for eichel. I'd say krebs and lundkvist have similar value but nils has a bit higher of a ceiling with what he's shown in the shl.

Krebs carried the Ice team on his back and then looks really solid in the AHL this season. Lundkvist is a solid prospect no doubt but I wouldn't compare their potential based on production as both of them are currently performing in professional leagues. Krebs's is going to be extremely valuable to the team with his ELC and ability to ship off or not sign one of our older forwards. The same could be said about Lundkvist but Whitecloud is cheap for a top 4 D and we already know he fits our team.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Quoting: BStinson
Krebs carried the Ice team on his back and then looks really solid in the AHL this season. Lundkvist is a solid prospect no doubt but I wouldn't compare their potential based on production as both of them are currently performing in professional leagues. Krebs's is going to be extremely valuable to the team with his ELC and ability to ship off or not sign one of our older forwards. The same could be said about Lundkvist but Whitecloud is cheap for a top 4 D and we already know he fits our team.

I mean nils is 8th in scoring among shl defensemen, which is a more challenging league than the ahl. He's also among the league leaders in ice time at 20yo. If you'd rather have krebs because of vgk forward depth I get it but I think the value is basically even maybe slight edge to nils.

Edit: Ice is western my mistake but point still stands

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll