SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

What should we do?

What should we do?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 22, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
We are down 4-2 in the series against OTTAWA. Should we fire Brad and tank? Tank for a higher pick? Keep pushing? Fire Brad and push?
Mar. 26, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
I go back 'n forth on this almost daily. But now that the quarantine is being reduced I'm leaning more towards the team making one last push before bigger actions in the summer.

Start by packaging what it takes to get Sam Reinhart out of Buffalo, throw him on the wing with 13 & 23. If it works, great but if it doesn't he's still an RFA who would have greater value if you choose not to sign him.

Based on the thoughts the club needs to win around 16 of it's final games, 9 of those are against VAN/MTL so even going .500 against the rest gives them a chance to squeak into the playoffs where anything can happen, and usually does.

My other train of thought is if you're not going to do something to help the team make a push, then don't wait for summer and start unloading now.

Rittich could be a valuable option for a lot of teams
Bennett, well Brian Burke says he loves Sam so call up the Pens and see what can be done. Pens are injury riddled and Burke knows the impact Bennett can have in the playoffs.
Monahan, I'm sure there's a few team who could find a place for a proven 30 goal guy, good PP guy heading into the playoffs. The return might not be what it once could've been, but opening up $6.35M in cap space heading to the summer would be a huge help.
Giordano, just expose him to Seattle and pray they take him and his cap hit too.....or Lucic.

Last, or first thing I'd do is finally relieve Treliving of his duties and give the job to Conroy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit