SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2021 "End of March" Mock Draft

2021 "End of March" Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Zinger
Published: Apr. 4, 2021 at 2:39 p.m.
Description
I'm four days late but here it is. My 2021 End of March Mock Draft. I apologize to @Devil1122 for promising a Mock Draft on the last day of March, but here it is now.

I will be picking the teams and where they pick based off the standings and I tossed in Seattle.

This mock is based mostly off team needs, and I will give a description on why the team takes them and a description on the player.

Pick 15 is the Coyotes who had to forfeit their pick.

If you don't understand why a specific team picks at a specific spot, It's not my say, it's the standings which may have change over time as this was a multi-day project for me.

Enjoy!
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Buffalo Sabres- The Sabres take Beniers here because he is just the consensus 1st overall pick. He would likely be their 2C if he can't dethrone Eichel off 1C, but with his amazing speed, I could see him trying out the wing. Beniers is an intelligent and quick 2-way center. He is helpful on both ends of the ice, which right now, can definitely benefit the Sabres as the need help really everywhere. If he can play on the left wing, imagine Beniers-Eichel-Cozens. Nasty. With USA in the U20-WJC he really caught my eye. I'd watch him constantly zip up and down the ice makes the right plays. With USA, in 7 Games he posted 3 points (1G, 2A). This past season he played for University of Michigan, where he recorded 24 points (10 G, 14 A) in 24 games. As of right now, Beniers is not playing, so for now, we will just have to sit and wait and see if holds his spot at 1st overall.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedAnaheim Ducks- They could use a top winger prospect. Eklund can play on either wing which is good flexibility for the Ducks. Not the biggest guy, standing at 5'10 and 172 pounds, but he has the skill to make up for it. If the Ducks hang on to Rakell, I could see a top line of Eklund-Zegras-Rakell at some point in the future. He is currently playing with Djugardens IF in the SHL and has 23 points (11G, 12A) in 40 Games so far this season. Remember, the SHL is the top league in Sweden and he is putting up these numbers as a smaller and younger guy playing against men.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Detroit Red Wings- The wings go with a Dman here. They take the top LHD because they already have their future top RHD in Seider. Hughes as many of you already know is the 3rd Hughes brother, so it is great for him to come from a big hockey family with the expectations already high. He is an offensive defenseman, so he can help on both aspects for the wings. Imagine Hughes and Seider playing together on the same pair. That would be absolutely insane. Luke Hughes would be quite the fit because he was born in Michigan, played bantam hockey there, and is committed to University of Michigan for next season.. This season, he is playing with the US program and he has recorded 49 Points (10G, 39A) in 56 Games.
4Logo of the Boston Bruins-Seattle Kraken- Here, the Kraken just take the best player available. Clarke is the top RHD of the draft for sure. He has definitely regained his status that he lost when he began playing in Europe. Clarke can definitely fit in with an expansion team and bolster the Krakens defense. Last season, with the Barrie Colts in the OHL, he put up 38 points (6G, 32A) in 57 Games. Pretty good as a 16 year old for most of the season. So far this season, he has 15 Points (5G, 10A) in 26 Games. Also, a great time for Clarke to get picked, so the Sens don't have to take yet another Defenseman at 5 as I can't see Clarke going any lower.
5Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Ottawa Senators- As I previously said, the Sens don't need anymore defense prospects, so they pick the best forward available in Dylan Guenther. Guenther is an elite right winger with a deadly wrister. He can play on a line with Stutzle and Tkachuk in the future. Now that would be deadly. He has 2 points per game this season so far with the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL with 9 goals and 9 assists for 18 Points in 9 games. Guenther is an elite sniper who can help drive the Sens offense.
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-New Jersey Devils- Looking at the devils, they're pretty much set everywhere for the future. On center they have Hughes and Hischier. On wing, they have Holtz, Mercer, and Foote. On defense they have Smith and Mukhamadullin, and they have a pretty good starter in Blackwood. So, the best solution is that they take the best player available in Kent Johnson. Johnson is an offensive-minded center. I could also see him playing on the wing. He is a treat to watch play and my favorite part of his play are his smooth hands. This season, he played with University of Michigan and totaled 27 points (9G, 18A) in 26 Games.
7Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Vancouver Canucks- Here, the Canucks take an elite winger in Fabian Lysell. He has a great skillset that he is showing off in the Swedish leagues. I could see him playing on the top line with Petey and Boeser. He's not the biggest guy, but just like Eklund, his great shot, speed, and skill make up for it. Lysell loves the game and works hard. This season, he played in the J20 Nationell and SHL. In the J20, with Frolunda HC, he scored over a point per game with 13 points (3G, 10A) in 11 Games. With Lulea HF, in the SHL, the same team as fellow top prospect Jesper Wallstedt, he put together 3 points (2G, 1A) in 26 Games. Not the best, but he was playing against men.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Calgary Flames- He's fell a lot but I still can't see him going outside of the top ten and the flames are the perfect team to take him. Other than Välimäki and Andersson, they don't have much of a future on defense. Power will help them out with that and give them some "Power" on defense. My favorite part of his game is how he uses his big frame to box out opponents. Standing at 6'5 and 215 pounds, his size definitely raises his draft stock. Yet another player from University of Michigan, and with them, he recorded 16 points (3G, 13A) in 26 Games.
9Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Columbus Blue Jackets- The Jackets don't really have a top tier center after trading away Dubois. I believe that Sillinger can be that top line center they're looking for. He has probably the best shot of the draft and is a great pure center they can rely on. Last season, Sillinger drove the offense on an otherwise weak Medicine Hat Tigers team. With the tigers, he managed to put together 53 points (22G, 31A) in 48 games. This season, Sillinger has been playing on the Sioux Falls Stampede in the USHL where he recorded an outstanding 41 points (21G, 20A) in 27 games.
10Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-San Jose Sharks- With this pick, the Sharks take the top goalie of the draft because they have probably the worst goaltending tandem in the league. Probably the biggest steal of the first round here. He is the complete package for a goaltender. Wallstedt is really big and makes great high danger saves. This season, he played with Lulea HF in the SHL and posted a 21-10-0 record with a 2.23 Goals Allowed Average and a .908 Save percentage.
11Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas Stars- The stars go off the board to fill a team need. They need an RHD because on the left side, they Have Heiskanen, Harley, and Oleksiak. But on the right, they have nothing but an aging Klingberg. So, they get some help with that by selecting Corson Ceulemans. He is a great big defenseman with a scoring touch. Last season, with the Brooks Bandits in the AJHL, he scored 35 points (5G, 30A) in 44 Games. this season, he's improved quite a bit with 7 points (3G, 4A) in 6 Games.
12Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Los Angeles Kings- The Kings prospect pool is super forward-driven so they take a defenseman here. Lambos and Edvinsson have been falling a lot so they take a riser here in Svozil. Svozil has been playing great recently in the Czech league. He has great teamwork and smarts and he isn't afraid to use those skills in a game. With HC Prerov in the Czech 2nd League, he played 3 games with a goal and an assist for 2 points. He also played in the top Czech league for 30 games where he scored 1 goal and 2 assists for 3 points. He also showcased his skills well in the world juniors.
13Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Chicago Blackhawks- The hawks don't take a defenseman because they already have Boqvist, Mitchell, Carlsson, Beaudin, and Kalynuk. They are also pretty loaded on center with Dach, Strome, Suter, and Kurashev. So, with the 13th overall pick, the Chicago Blackhawks select winger Sasha Pastujov. He really fits the mold of the Blackhawks team. Pastujov is probably the smartest player in this draft class and he has great Hockey IQ. He has some flaws to his skating and edges, but if he works on that, he'll be right on track to become a star. This season with the US program, so far he has put up an amazing 76 points (31G, 45A) in 48 games. Pastujov is committed to Notre Dame for nest season.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Nashville Predators- I know most of you think Lambos shouldn't go this high, but with Josi and Ellis aging day by day, the Preds definitely need defense for the future. Farrance and Fabbro will likely round out the top pair, but Lambos can still be a very serviceable top 4 defenseman. Last season, with the Winnipeg Ice Lambos posted 32 points (8 G, 24A) in 57 games. So far this season, he played a short stint in Finland and in the J20 league, he scored 11 points (2G, 9A) in 13 Games. He has also played a couple of games back with the Winnipeg Ice but has yet to get on the scoreboard.
15Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
No Pick
This is the Coyotes pick which they had to forfeit.
16Logo of the Minnesota Wild-New York Rangers- The Rangers have a pretty loaded future on defense and wing, so they take a center here. With Strome and Zibanejad at 27 years old, the Rangers don't have much youth down the pipeline at center. Lucius is a pure center with top 6 potential. He is the best goal scorer of this draft class and he has a deadly shot.is the type of guy that you'd hate to play against. Lucius missed the start of this season due to injury, but he's back and better than ever. This season with the US Program, so far, he has recorded 34 points (24G, 10A) in 20 games. Over 2 goals per game, that's a goal scorer. Lucius is committed to University of Minnesota for next season.
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-St. Louis Blues- The Blues definitely have one of the weaker prospect pools in the NHL, so they just take the best player available. McTavish is a forward with great play in all 3 zones. He fits well on any forward position, but he is knowing best as a center. McTavish play well in the slot on the power play. You can definitely say that McTavish is more of a goal scorer and his stats show. Last season, McTavish played with the Peterborough Petes in the OHL where he posted 42 points (29G, 13A) in 57 Games. As the OHL, has still not started up yet this season, McTavish has been playing in the 2nd Swiss league where he put together 9 goals and 2 assists for 11 points in 13 games. In the playoffs, he has recorded a great 7 points (2G, 5A) in 4 games. McTavish is expected to return to the Petes when the OHL season starts.
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-
Matthew Coronato
Philadelphia Flyers- The flyers have a pretty well rounded prospect pool, so I have them just taking the best player available in Coronato. Matthew Coronato has a very well-rounded game and can play well everywhere on the ice. He is listed as a left wing, but he can play very well as a center too. This season with the Chicago Steel in the USHL, so far, he has recorded an incredible 72 points (39G, 33A) in 45 Games. Coronato is committed to play for Harvard University next season.
19Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Boston Bruins- Other than Pastrnak, the Bruins future is mostly center driven. The bruins select Logan Stankoven who can play at pretty much any forward position, but they will likely use him on the wing. Logan Stankoven is a sniper with some pretty good skating skills as well. He is a sturdy short fella standing at only 5'8, but he uses his skill to his advantage to manage to produce in the physical WHL. Last season, with the Kamloops Blazers in the WHL Stankoven scored 29 goals and 19 assists for 48 points in 59 games. This season, with a small sample size so far, Stankoven has excelled with 3 goals and 1 assist for 4 points in 2 games.
20Logo of the New York Islanders-Edmonton Oilers- The oilers biggest need (other than a reliable starting goaltender) is wingers to play with McDavid and Draisaitl. Most of you probably are think.. wait L'Heureux is a center, but I personally think that he is better on the wing, and besides, it can't hurt to have a great 3C. L'Heureux is great at leading breakouts and finding the open teammate. he is always a huge threat to his opponent when he has the puck on his stick. With the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL last season, he recorded almost a point per game. With the Mooseheads this season, so far, he has totaled 36 points (16G, 20A) in 31 games. Bergevin won't get to take his hometown frenchie at the next pick, but I believe that given how talented he is, L'Heureux deserves to be picked here.
21Logo of the New York Rangers-Montreal Canadiens- Even with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi looking like their future at center, I can't see the Habs not taking Raty here given how low he's fallen .As many of you already know, Raty was the consensus 1st overall pick around a year ago, but with the pandemic and a dip in his production, this is how low he has fell. Raty is still a top prospect in this draft and he is definitely capable of becoming a great 2nd or 3rd line center. Raty is a strong 2-way playmaking center. In Finlands U20 league, this season, Raty has posted 7 points in 8 games. And in the Liiga, Raty has scored 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points in 33 games.
22Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Winnipeg Jets- I think this is sort of a no-brainer pick for the Jets. They traded away their top young winger in Laine and their future looks to be very shallow on the right wing, so they take the best right winger available, Simon Robertsson. Robertsson is a great Swedish speedy winger. With his blazing speed, he makes his opponents look foolish. This season, in the J20 Robertsson has put together 9 goals and 11 assists for 20 points in 15 games. In the SHL, he recorded 2 points with a goal and assist in 22 games. And in HockeyEttan he scored 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 points in 7 games.
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Minnesota Wild- Big faller here. About a month ago, I had him in the top 10, but due to his lack of production and bad decision making, he has fell quite a bit. The Wild do currently have one of the better defensive corps in the NHL, but as Suter and Spurgeon are aging quickly, the wild could use some youth on the blueline. Like Power, Edvinsson is a big defenseman standing at 6'5 and just above 200 pounds. He has some good skill and I am frankly fascinated by the offensive side of his game. In the J20 this season, he scored a goal and 5 assists for 6 points in 14 games. In his short stint with Frolunda in the SHL, he got 1 assist in 10 games. Now, he's playing in the HockeyAllsvenskan where in the regular season he totaled 5 assists in 14 games. In the qualification, so far, Edvinsson has 1 goal and 2 assists, combining for 3 points in 6 games.
24Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinnesota Wild *via Pittsburgh Penguins- With this pick, the Wild fix their center problem. The wild don't really have a top center for the future. I mean, they have Joel Eriksson Ek, but he is no superstar. I can see Pinelli providing a good timeshare with Eriksson Ek as the top center for the Wild. Pinelli is a good playmaking center with great hands. He is good at driving plays and crashing the net. Last season, Pinelli played with the Kitchener Rangers in the OHL where he recorded 41 points (18G, 23A) in 59 games. This season whie hes been waiting for the OHL to start back up, Pinelli has been playing in the ALpsHL and Slovenia. In the AlpsHL, he posted 11 points (5G, 6A) in 13 games. In the Slovenia league, Pinelli scored 1 goal in 2 games in the playoffs. Pinelli is expected to return to the Kitchener Rangers when they return to play.
25Logo of the San Jose Sharks-New York Islanders- Here the Isles get some youngblood on the blueline in Behrens. Like the Wild, the Islanders defense group is currently great, but they don't have too much lined up for the future. Sean Behrens is a LHD, so down the line, I could see him playing with Dobson. I find Behrens play very similar to his fellow teammate/top prospect Aiden Hreschuk. I only lean to Behrens over Hreschuk for the Dman the Isles take here because Behrens has better totals. Behrens has some great skating especially on his edges and a solid 2-way game. So far this season with the US Program, Behrens has a fabulous 49 points (10G, 39A) in 59 games. Sean Behrens is committed to play for University of Denver for next season.
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Sebastian Cossa
Toronto Maple Leafs- You could debate that the Leafs need a defender or left wing here, but I think what is most important is for them to get a strong goalie for the future in Sebastian Cossa. Cossa is a huge goaltender standing at 6'6 and 212 pounds. He plays a well positioned game and takes advantage of his size. He is definitely a sleeper in this draft and he has been rising up my ranks recently. This season, Cossa has skyrocketed and his play is proving to be sustainable. This season with the Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL, he has posted an incredible 8-0-0 record, a 1.56 goals allowed average, and a .941 save percentage. If the Leafs develop him right, this kid could be a gem.
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Washington Capitals- As the Capitals star wingers (Ovechkin and Oshie) are aging and there is not much youth ready to fill those positions, Chibrikov helps out. Nikita Chibrikov is a high scoring speedy Russian winger. I like to compare his style of play to fellow top prospect, Simon Robertsson. Chibrikov has good vision that he uses to find open teammates and find a lane to shoot. This season, in the KHL, Chibrikov scored 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points in 16 games. In the MHL (The top Russian junior league), Chibrikov totaled 9 points (3G, 6A) in11 games. In the playoffs he has 3 assists in 5 games. Chibrikov has a terrific game and I'm sure the Capitals would be pleased to select him with the 27th pick.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Carolina Hurricanes- The hurricanes currently have one of the best forward prospect pools in the league, but the defensive corps are really shallow. Ever since Bean has graduated, there really hasn't been much talent there. I really can't see the canes taking yet another forward in the 1st round this year. Hreschuk plays well in all 3 zones of ice. He is always making smart plays and moving the puck up the ice well. Hreschuk plays great in all aspects of his game and he can really do it all. I can definitely see Hreschuk complimenting the Canes defense core for the future. So far this season with the US Program he has recorded 48 points (8G, 40A) in 64 games. Aiden Hreschuk is committed to play for Boston College next season. I defintiely think Hreschuk can benefit from playing with a big name college and take his game to the next level.
29Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
Scott Morrow
Vegas Golden Knights- The Knights are entering just their 4th entry draft since expansion. Recently, they have been loading up on forward prospects like Glass and Krebs, so they take a defenseman here. Theodore, Whitecloud, and Hague seem to be the top 4 of the future but they need another rightie to round out that top four. Scott Morrow is just that. Morrow is a right handed mobile defenseman with some great skills. If he can live up to his high ceiling, this kid could be a star. This season with Shattuck St. Mary's in the US Prep League, Morrow has put up a terrific 31 points (6G, 25A) in 22 Games. Scott Morrow is committed to play for University of North Dakota for next season where many great defenseman have developed their game and he can hopefully do the same.
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Florida Panthers- The Panthers future on defense outside Ekblad isn't much. On forward they have Barkov, Huberdeau, Tippett, Denisenko, Lundell, Luostarinen, and Verhaeghe. In nets they have Knight. On defense... pretty shallow. So, that is why they take a defenseman here in Daniil Chayka. I can probably see Chayka playing as their 2nd defenseman behind Ekblad. Chayka is more of a defensive defenseman with some size. He has a few flaws to his offensive game, but he is a valuable asset in his own zone. This season in the KHL, Chayka scored 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points in 11 games. In the MHL, he totaled 4 points (1G, 3A) in 5 games. In the playoffs, he posted 1 assist in 6 games. Not the best playoff performer, but remember, he is a defensive defenseman.
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-Colorado Avalanche- The Avs are a great team right now and they're set up for a great future. On defense they have Byram, Girard, Makar, Toews, and Timmins, so I think it's safe to say that they pick a forward here regardless. Olausson is simply just the best forward and player available. Olausson plays a good 200 foot game as a speedy winger with a great shot. His speed helps a lot on the backcheck. In the J20 in Sweden, he posted 27 points (14G, 13A) in 16 games. In the SHL, he scored 3 goals and 1 assist for 4 points in 16 games. And in the HockeyAllsvenskan he scored 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points in 11 games. he failed to impress me in the world juniors , but you can't really blame him because he played on the 4th line most of the time.
32Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Tampa Bay Lightning- With this pick, it's not rocket science. The lightning simply select the best player available. Ayrton Martino seems like he'll be a great fit with the lightning. Martino is the type of guy that you hate to play against. From his speed to his skill, he is really the whole offensive package. Martino plays a very offensive-minded game. This season, Martino has been tearing up the USHL with the Omaha Lancers. He has a fantastic 53 points (18G, 35A) in 33 games. Ayrton Martino is committed to play for Clarkson University for next season.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Love the analysis! great mock draft
Zinger and Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: declanucks
Love the analysis! great mock draft

Thank You!
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:38 p.m.
Good job man
Zinger liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:45 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: SalamiCheese
Good job man

Thanks! I appreciate the support.
SalamiCheese liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:50 p.m.
Quoting: Dzinger18
Thanks! I appreciate the support.

This is very similar to who I would like to pick Buffalo.

My top 3 for Sabres pick:

1. Beniers
2. Eklund
3. Clarke
Zinger liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 5:36 p.m.
Nice work! This looks like it took some time

I do have some questions and comments.
Do you think Beniers is 1 because of his skill or because he’s a centre? I say that because eklund is out producing both Holtz and Raymond who are a year older, and he looks great.
Seattle takes Clarke because he’s the bpa but I’m not sure he’s a player to build a team around. Is he a 1d? no, and with so many talented forwards behind him I’d be nervous taking him as my first pick as a franchise.
Edmonton is probably punching the air that the goal scorer went 1 pick before them. A sniper would be fantastic for them.
Don’t see how raty falls that far, he’s still got upside for a 2-way number 2 centre. The rangers are a team that could use that. With zibanejad, panarin, lafrenière and kakko they don’t really need a super skilled offensive forward. They need a true 2-way centre. If he somehow falls to Montreal I guess they’d have no choice but to take him, although I’d love a skilled winger.

Before anyone asks i can’t change my name for a while, only once a year

Once again nice work
Zinger and Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Great work on this mock draft. No need to apologize. I think the Devils take Power over Johnson. Devils could use another defenseman behind Smith and Power could be that guy. Again, excellent work on this
Zinger, Lenny7 and ArakinSkywalker liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 8:05 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Howisjulienstillhere
Nice work! This looks like it took some time

I do have some questions and comments.
Do you think Beniers is 1 because of his skill or because he’s a centre? I say that because eklund is out producing both Holtz and Raymond who are a year older, and he looks great.
Seattle takes Clarke because he’s the bpa but I’m not sure he’s a player to build a team around. Is he a 1d? no, and with so many talented forwards behind him I’d be nervous taking him as my first pick as a franchise.
Edmonton is probably punching the air that the goal scorer went 1 pick before them. A sniper would be fantastic for them.
Don’t see how raty falls that far, he’s still got upside for a 2-way number 2 centre. The rangers are a team that could use that. With zibanejad, panarin, lafrenière and kakko they don’t really need a super skilled offensive forward. They need a true 2-way centre. If he somehow falls to Montreal I guess they’d have no choice but to take him, although I’d love a skilled winger.

Before anyone asks i can’t change my name for a while, only once a year

Once again nice work

I think that Beniers is overall the better player than Eklund, but I could easily see that changing.
I don't know if you build a franchise around Clarke, but I don't think they take anyone other than him or Guenther.
Raty probably ends up going higher, but with this arrangement of teams, I think he's stuck around 20.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 8:23 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Sharks are already allergic to drafting goalies, very low chance they pick Wallstedt.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 8:26 p.m.
power forward
Very nice mock draft! One thing to consider is that the Wild has Rossi as their future top center. I love the Pinelli pick because it gives them a reliable penalty killer. Currently the Wild have the worst penalty kill in the NHL.

Also I think the Jets take Edvinsson in this case as they are so much weaker on defense. I do agree with Robertsson, but they have Perfetti playing decent in the AHL. Perfetti can play center or wing.

Once again great work!!
Apr. 4, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Devil1122
Great work on this mock draft. No need to apologize. I think the Devils take Power over Johnson. Devils could use another defenseman behind Smith and Power could be that guy. Again, excellent work on this

I see what you're saying. They definitely could take a defenseman with that pick, but Power is a bit risky and I don't see much in him, but at the same time if they want a defenseman he may be worth the risk.

Thanks!
Devil liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Klara
Sharks are already allergic to drafting goalies, very low chance they pick Wallstedt.

They may not want Wallstedt, but they NEED Wallstedt. Although I wouldn't bet on them taking him with their history in drafting goalies like you said.
ColonelX liked this.
Apr. 4, 2021 at 8:56 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: christianyog
Very nice mock draft! One thing to consider is that the Wild has Rossi as their future top center. I love the Pinelli pick because it gives them a reliable penalty killer. Currently the Wild have the worst penalty kill in the NHL.

Also I think the Jets take Edvinsson in this case as they are so much weaker on defense. I do agree with Robertsson, but they have Perfetti playing decent in the AHL. Perfetti can play center or wing.

Once again great work!!

Pinelli can definitely be a reliable 2C penalty killer so I agree with you on that.
I think the jets could go either way with their pick. Both players would help them out a lot.

Thanks for your feedback!
Apr. 5, 2021 at 8:44 a.m.
Evans truther
Montreal grabbing a falling top prospect, sign me up for this.
Zinger liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 9:23 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
First, great analysis. I'd much rather see something like this than a mock draft simply with players listed 1-32.

From the Stars perspective, do they need RD in their organization? Yes, but I'm not so sure they make a 10+ pick reach to snag Ceulemans. I've got him in closer to the early-mid 20's than I do to the early teens. Only way I see Dallas getting a RD is if they luck into the lottery (Clarke) or get hot & sneak into a playoff spot. You get the Stars picking anywhere from 16-20 and they might reach a little bit for a guy like Ceulemans, but if I'm Dallas & I have the 11th pick, Chaz Lucius, Aatu Raty, and Mason McTavish are probably at the top of my board (assuming 1-10 happen exactly the way you lay out here).
Lenny7 and Zinger liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 9:41 a.m.
Lenny7
Great job man!

I'd echo @devils1122 with a Power pick. I know he's fallen, but he still reminds me a bit of Ekblad when he was coming up.

Ducks-wise, I'd be pretty content with Eklund or Guenther. I'm not super sold on Beniers or Kent Johnson, though they both had very solid seasons in the NCAA.
Zinger liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: TheMooterus
First, great analysis. I'd much rather see something like this than a mock draft simply with players listed 1-32.

From the Stars perspective, do they need RD in their organization? Yes, but I'm not so sure they make a 10+ pick reach to snag Ceulemans. I've got him in closer to the early-mid 20's than I do to the early teens. Only way I see Dallas getting a RD is if they luck into the lottery (Clarke) or get hot & sneak into a playoff spot. You get the Stars picking anywhere from 16-20 and they might reach a little bit for a guy like Ceulemans, but if I'm Dallas & I have the 11th pick, Chaz Lucius, Aatu Raty, and Mason McTavish are probably at the top of my board (assuming 1-10 happen exactly the way you lay out here).

Yeah, it all depends how much they want an RHD and where they pick. Ceulemans is a bit of a reach, but they are in need of an RHD. If they don't push for the playoffs and sell a little, they could potentially land Clarke with a higher pick. If they are stuck with that pick and they don't want to go for Ceulemans that high, then I could see them taking Lucius, McTavish or Pastujov, and figure out the RHD situation with a trade or signing or even a later pick. I agree with what you're saying though.

Thanks!! I appreciate the feedback. I personally think that the Stars should sell and go for Clarke with a higher pick.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Lenny7
Great job man!

I'd echo devils1122 with a Power pick. I know he's fallen, but he still reminds me a bit of Ekblad when he was coming up.

Ducks-wise, I'd be pretty content with Eklund or Guenther. I'm not super sold on Beniers or Kent Johnson, though they both had very solid seasons in the NCAA.

I believe that Power would be a great fit for the Devils and they could get him back on track, so I could see the Devils going Power instead of Johnson.
Beniers may not go 1st overall depending on the team with the pick, but he's a definite top 3. Johnson may not be talented as Beniers in some aspects of his game, but he is still a solid top 7 pick in my opinion. Those two just seem to sit where they are while others rise and fall. I think they're pretty consistent, just they've been quiet in terms of movement.

Thanks!
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 11:23 a.m.
Lenny7
I believe that Power would be a great fit for the Devils and they could get him back on track, so I could see the Devils going Power instead of Johnson.
Beniers may not go 1st overall depending on the team with the pick, but he's a definite top 3. Johnson may not be talented as Beniers in some aspects of his game, but he is still a solid top 7 pick in my opinion. Those two just seem to sit where they are while others rise and fall. I think they're pretty consistent, just they've been quiet in terms of movement.

Thanks!

As much as Raty has fallen, I betcha he becomes the steal of the draft. Guy is talented, he's just not producing yet.
Zinger liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
Canes fan
As much as Raty has fallen, I betcha he becomes the steal of the draft. Guy is talented, he's just not producing yet.

I agree. The potential is there, he just has to put together some parts of his game.
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
Lenny7
I agree. The potential is there, he just has to put together some parts of his game.

Almost seems like a "Stash him for a couple of years" type of guy.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
Canes fan
Almost seems like a "Stash him for a couple of years" type of guy.

Yes, I could definitely see that.
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 1:57 p.m.
@Dzinger18
Hey what's good? I was looking around at your mock drafts and you have some pretty strong insight. I was wondering if you'd be interested in joining the GM Game here on CapFriendly as my assistant GM. The Game is basically like a season long Arm-chair GM team where we trade, draft, sign free agents and have a sophisticated scoring system to determine the playoffs and lottery.

I'm the Quebec GM and our team has 16 draft picks in this upcoming draft. We've had 30 draft picks from 2019-2020 drafts, with 28 of them being drafted IRL. I really think your insight could help contribute to our success going forward.

If you're interested in learning more about the game or have any questions, just quote this and reply or shoot me a DM on Twitter. Twitter is the main form of communication throughout the game, but most of us have burner accounts set up to keep our name private. My burner is @QBCv4GM on Twitter.
Zinger liked this.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Dzinger18
Hey what's good? I was looking around at your mock drafts and you have some pretty strong insight. I was wondering if you'd be interested in joining the GM Game here on CapFriendly as my assistant GM. The Game is basically like a season long Arm-chair GM team where we trade, draft, sign free agents and have a sophisticated scoring system to determine the playoffs and lottery.

I'm the Quebec GM and our team has 16 draft picks in this upcoming draft. We've had 30 draft picks from 2019-2020 drafts, with 28 of them being drafted IRL. I really think your insight could help contribute to our success going forward.

If you're interested in learning more about the game or have any questions, just quote this and reply or shoot me a DM on Twitter. Twitter is the main form of communication throughout the game, but most of us have burner accounts set up to keep our name private. My burner is QBCv4GM on Twitter.

I appreciate the offer, but I am not really interested in joining GM Game for this season. Thank you for your appreciation. The support means a lot.
Apr. 5, 2021 at 3:50 p.m.
I would love Powerr grin
Gmonwy and Zinger liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll