SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

How does the NCAA tournament work?

Mar. 17, 2021 at 1:35 p.m.
I know one tournament is over with michigan beating wisconsin, but is that the end of wisconsin's season or do they have another tournament. I have heard people taking about a national tournament but what does it mean?
Mar. 17, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: HabsFan77
I know one tournament is over with michigan beating wisconsin, but is that the end of wisconsin's season or do they have another tournament. I have heard people taking about a national tournament but what does it mean?

If I'm not mistaken, the divisional winners get a bye through to the actual championship round and the remaining top 16 teams play for seeding. Single elimination until the Frozen Four are reached.

I'm not familiar with the details myself and the Wikipedia page isn't as helpful as I had hoped. Any Americans that understand the NCAA wanna chime in?
nickthehabsfan liked this.
Mar. 18, 2021 at 10:39 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Edited Mar. 18, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.
The Frozen Four is the National Championship. It's a 16-team, single elimination tournament. The 6 conference champions each get a spot and then there are 10 at-large bids (selected by a committee). The bracket will be announced on Sunday.

Edit: Wisconsin didn't win their conference tournament but they will very likely receive an at-large bid, so their season won't be over until they're eliminated from (or they win) the national tournament.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 5:09 a.m.
EST.1986
That simplified the system. Thank you. I also have problems wrapping my head around it since I only started getting interested. I have no friends who watch this, either.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll