Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:41 p.m.
Love Freddy Andersen
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
I think it's a pretty safe bet they will make the playoffs

i hope so but u never know they could slip to 4th or something bad like that
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs4ever
Impossible but u never know they the leafs

The environment isn’t that toxic and team not that bad. Buffalo sucks the soul out of any talented player that arrrives. Sometimes takes a bit but eventually the reaper that resides there takes it.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:43 p.m.
Banned
i hope so but u never know they could slip to 4th or something bad like that

They are better than Edmonton and Winnipeg and it's just a small skid that slowed them down. They'll pull away again.
tsyls and Leafs4ever liked this.
man you leafs fans need to relax a little bit, every team has their struggles, you don’t need to make a “World is Ending” post every time you lose....

It’s almost a guarantee you make the playoffs. Just be happy you’re not a sabres fan.
YOU JUST CONTRIBUTED TO THE 2020-21 KRIS RUSSELL NORRIS CAMPAIGN
Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:44 p.m.
Trad Breliving
I didn’t think they played bad tonight. The second EDM goal was just an unlucky bounce.

Shot from the point, was going to miss by a country mile but as Turris tried to get out to the way, it hit his knee and went in.

If that doesn’t go in, I think the Leafs win this game.

Oh well, that’s just the game of hockey. A point is still a point and hopefully they bring it for their game against Winnipeg on Wednesday.

I do want to see a lot more physicality though. Not dirty, just throw the body. You have the momentum, use it. Don’t take a charging or an interference, but knock the guy on his a*s. Simmonds, Brodie, Muzzin, Tavares, anyone. I wanna see teams not be able to just throw the Leafs around like they usually do.

Sometimes all it takes is a fight and the team gets all the momentum they need to win.

Side note: I have gained so much respect for Justin Holl. He’s not the most stable or the strongest guy, but he hasn’t been afraid to stick up for him and his team.
Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:44 p.m.
Love Freddy Andersen
Quoting: tsyls
man you leafs fans need to relax a little bit, every team has their struggles, you don’t need to make a “World is Ending” post every time you lose....

It’s almost a guarantee you make the playoffs. Just be happy you’re not a sabres fan.

i guess but u can never know with them man, Sometimes they hot and sometimes they go very cold. Im just concerned with he goalie tandem
tsyls liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
Currently the Leafs have a 99.3% chance of making the playoffs according to MoneyPuck's model.
Leafs4ever and Octopus_Guy liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
YOU JUST GOT MIKE SMITH'D

(in all seriousness, Oilers were outplayed for a majority of the game. I really hope we don't play the TML in round 1, good game)
Leafs4ever, Saskleaf, CeciGOAT and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:46 p.m.
Love Freddy Andersen
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
I didn’t think they played bad tonight. The second EDM goal was just an unlucky bounce.

Shot from the point, was going to miss by a country mile but as Turris tried to get out to the way, it hit his knee and went in.

If that doesn’t go in, I think the Leafs win this game.

Oh well, that’s just the game of hockey. A point is still a point and hopefully they bring it for their game against Winnipeg on Wednesday.

I do want to see a lot more physicality though. Not dirty, just throw the body. You have the momentum, use it. Don’t take a charging or an interference, but knock the guy on his a*s. Simmonds, Brodie, Muzzin, Tavares, anyone. I wanna see teams not be able to just throw the Leafs around like they usually do.

Sometimes all it takes is a fight and the team gets all the momentum they need to win.

Side note: I have gained so much respect for Justin Holl. He’s not the most stable or the strongest guy, but he hasn’t been afraid to stick up for him and his team.

Justin Holl is a beast. Good game but could be so much better. Physicality to draw momentum is crucial and tire them out a bit you know?
Lets get it Wednesday
Love Freddy Andersen
Quoting: Sagecoll
Currently the Leafs have a 99.3% chance of making the playoffs according to MoneyPuck's model.

good
Love Freddy Andersen
Quoting: McDavidFan97
YOU JUST GOT MIKE SMITH'D

(in all seriousness, Oilers were outplayed for a majority of the game. I really hope we don't play the TML in round 1, good game)

Im a Leafer and 2nd favorite team oilers lived there 12 years. So by no means im mad at the result Smitty has been INSANE this year
McDavidFan97 liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 10:58 p.m.
Banned
They are better than Edmonton and Winnipeg and it's just a small skid that slowed them down. They'll pull away again.

EDM is playing rope a dope. They have another gear.
Can't say that TOR does. EDM is one of the most dangerous teams in the playoffs this year. Because their high end talent can steal series.
They can will games, and you really aren't seeing a lot of that yet. But you will come playoff time.
Every other team in the whole league is what it is. But I think EDM is the one team no one wants to play. Because if they want to take over, they will. Not much anyone else can do about it either.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: pharrow
Can't say that TOR does. EDM is one of the most dangerous teams in the playoffs this year. Because their high end talent can steal series.
They can will games, and you really aren't seeing a lot of that yet. But you will come playoff time.
Every other team in the whole league is what it is. But I think EDM is the one team no one wants to play. Because if they want to take over, they will. Not much anyone else can do about it either.

Well, they've certainly shown that in the past, haven't they.
Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:02 p.m.
Go leafs go

THANK you. Sometimes I think I should just become a full time jets fan simply because leafs fans lose their minds after every loss.
Some how they don't realize even the best teams lose games. Like Tampa, when they got 62 wins (tying an nhl record) They still lost 20 games that season...
tsyls liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:05 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
THANK you. Sometimes I think I should just become a full time jets fan simply because leafs fans lose their minds after every loss.
Some how they don't realize even the best teams lose games. Like Tampa, when they got 62 wins (tying an nhl record) They still lost 20 games that season...

I believe there was also a first-round exit, that record-setting season.
Saskleaf and Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:11 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: pharrow

Edmonton is playing rope a dope? They stars haven't won them many games yet? This is about as far off the mark as anyone can get. McDavid is the Oilers. Hold him in check and they have no hope at all. In the season series vs the Leafs. McDavid and Draisaitl have more points than the rest of the team combined. And TO is 6-1-2 against them. Edmonton has beat up Ottawa (yeah I know they have been a tough out for TO for some reason but whatever) but Edmonton is not a team who's scary. Does anyone really think Smith is going to be as good as he's been for the whole season and playoffs? Will McDavid go deep when of he doesn't get 2 + points the Oilers have literally no chance of winning? They don't scare me at all. Winnipeg is more scary since they have the best goalie in the North. And they get destroyed every game but he wins them games constantly. TO will get healthy in net and things will turn around. I bet they'll distance themselves from Winnipeg over the next several weaks.
Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:15 p.m.
Banned
Edmonton is playing rope a dope? They stars haven't won them many games yet? This is about as far off the mark as anyone can get. McDavid is the Oilers. Hold him in check and they have no hope at all. In the season series vs the Leafs. McDavid and Draisaitl have more points than the rest of the team combined. And TO is 6-1-2 against them. Edmonton has beat up Ottawa (yeah I know they have been a tough out for TO for some reason but whatever) but Edmonton is not a team who's scary. Does anyone really think Smith is going to be as good as he's been for the whole season and playoffs? Will McDavid go deep when of he doesn't get 2 + points the Oilers have literally no chance of winning? They don't scare me at all. Winnipeg is more scary since they have the best goalie in the North. And they get destroyed every game but he wins them games constantly. TO will get healthy in net and things will turn around. I bet they'll distance themselves from Winnipeg over the next several weaks.

*Weeks* and I agree 100%.
Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:20 p.m.
Banned
Justin Holl is a beast. Good game but could be so much better. Physicality to draw momentum is crucial and tire them out a bit you know?
Lets get it Wednesday

There are times when I do wish they would hit a guy but I also think hitting is overrated. A lot of players hit people and just put themselves out of position. Also if you have the puck it's hard to hit people. That being said, Engvall and Mikheyev really need to hit guys and I would love to see Nylander just get mad and throw a hit. Just every once in a while to make guys think it could happen.
Leafs4ever liked this.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:34 p.m.
Banned

another TOR fan wanting to trash EDM goaltending when TOR goaltending sucks just as bad if not worse.

No one is saying EDM isn't lead by their star players. You really miss the point here. They have another gear, a totally different level, and no you haven't really seen it yet. They are 24-25 years old now. They are hitting their peek years. You have not really seen them will games yet. Yes they are winning their team games, they are scoring points. Lots of players do that. But they are not willing them yet, which is something few players have ever been able to do. There is a difference between scoring points and winning games and willing them. It's a whole different level of determination, effort, and being that much better than everyone else on the ice. They can do that, the talent is there, it is their time and they know it. You can see it, they are on the cusp of figuring that out. That no one can stop them and they will just take it. No matter who else is on the ice. Every team in the league is looking at them and thinking, I don't want to be on the ice when they decide they are going to just take games over. Because it doesn't matter what your plan is, or who your players are. You're going to lose. That next level is there, it's in the tank. They are just waiting to use it.
Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 29, 2021 at 11:41 p.m.

its just this guy, like we got a point that game with our 3rd goalie against 2 of the best wings in the NHL. Lets be real we should have won but the hockey gods gifted turris the tip of the century

like how is 1 loss in OT resulting in us missing the playoffs

heres a fun fact in 9 games against edmonton we are

6-1-2 (14/18 points and only 1 loss in regulation) yet this guys making it look as if we went 1-6-2

Also can we get some new refs pls as now they letting intent to injure plays go now
tsyls liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll