SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

My thoughts on the game read description

Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
TOR V5 GM
So uh... the leafs weren't necessarily BAD in anyway. Thatcher Demko was playing out of his mind and he is a big factor in both canucks win. Freddie Andersen looked really bad though, the first and third goal were easy saves and the second was also stooppable. If this team wants to go deep, freddie cant put up such a bullsh*t effort
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
The 1 True GM
The Andersen apologists are already blaming Nylander for the loss.

3 of the 4 goals were very very very stoppable... anyone with eyes could see that.
LGuy54, SadSensFan14 and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
TOR V5 GM
Quoting: Sean4417

3 of the 4 goals were very very very stoppable... anyone with eyes could see that.

Yeah the hoglander one was the only not stoppable shot
This team needs a better starter, Andersen's bullsh*t
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
That's hilarious. 1st goal was a cross crease pass he had no shot on. 2nd goal was a tip on the PP it happens. The 3rd goal the puck was bouncing everywhere. It would've been nice to get a save but in no way is that on Freddy. The 4th goal was just an insane shot. Damn that kid has a shot.
BigDaddyOvech liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:20 p.m.
TOR V5 GM
Quoting: DJSums17
That's hilarious. 1st goal was a cross crease pass he had no shot on. 2nd goal was a tip on the PP it happens. The 3rd goal the puck was bouncing everywhere. It would've been nice to get a save but in no way is that on Freddy. The 4th goal was just an insane shot. Damn that kid has a shot.

Andersen could have slid across the crease and try to stop boeser. second one is debatable. third one andersen went diving like he was at a swimming pool.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.

Not on Freddy or Willy. It was a bad team effort in the last 30ish minutes in the game. Other then like 1 or 2 shifts.

Anyone who has ever played goalie can tell you that you'd like a save but in no way 100% stooppable (as the thread starter spells it). 1st was a great play that D broke down. 2nd was a tip in front and 3rd is a bouncing puck. Those 3 situations are not on Freddy.

Something I forgot to say in my last reply. Don't get me wrong I was one of the guys that said to trade Freddy in the summer and I'll get on Freddy I'd he has a bad game and he didn't look 100% comfortable tonight but those goals were not on him.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.
TOR V5 GM
Not on Freddy or Willy. It was a bad team effort in the last 30ish minutes in the game. Other then like 1 or 2 shifts.

Anyone who has ever played goalie can tell you that you'd like a save but in no way 100% stooppable (as the thread starter spells it). 1st was a great play that D broke down. 2nd was a tip in front and 3rd is a bouncing puck. Those 3 situations are not on Freddy.

Something I forgot to say in my last reply. Don't get me wrong I was one of the guys that said to trade Freddy in the summer and I'll get on Freddy I'd he has a bad game and he didn't look 100% comfortable tonight but those goals were not on him.

1 and 3 were for sure his fault
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: BenjaminWalder
Andersen could have slid across the crease and try to stop boeser. second one is debatable. third one andersen went diving like he was at a swimming pool.

Yeah sure. He could've but he was watching the shot. The cross crease pass like that is on the defence not the goalie. 3rd one he was everywhere cause he's trying to track a bouncing puck. You know the thing that's made of rubber on ice. Yeah that.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
sen krak fan
I know they need a new starter, or good backup for Campbell.
LGuy54 and MapleLeafs4ever34 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
1 and 3 were for sure his fault

I disagree. The only 1 was maybe 3rd but even that was a bouncing puck. I don't completely blame him.
LGuy54 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
boys you are tripping he played fine. The first line was lacking hard, Hyman needs to play on the first and we need to trade for a second line winger so that Kerf can play on the third
LGuy54 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:35 p.m.
The 1 True GM
Yeah sure. He could've but he was watching the shot. The cross crease pass like that is on the defence not the goalie. 3rd one he was everywhere cause he's trying to track a bouncing puck. You know the thing that's made of rubber on ice. Yeah that.

and out come the apologists making up every excuse possible...
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:37 p.m.
The 1 True GM
Quoting: GMchuckerbop
boys you are tripping he played fine. The first line was lacking hard, Hyman needs to play on the first and we need to trade for a second line winger so that Kerf can play on the third

Andersen was not fine tonight... the goalie at the other end of the ice showed exactly what kind of goaltending is needed to win. Toronto outplayed Vancouver but it was Demko making big saves when called upon that was the difference... something the Leafs dont get from Andersen
LGuy54 and MapleLeafs4ever34 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:37 p.m.
Banned
I'm sick of hearing how you "can't blame Freddie". How many goals could we have had where you couldn't have blamed Demko. It's time Freddie showed up and won his team 2 points. It's one thing to be good enough for this team to outscore the opponents, but when his team doesn't have it I have no faith in him shutting the door.
LGuy54, BulinWall and SadSensFan14 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:49 p.m.
Andersen was not fine tonight... the goalie at the other end of the ice showed exactly what kind of goaltending is needed to win. Toronto outplayed Vancouver but it was Demko making big saves when called upon that was the difference... something the Leafs dont get from Andersen

I think that you might be a little bit harsh. Not a superstar but he's an OK starter. Anyways end of season we resign Hyman and let him GO
LGuy54 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:52 p.m.
TOR V5 GM
Quoting: GMchuckerbop
I think that you might be a little bit harsh. Not a superstar but he's an OK starter. Anyways end of season we resign Hyman and let him GO

There were a couple goals freddie gave up that were easy saves, he wasnt great tonight, almost noone was. Bogosian and Brodie were good, other than that noone really did too good
Mar. 6, 2021 at 10:53 p.m.
There were a couple goals freddie gave up that were easy saves, he wasnt great tonight, almost noone was. Bogosian and Brodie were good, other than that noone really did too good

Ya I agree man the team in total was bad, it wasnt just Fred.
I also think Hyman was sick
LGuy54 liked this.
Mar. 8, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
I disagree. The only 1 was maybe 3rd but even that was a bouncing puck. I don't completely blame him.

Regardless of who was in net it was the fault of the players in front of him. Leafs in 3 games vs Oilers compared to the last two vs the Canucks is almost non-comparable. The PP looks awful, can't even really get zone time. Didn't matter who was in net if they don't find a way to give a consistent effort.
DJSums17 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll