SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Stop Chasing Goalies

Created by: reelkena
Published: Apr. 3, 2021 at 4:33 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 35/116 (30%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $5,850,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: -$1,658,333
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidColumbus Blue JacketsNHL50%$2,125,000111---0000--
Sherwood, KoleWaivers ExemptColumbus Blue JacketsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kerfoot, AlexanderToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$3,500,000111---0000--
Liljegren, TimothyWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsTaxi Squad-$0011---0000--
Der-Arguchintsev, SemyonWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,508,3332344603412
Change-$1,375,000011000
Final$6,133,333 (↓)2345 (↑)61 (↑)3412000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kerfoot, AlexanderToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$1,056,034111---0000--
Liljegren, TimothyWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsTaxi Squad-$0011---0000--
Der-Arguchintsev, SemyonWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidColumbus Blue JacketsNHL50%$641,164111---0000--
Sherwood, KoleWaivers ExemptColumbus Blue JacketsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$184,8452244703511
Change$414,8700-1-1000
Final$599,715 (↑)2243 (↓)69 (↓)3511000
Apr. 3, 2021 at 5:04 p.m.
Don't go chasing waterfalls?
reelkena liked this.
Apr. 3, 2021 at 5:20 p.m.
Dunno i was worried when Campbell was limping last last night.
Apr. 3, 2021 at 5:47 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Rhea
Dunno i was worried when Campbell was limping last last night.

so rest your guys for 3 games play Hutch, go 1-2 and then have a healthy tandem and crush the division.
Apr. 3, 2021 at 9:00 p.m.
Quoting: reelkena
so rest your guys for 3 games play Hutch, go 1-2 and then have a healthy tandem and crush the division.

I'm really not sure what is up with Freddy though because he isn't even skating. I have a feeling its worse than they are letting on and of JC can't stay healthy...yikes
Apr. 3, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
I'm really not sure what is up with Freddy though because he isn't even skating. I have a feeling its worse than they are letting on and of JC can't stay healthy...yikes

If you're right, then obviously they would need to do something. But I'm not in for trading based on speculation of a possible injury.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 1:02 a.m.
Drover006
Freddie is hurt. He's been hurt. Campbell is hurt but he can still play and play well. A goalie that we can get that fits with cap and don't cost alot would be a good idea.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:12 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: DroverD2
Freddie is hurt. He's been hurt. Campbell is hurt but he can still play and play well. A goalie that we can get that fits with cap and don't cost alot would be a good idea.

"A goalie that we can get that fits with cap and don't cost alot" - Doesn't exist or is comparable to Hutchinson and isn't what Leaf fans are pitching.

"GeT rId Of FrEdDy!!! trade him for Kuemper and we'll give you a 6th round pick because you want Freddy and don't want your starter." Is

You should not be focused on goaltending because either your guys get healthy and you run with them or they don't and you can't make cap room in time because they're not going LTIR in the next week.

Thinking about an issue that may arise without a possible solution is futile and detrimental.
Rhea liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 11:10 a.m.
Drover006
"A goalie that we can get that fits with cap and don't cost alot" - Doesn't exist or is comparable to Hutchinson and isn't what Leaf fans are pitching.

"GeT rId Of FrEdDy!!! trade him for Kuemper and we'll give you a 6th round pick because you want Freddy and don't want your starter." Is

You should not be focused on goaltending because either your guys get healthy and you run with them or they don't and you can't make cap room in time because they're not going LTIR in the next week.

Thinking about an issue that may arise without a possible solution is futile and detrimental.

There is a few goalies who don't cost alot cap wise and can get with a pick so idk what your on about it not existing. And this is a problem now so.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
There is a few goalies who don't cost alot cap wise and can get with a pick so idk what your on about it not existing. And this is a problem now so.

Any goalie you would be talking about would not be an upgrade over Hutchinson
Apr. 4, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Drover006
Any goalie you would be talking about would not be an upgrade over Hutchinson

You are so wrong
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:22 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Edited Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:33 p.m.
You are so wrong

Who is good that you can get for a garbage pick? Name them.

Having terrible years and not an upgrade/difficult to make cap for.

Rinne
Dubnyk
Miller
Hutton
Rittich
Elliott
Dell
Pickard
Koskinen
Greiss

Goalies that would cost way more than Toronto should consider

Reimer/Mrazek
Raanta
Ullmark (yes he's playing well, it's not his fault his team can't score)
Driedger
Kuemper

Unavailable as their teams are competing for playoff spots

Halak
Grubauer
Brossoit
Smith
Nilsson

Goalies that may be in the range

Bernier (except Yzerman is notorious for asking way too much for his players)

Toronto cannot take goalies with term as the cost will also exceed this scenario.

@Rhea @Dutchies Am I missing anything?
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
Drover006

Rinne
Dubnyk
Miller
Hutton
Rittich
Elliott
Dell
Pickard
Koskinen
Greiss

Reimer/Mrazek
Raanta
Driedger
Kuemper

Halak
Grubauer
Brossoit
Smith
Nilsson

Toronto cannot take goalies with term as the cost will also exceed this scenario.

Riemer is the goalie I think we would go for. He won't cost a whole bunch to get either so. And Canes may be open to trading him out of Mrazek and they're rookie G
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Riemer is the goalie I think we would go for. He won't cost a whole bunch to get either so. And Canes may be open to trading him out of Mrazek and they're rookie G

Yes Reimer may be available.

No he wont be cheap just because they have 3.

Other teams are in more need and can pay for him/not make them take back money.

Also saying "you're so wrong" and rebutting with one guy and deciding his worth arbitrarily kinda makes my point. You did say "a few goalies" so you gotta have more than one option or it becomes a sellers market.

Also there is no expectation that Reimer would do better or be comfortable in a second go around in Toronto.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:24 p.m.
Drover006
Yes Reimer may be available.

No he wont be cheap just because they have 3.

Other teams are in more need and can pay for him/not make them take back money.

Also saying "you're so wrong" and rebutting with one guy and deciding his worth arbitrarily kinda makes my point. You did say "a few goalies" so you gotta have more than one option or it becomes a sellers market.

Also there is no expectation that Reimer would do better or be comfortable in a second go around in Toronto.

It was one example my guy. The defence and whole team is a lot better than what Riemer had in front of him talking about your last point.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:51 p.m.

Rinne
Dubnyk
Miller
Hutton
Rittich
Elliott
Dell
Pickard
Koskinen
Greiss

Reimer/Mrazek
Raanta
Driedger
Kuemper

Halak
Grubauer
Brossoit
Smith
Nilsson

I think you're pretty much spot on. Gotta clear cap to make a decent move. Problem is, most fans of teams on this forum over value their players, and feel that other teams owe them to give up value for what they may feel are good players, but are really just depth guys. This goes for the majority of team fans, not just with the Leafs / Habs / Canucks. "Oh ****, you shoulda seen that goal Vesey scored in practice! We should be able to package him with a first and get Eichel! And don't worry, Buffalo isn't going anywhere, so they'll cover half his salary too....."

It's going to be extremely tough for the Leafs to find someone. They're pretty much secure in a playoff spot, and can beat EDM / WPG. Let Freddy heal, Let Soupy heal. run a few games in a row with Hutch. If we lose, we're still making the playoffs. Get guys healthy. And if an opportunity presents itself to upgrade, go for it. But don't be trading firsts and top prospects to fill the void. Fill the other holes we need first, like a big bottom 2 D man and some depth forwards. AND PROTECT YOUR F(&()&* GOALIE. A guy runs (or even brushes your goalie, take the 2 game suspension and make sure he never does it again.
reelkena liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:56 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
It was one example my guy. The defence and whole team is a lot better than what Riemer had in front of him talking about your last point.

Then give me more examples. If you have several.

Bernier will cost more than you think as will Reimer. Especially if they are taking money back. I would have to be missing someone that i didn't cover
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Dutchies
I think you're pretty much spot on. Gotta clear cap to make a decent move. Problem is, most fans of teams on this forum over value their players, and feel that other teams owe them to give up value for what they may feel are good players, but are really just depth guys. This goes for the majority of team fans, not just with the Leafs / Habs / Canucks. "Oh ****, you shoulda seen that goal Vesey scored in practice! We should be able to package him with a first and get Eichel! And don't worry, Buffalo isn't going anywhere, so they'll cover half his salary too....."

It's going to be extremely tough for the Leafs to find someone. They're pretty much secure in a playoff spot, and can beat EDM / WPG. Let Freddy heal, Let Soupy heal. run a few games in a row with Hutch. If we lose, we're still making the playoffs. Get guys healthy. And if an opportunity presents itself to upgrade, go for it. But don't be trading firsts and top prospects to fill the void. Fill the other holes we need first, like a big bottom 2 D man and some depth forwards. AND PROTECT YOUR F(&()&* GOALIE. A guy runs (or even brushes your goalie, take the 2 game suspension and make sure he never does it again.

I want to hug this comment
Dutchies liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.

No that's pretty much it. The only thing would be a team trading a goalie with term for a good prospect and pick and eating Freddy but that would he near impossible.
Dutchies and reelkena liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Edited Apr. 4, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
No that's pretty much it. The only thing would be a team trading a goalie with term for a good prospect and pick and eating Freddy but that would he near impossible.

The point of my comment was that you don't want to move a prospect and have to pay a premium for eating money here because that's all based on a possibility of one of your guys staying injured but you wont know that until after the deadline. So that can't be a factor in Dubas' process. It would have to be a very cheap 3rd stringer that is an upgrade on Hutch and since I don't believe that exists, Tor should not focus on goaltending at the deadline. Then I got told I was so wrong and Reimer would only cost a medium pick. Which is wrong.

Please remember, I don't even like the Leafs. but if I can know this much about teams I don't like, I don't know why a Leafs fan thinks they know more than me about Carolina's price on Reimer.

Colorado
Boston (if Rask's LTIR is as bad as it looks)
Edmonton
And maybe Philly if they still think they can make it

Will all outbid Toronto for Reimer/Mrazek, Bernier, Kuemper/Raanta, Ullmark and Driedger.

And not all of them are even for sale those are just maybes.
Dutchies and Rhea liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
The point of my comment was that you don't want to move a prospect and have to pay a premium for eating money here because that's all based on a possibility of one of your guys staying injured but you wont know that until after the deadline. So that can't be a factor in Dubas' process. It would have to be a very cheap 3rd stringer that is an upgrade on Hutch and since I don't believe that exists, Tor should not focus on goaltending at the deadline. Then I got told I was so wrong and Reimer would only cost a medium pick. Which is wrong.

Please remember, I don't even like the Leafs. but if I can know this much about teams I don't like, I don't know why a Leafs fan thinks they know more than me about Carolina's price on Reimer.

Reimer has played his way into being a 1B goaltender, which is surprising after what the Leafs did to him. Teams that need goaltending are gonna pay. And they aren't giving the Leafs a deal, esp after they took on Patty's contract a couple years ago. In fact, we owe them one, so the price will be higher lol
reelkena and Rhea liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms

@Dutchies @Rhea after that second goal... maybe they need an upgrade. smile
Dutchies liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 9:46 p.m.
@Dutchies @Rhea after that second goal... maybe they need an upgrade. smile

After seeing that, I almost went back and deleted this entire thread to get rid of the evidence. First one, no one is stopping, second my Oma could have stopped
reelkena liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Dutchies
After seeing that, I almost went back and deleted this entire thread to get rid of the evidence. First one, no one is stopping, second my Oma could have stopped

Hopefully the guy they picked up from Columbus can be a tolerable 3rd stringer because if they decide to overpay for a goalie it's gonna kill any chance at getting anybody else.
Dutchies liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
Hopefully the guy they picked up from Columbus can be a tolerable 3rd stringer because if they decide to overpay for a goalie it's gonna kill any chance at getting anybody else.

I was just gonna say, time to give VV a shot.
reelkena liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 11:18 p.m.

I think Hutch read our comments during the 1st intermission......
reelkena liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll