$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
G
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$792,500$792,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000 ($125,000$125K$125,000$125K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Kings decline for a couple of reasons.

- Vilardi is the Kings best-graduated prospect, they won't sell him until it's clear Byfield and Turcotte have taken his role and he doesn't fit on the wing. Poulin could be great, but Vilardi is actively looking great in the NHL.
- The Kings aren't in a rush to lose Quick, he still looks competitive enough for the next year or so and at least better than DeSmith.
- Obtaining Pettersson is guaranteeing losing Walker, unless you protect 4 which means you lose Clague.

Kings will visit trading with the Penguins after the Seattle draft.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 7:02 p.m.
Quoting: tryger

- Vilardi is the Kings best-graduated prospect, they won't sell him until it's clear Byfield and Turcotte have taken his role and he doesn't fit on the wing. Poulin could be great, but Vilardi is actively looking great in the NHL.
- The Kings aren't in a rush to lose Quick, he still looks competitive enough for the next year or so and at least better than DeSmith.
- Obtaining Pettersson is guaranteeing losing Walker, unless you protect 4 which means you lose Clague.

Walker > Petterson IMO. They are roughly equal in skill, but Walker plays the more highly desired position.

I don't think there's room for Petterson on the Kings. He's not better than Bjornfot or Anderson. If the Kings are going to trade for a LHD, he needs to be able to play on the top pair.
tryger and OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Walker > Petterson IMO. They are roughly equal in skill, but Walker plays the more highly desired position.

I don't think there's room for Petterson on the Kings. He's not better than Bjornfot or Anderson. If the Kings are going to trade for a LHD, he needs to be able to play on the top pair.

I agree, honestly, the only edge for Petterson over Walker is that he is LD and protecting 3 RD might be something you have to look hard at if you traded for and gave up assets for an LD, but yes, Walker is cheaper and I'm not sure he has even reached his ceiling. I really don't think the Kings make any trades, I believe it was your comments that may have convinced me the Kings may protect 4 dmen.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 4, 2021 at 7:57 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
If we're trading Vilardi, it's for Marino plus.
Mar. 5, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
Quoting: tryger

DeSmith always has good SV% and GAA(Goals Against average) and is a proven a legit NHL back-up or a split time NHL 1A/1B goalie.

The price for Quick isn’t enough of an upgrade in his play over DeSmith anymore.

With C.Peterson and C.DeSmith, the Kings have a good, capable goalie combo, that doesn’t cost them barely anything against the cap.

It gives them a good situation at goalie. Which ever goalie out preforms the other, over the next two years, The Kings can resign and keep as their starter and mentor towards a goalie prospect( Both C.Peterson and C.DeSmith are UFA after 2022).
Mar. 5, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
Edited Mar. 5, 2021 at 8:07 p.m.

Petterson plays 20 plus minutes a night and is a proven top 4 LHD.

I understand a lot of West coast teams fans don’t watch or know east cost teams players. And Vica Versa.

But Pettersson is a good top 4 LHD, 24 years old. Signed this off-season to a long term, reasonable deal. He still has a lot of potential.

Has a Long reach, tough defensively and moves the puck well offensively. And still a lot of potential there.

Neither M.Anderson or Bjorkoot are as proven as Pettersson. It why Pettersson got the contract extension this off-season. Proven top 4 LHD on a play-off team.

With PO Joseph and Matheson playing well. Either Dumoulin or Pettersson is kind of expendable on the Pens D, in my opinion.

If the Pens traded Dumoulin(who is only 29 years old and I wouldn’t be mad if the Pens made this trade and it was Dumoulin instead of Pettersson), Pettersson would be the Pens top pairing LHD.

It would be Pettersson/Letang, PO Joseph/Marino, Matheson/Ruhwedel, Ceci.
Mar. 5, 2021 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Petterson plays 20 plus minutes a night and is a proven top 4 LHD.

I understand a lot of West coast teams fans don’t watch or know east cost teams players. And Vica Versa.

But Pettersson is a good top 4 LHD, 24 years old. Signed this off-season to a long term, reasonable deal. He still has a lot of potential.

Has a Long reach, tough defensively and moves the puck well offensively. And still a lot of potential there.

Neither M.Anderson or Bjorkoot are as proven as Pettersson. It why Pettersson got the contract extension this off-season. Proven top 4 LHD on a play-off team.

With PO Joseph and Matheson playing well. Either Dumoulin or Pettersson is kind of expendable on the Pens D, in my opinion.

If the Pens traded Dumoulin(who is only 29 years old and I wouldn’t be mad if the Pens made this trade and it was Dumoulin instead of Pettersson), Pettersson would be the Pens top pairing LHD.

It would be Pettersson/Letang, PO Joseph/Marino, Matheson/Ruhwedel, Ceci.

I didn't say Bjornfot or Anderson were better than Pettersson, just that Pettersson is not better than Bjornfot or Anderson. Both of those guys are young and expected to be big parts of the future in LA. I project that Bjornfot will be the next player to wear the "C" after Kopitar retires. Both have stepped up and performed exceptionally well thus far, and are 19 and 21 respectively, so they'll only be getting better. It's unclear whether either will step up to be a bonafide first-pair defenseman on a contender, but the 2D and 3D positions are covered between those two guys.

If Pettersson were on waivers and the Kings could pick him up for free, then I would say that maybe the Kings could give him he would be a good redundancy to have. However, he's not worth spending any assets to pick up.
Mar. 5, 2021 at 8:37 p.m.
DeSmith always has good SV% and GAA(Goals Against average) and is a proven a legit NHL back-up or a split time NHL 1A/1B goalie.

The price for Quick isn’t enough of an upgrade in his play over DeSmith anymore.

With C.Peterson and C.DeSmith, the Kings have a good, capable goalie combo, that doesn’t cost them barely anything against the cap.

It gives them a good situation at goalie. Which ever goalie out preforms the other, over the next two years, The Kings can resign and keep as their starter and mentor towards a goalie prospect( Both C.Peterson and C.DeSmith are UFA after 2022).

Quick doesn't actually make that money. He makes $3.5M and $2.5M in his last two seasons, respectively. The Kings are not a cap team, and won't be any time in the near future, so his inflated cap hit doesn't affect them.

Quick has been fantastic so far this season. Even if he wasn't the statistical leader in every category in Kings franchise history, he would be worth keeping around based on how well he has been playing so far. The fact that he has won the Kings two Stanley Cups while getting himself a Conn Smythe and a pair of Vezina nominations and will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, have his jersey retired by LA, and get a statue outside of Staples Center when he decides to hang it up is just extra reason to keep him around.

Unless he gets taken by Seattle in the expansion draft, Quick isn't going anywhere before his contract expires.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 4:57 a.m.
Edited Mar. 6, 2021 at 5:13 a.m.
I didn't say Bjornfot or Anderson were better than Pettersson, just that Pettersson is not better than Bjornfot or Anderson. Both of those guys are young and expected to be big parts of the future in LA. I project that Bjornfot will be the next player to wear the "C" after Kopitar retires. Both have stepped up and performed exceptionally well thus far, and are 19 and 21 respectively, so they'll only be getting better. It's unclear whether either will step up to be a bonafide first-pair defenseman on a contender, but the 2D and 3D positions are covered between those two guys.

If Pettersson were on waivers and the Kings could pick him up for free, then I would say that maybe the Kings could give him he would be a good redundancy to have. However, he's not worth spending any assets to pick up.

Lol. Pettersson on waivers.

Good luck with Anderson and Bjornfot. I hope they continue to pan out. The point is, is that Pettersson is much more proven.

A proven top 4 on a play-off team. 20 plus minutes a night. Still with more potential there.

Anderson and Bjornfot have had a ok start, not even half the season, on a last place bad team. Not impressive at all.

Play top 4, 20 plus minutes a night, and put up good numbers, for a whole season, on a winning, play-off team, in the NHL. And continue to do so in the play-offs. Then they will receive a contract like Pettersson, have Pettersson value and be considered on his level.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 4:41 p.m.
Lol. Pettersson on waivers.

Good luck with Anderson and Bjornfot. I hope they continue to pan out. The point is, is that Pettersson is much more proven.

A proven top 4 on a play-off team. 20 plus minutes a night. Still with more potential there.

Anderson and Bjornfot have had a ok start, not even half the season, on a last place bad team. Not impressive at all.

Play top 4, 20 plus minutes a night, and put up good numbers, for a whole season, on a winning, play-off team, in the NHL. And continue to do so in the play-offs. Then they will receive a contract like Pettersson, have Pettersson value and be considered on his level.

I wasn't implying that Pettersson should be on waivers. I was just saying if the Kings could acquire him without having to give up quality pieces, then they might consider it. But they're not going to give up anything of value to fill a position where they're already pretty well set. The "dynamic LHD" that they're looking to acquire needs to be significantly better than Pettersson.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll