SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Idea - The ability to do multiple years of ACGM in one post

Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Edited Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:35 p.m.
Would anyone else like this feature? I figure this would be very difficult to add but I'll share the idea anyway

When I want to make an ACGM for the next 2 seasons (a 2021-22 part, and a 2022-23 part), it takes a lot of additional effort. For example, as an Oilers fan, I sign RNH to a 6 year deal on the 2021-22 post, and then have to sign him to the same deal at 5 seasons on the 2022-23 post. So on the 2022-23 post, I have to resign all the guys I signed in the 2021-22 post a 2nd time with one less year on their deal, and sign all of the guys I want to keep who expired in 2022-23. Some people like to layout a hypothetical plan for multiple seasons, and a feature that lets you do that easier would be helpful

This is how I see this feature working. Say I wanted to do an ACGM for this season, until the 2022-23 season. Maybe I do a few deadline moves during the 2020-21 season. When I'm done with the current season, I can click a button that says "Next Season" or something like that. Everyone's contracts would lose 1 year as we move to the next season. I would resign, trade, create that season's lines, and once again click the "Next Season" button, and the cycle can repeat. You could go back and forth between seasons to change parts of the plan, each season having it's own page. For people viewing the post, there could be a section for each season, with trades, lines, cap breakdown, etc.. from each individual year, to clearly show what happened in each season (trades, signings, etc..) The comment section would be under the single post containing multiple seasons so people can discuss the multi-year plan in once place
A_Habs_fan, Fox_Czar_Cup, Friendly_Giant and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
Quoting: McDavidFan97
Would anyone else like this feature? I figure this would be very difficult to add but I'll share the idea anyway

When I want to make an ACGM for the next 2 seasons (a 2021-22 part, and a 2022-23 part), it takes a lot of additional effort. For example, as an Oilers fan, I sign RNH to a 6 year deal on the 2021-22 post, and then have to sign him to the same deal at 5 seasons on the 2022-23 post. So on the 2022-23 post, I have to resign all the guys I signed in the 2021-22 post a 2nd time with one less year on their deal, and sign all of the guys I want to keep who expired in 2022-23. Some people like to layout a hypothetical plan for multiple seasons, and a feature that lets you do that easier would be helpful

This is how I see this feature working. Say I wanted to do an ACGM for this season, until the 2022-23 season. Maybe I do a few deadline moves during the 2020-21 season. When I'm done with the current season, I can click a button that says "Next Season" or something like that. Everyone's contracts would lose 1 year as we move to the next season. I would resign, trade, create that season's lines, and once again click the "Next Season" button, and the cycle can repeat. You could go back and forth between seasons to change parts of the plan, each season having it's own page. For people viewing the post, there could be a section for each season, with trades, lines, cap breakdown, etc.. from each individual year, to clearly show what happened in each season (trades, signings, etc..) The comment section would be under the single post containing multiple seasons so people can discuss the multi-year plan in once place

Certainly would be a cool feature, but probably won't happen for some time due to the time that woud have to be put in this
McDavidFan97 liked this.
Jun. 17, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Try, try, again
Quoting: McDavidFan97

I sort of had the same idea. Each season would start off with the roster you left off with in the previous season instead of starting all over again. That would be awesome.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll