SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Is this fair

Created by: onion
Published: Mar. 28, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 27/116 (23%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Nashville PredatorsNashville Predators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Forsberg, FilipNashville PredatorsNHL-$1,396,551111---0000--
Granlund, MikaelNashville PredatorsNHL-$872,844111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Nylander, WilliamToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$1,620,550111---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$814,655111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$2,115,0302345663611
Change-$165,810000000
Final$1,949,220 (↓)2345663611000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Nylander, WilliamToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$1,620,550111---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$814,655111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Forsberg, FilipNashville PredatorsNHL-$1,396,551111---0000--
Granlund, MikaelNashville PredatorsNHL-$872,844111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$129,5002244703511
Change$165,810000000
Final$295,310 (↑)2244703511000
Mar. 28, 2021 at 4:42 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
It's bad for Toronto but Nsh would do it. I'm sure there's tons of Leaf fans who think this is good for them so maybe you can trick Dubas.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 5:14 p.m.
Sir
Quoting: reelkena
It's bad for Toronto but Nsh would do it. I'm sure there's tons of Leaf fans who think this is good for them so maybe you can trick Dubas.

Just curious why you think it is bad for the leafs? Forsberg is a solid player and brings more to the table than William does. Is it because of the contract lengths etc. I know Elliott Friedman and I think Danny Murphy last reported in February the below:

"Rumors are swirling all over the place saying that Toronto and the Nashville Predators are in talks on a blockbuster deal. The Maple Leafs would receive Filip Forsberg in exchange for William Nylander, Travis Dermott, and Timothy Liljegren."

Which seems to be overkill in my eyes - I mean Forsberg is better, but its not a landslide diference.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
No because Willie is locked up long term, while granlund is a pending ufa and Forsberg only has one more year so you would be giving up a ton of control.

Only certain Leafs fans don't realize how good Willie is too.
reelkena liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 6:50 p.m.
Quoting: Hobo
Just curious why you think it is bad for the leafs? Forsberg is a solid player and brings more to the table than William does. Is it because of the contract lengths etc. I know Elliott Friedman and I think Danny Murphy last reported in February the below:

"Rumors are swirling all over the place saying that Toronto and the Nashville Predators are in talks on a blockbuster deal. The Maple Leafs would receive Filip Forsberg in exchange for William Nylander, Travis Dermott, and Timothy Liljegren."

If you do this, it's bigger. Nylander, Kerfoot, Dermott, Liljgren, 21 1st, 22 2nd for Forsberg, Granlund, Ekholm

Which seems to be overkill in my eyes - I mean Forsberg is better, but its not a landslide diference.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies

If you do this, it's bigger. Nylander, Kerfoot, Dermott, Liljgren, 21 1st, 22 2nd for Forsberg, Granlund, Ekholm
Mar. 28, 2021 at 7:53 p.m.
I'm not a huge fan of Willie, but I accept him for what he is..... an offensive player that'll score you high end points, but won't back check most of the time, and isn't physical. I can accept that, but the cap hell we're under due to the Tavares contract makes him the one to move to allow for up and coming talent to be paid their dues, I'd love to keep him, but he's the easiest to move in the big 4
Hobo liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 7:55 p.m.
Sir
Quoting: Rhea
No because Willie is locked up long term, while granlund is a pending ufa and Forsberg only has one more year so you would be giving up a ton of control.

Only certain Leafs fans don't realize how good Willie is too.

Ok so its more the contract and control aspect which I can appreciate for sure - just was curious as the talent levels and players involved are solid etc.
Rhea and reelkena liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 7:57 p.m.
Sir
I'm not a huge fan of Willie, but I accept him for what he is..... an offensive player that'll score you high end points, but won't back check most of the time, and isn't physical. I can accept that, but the cap hell we're under due to the Tavares contract makes him the one to move to allow for up and coming talent to be paid their dues, I'd love to keep him, but he's the easiest to move in the big 4

I hear you on that front - I had someone in these forums telling me Willie was hard nosed and crashes the net and wasn't a soft offensive minded player - happy to see some fans all dont have rose coloured glasses on and call a spade a spade for what he offers.
onion and Dutchies liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 9:21 p.m.
I hear you on that front - I had someone in these forums telling me Willie was hard nosed and crashes the net and wasn't a soft offensive minded player - happy to see some fans all dont have rose coloured glasses on and call a spade a spade for what he offers.

LOL, I accepted him for who he was years ago. He's not tough, he's not gonna bang, he's not gonna go into the corners. He's a peripheral player who has a great shot, speed and play amking ability. You need to surround him with a playmaker, and a defensive minded banger for him to be successful.
Hobo liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 10:23 p.m.
LOL, I accepted him for who he was years ago. He's not tough, he's not gonna bang, he's not gonna go into the corners. He's a peripheral player who has a great shot, speed and play amking ability. You need to surround him with a playmaker, and a defensive minded banger for him to be successful.

Yep but if you do you are set. There are times when he is flying all over the place and back checking like mad, but some times he really pisses me off. I recognize his talent, I really do, but **** he frustrates me. I try to watch him with an open mind and he has so much potential but we also need to see it consistently. That being said his contract is good so I would hesitate to trade him unless the trade is fantastic.

I still think he will figure it out and be dominant one day.
Dutchies and Hobo liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.

I'm not sure it is rose colored glasses to recognize his potential and watch how he has taken over games himself though.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 10:33 p.m.
ignoring all the talk that sounds like its just people who don't really pay attention to games...

the forsberg talk came from the idea of Leafs wanting to add ANOTHER top 6 forward, not just swap top 6 forwards, this deal makes no sense
reelkena liked this.
Mar. 28, 2021 at 10:48 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms

Here's the issue with that.

He's not a member of the big 4. Because there isn't a big 4. There's a big 3. Three contracts that are unsustainable as a group and one guy paid properly. If you move 7 million out and pick up 6 million, how do you afford Zach now and Morgan in a year? How do you afford depth when your "old men will play for free" group retires.

If trading Willy opened up cap space for the leafs it would be fine. But it doesn't. Tavares has a no trade and Matthews is a top 4 goal scorer in the NHL at worst. You move Marner or you don't move anyone at the top. It has nothing to do with skill if Willy is making the 4 million less than Mitch that you need to use on other guys. You can't just cycle through mid tier contracts trying to make money appear. It comes from Mitch or you let people walk and hope Dubas can keep signing KHL studs for league min.
Dutchies liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 2:17 a.m.
Sir
I'm not sure it is rose colored glasses to recognize his potential and watch how he has taken over games himself though.

Fair - but I mean he has raw talent and skill - but his ability to take over a game is a "what if" right now. Perhaps you get it tonight or maybe in a couple weeks. The rose coloured glasses where more to think that he is a tough player going to the net, screening goalies, going into corners etc. He is a softer player with raw talent and skill and it you pair him up with a play making two way center, he will be setup for more success.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 9:54 a.m.
Fair - but I mean he has raw talent and skill - but his ability to take over a game is a "what if" right now. Perhaps you get it tonight or maybe in a couple weeks. The rose coloured glasses where more to think that he is a tough player going to the net, screening goalies, going into corners etc. He is a softer player with raw talent and skill and it you pair him up with a play making two way center, he will be setup for more success.

Well there were a few games last week where he did pretty much take over, but yeah the perimeter stuff drives me nuts and shoot...the...****' ing...puck...too. The whole team is so guilty of passing up shot attempts for a fancy pass. That makes my want to punch my TV.

And while we're at it...Rielly can you learn to shoot properly please? He took a slap shot the other day and I almost spit my beer out, I couldn't believe it. Right away my friend texted me and said "Holy crap did you see that?" smile
Hobo liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:28 a.m.
Sir
Well there were a few games last week where he did pretty much take over, but yeah the perimeter stuff drives me nuts and shoot...the...****' ing...puck...too. The whole team is so guilty of passing up shot attempts for a fancy pass. That makes my want to punch my TV.

And while we're at it...Rielly can you learn to shoot properly please? He took a slap shot the other day and I almost spit my beer out, I couldn't believe it. Right away my friend texted me and said "Holy crap did you see that?" smile

Yeah fair - well the Bruins are happy to move your Craig Smith - he shoots from anywhere and even in times he shouldn't shoot - he has the opposite problem (and fair less raw talent lol).

well you should bring Barrie back to pair up with Reilly (sorry low blow, I know). I am hoping we do get some trades at deadline - I always make jokes at work saying NHL trade deadline should be a civic holiday in Canada LOL
Rhea liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll