G
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 8, 2021 at 7:05 p.m.
Ugh, I can't wait for the TDL to be past.

Wrong defensive prospect, wrong pick. Sandin/2nd or the 1st rounder. Otherwise stop lowballing LA.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 7:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Ugh, I can't wait for the TDL to be past.

Wrong defensive prospect, wrong pick. Sandin/2nd or the 1st rounder. Otherwise stop lowballing LA.

If you think either of those are reasonable you're out of your damn mind
Islesforthecup liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 7:19 p.m.
For Iafallo at 50% retention it would probably take something like a 1st and SDA. I still think he's extending in LA, so it's probably moot.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152

Certifiably crazy. But that doesn't make Iafallo worth less than a late first rounder. And the only prospect of interest to the current iteration of the Kings is Sandin. If either of those make Toronto sat no, thats fine. Kings have much more reason to resign Iafallo than trade him.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
Certifiably crazy. But that doesn't make Iafallo worth less than a late first rounder. And the only prospect of interest to the current iteration of the Kings is Sandin. If either of those make Toronto sat no, thats fine. Kings have much more reason to resign Iafallo than trade him.

The fact Palmieri didn't get a 1st would mean Iafallo is worth less than a 1st rounder of any sort and definitely less than Sandin.
tryger liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 7:58 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152

Iafallo for a first isn't that crazy, is there any young 2-way top-line player whose cap hit is close to $1M? Palmeri and Zajac cap hits equal ~$5M, getting Iafallo for a fifth of that cap hit and still having space to get goaltending depth seems like a Dubas move to me.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:07 p.m.
Quoting: tryger
Iafallo for a first isn't that crazy, is there any young 2-way top-line player whose cap hit is close to $1M? Palmeri and Zajac cap hits equal ~$5M, getting Iafallo for a fifth of that cap hit and still having space to get goaltending depth seems like a Dubas move to me.

Their effective cap hits are about 1.1 mil. Iafallo's is about 300k 50% retained. That 800k doesn't get you a 1st.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:12 p.m.
Quoting: Byrr
The fact Palmieri didn't get a 1st would mean Iafallo is worth less than a 1st rounder of any sort and definitely less than Sandin.

I mean, you could argue who brought what in the Devils/Islanders trade. There was a 1st round pick involved, along with other young assets and picks.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
Edited Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
I mean, you could argue who brought what in the Devils/Islanders trade. There was a 1st round pick involved, along with other young assets and picks.

You could do that, you'd just look foolish trying to do it when Palmieri needed an added piece to fetch a 1st in the trade.

You'd look even more foolish when you realized the closer comparable to Iafallo of the pair, the guy who scores about as many points as Iafallo in less time on ice, who plays a lions share of the penalty kill, etc, is the one you are arguing got the mid round pick and career AHLers.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
Their effective cap hits are about 1.1 mil. Iafallo's is about 300k 50% retained. That 800k doesn't get you a 1st.

Then Iafallo can stay put, Blake wants his team to continue to compete even if at best they inevitably lose in the first round in a best-case scenario. The Kings don't need to get picks, but the Leafs need a cheap effective top-line winger and there . If the offer above is the best they can get, Kings should make no trades, the past few seasons of mass trade aways impacted the locker room. Leafs should go after Rikard Rakkel or Taylor Hall but they will need to trade something away for the cap space. But if it's not a first or a second and a great prospect, I don't sense Blake will make a move.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:21 p.m.
Then Iafallo can stay put.

He could but reports are there hasn't been any movement on the contract talks and has seen Iafallo being added to the trade bait lists with his quickly expiring deal. Acting like a team doesn't need picks is just foolish too. You are speaking from a personal perspective rather than one from a team's point of view. The market has spoken on what these guys value is, you might not like it but it is what it is.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:37 p.m.
He could but reports are there hasn't been any movement on the contract talks and has seen Iafallo being added to the trade bait lists with his quickly expiring deal.

I think in the end this is more important for the Leafs than the Kings, if the Leafs can somehow get a top-line winger and goalie depth then Dubas did everything he could. I see Iafallo as one of a the limited ways they can get a top line player and still have room to obtain a goalie.

As for Iafallo being moved, I mean it could happen if Iafallo is really looking for $5M per, and if he won't move from that number the Kings will trade him. But it's still unlikely. At the beginning of the season Blake asked his team to compete and Iafallo and his linemates (Kopitar and Brown) definitely came in punching, I can't imagine he punishes his top line for doing exactly what he asked for while they still hunt for a playoff spot (however unlikely it may be). Furthermore, no other player has consistently worked with Brown and Kopitar since Gaborik or Williams. Pair this issue with this season's unimpressive draft class, and I really won't be upset if the Kings don't move him. The lack of strong interest (they can't get a 1st or 2nd and a strong prospect) and a frozen cap should result in a team-friendly signing.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:41 p.m.
I think in the end this is more important for the Leafs than the Kings, if the Leafs can somehow get a top-line winger and goalie depth then Dubas did everything he could. I see Iafallo as one of a the limited ways they can get a top line player and still have room to obtain a goalie.

As for Iafallo being moved, I mean it could happen if Iafallo is really looking for $5M per, and if he won't move from that number the Kings will trade him. But it's still unlikely. At the beginning of the season Blake asked his team to compete and Iafallo and his linemates (Kopitar and Brown) definitely came in punching, I can't imagine he punishes his top line for doing exactly what he asked for while they still hunt for a playoff spot (however unlikely it may be). Furthermore, no other player has consistently worked with Brown and Kopitar since Gaborik or Williams. Pair this issue with this season's unimpressive draft class, and I really won't be upset if the Kings don't move him. The lack of strong interest (they can't get a 1st or 2nd and a strong prospect) and a frozen cap should result in a team-friendly signing.

You arn't paying very good attention to what you are saying. The only reason the Leafs would need to obtain a goalie is if Andersen was out for the season. If he is, cap room suddenly isn't an issue.

You are saying its unlikely Iafallo won't move from that 5M number and be traded but here we are a few days from the deadline for that trade and he hasn't moved.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 8:58 p.m.
You arn't paying very good attention to what you are saying. The only reason the Leafs would need to obtain a goalie is if Andersen was out for the season. If he is, cap room suddenly isn't an issue.

You are saying its unlikely Iafallo won't move from that 5M number and be traded but here we are a few days from the deadline for that trade and he hasn't moved.

That's fine the Leafs can roll with those two into the playoffs, maybe make a depth move for someone with more experience on the taxi squad with their injury issues.

To be clear, no one has heard anything about what Iafallo wants. a blogger made a suggestion that he may be looking for $5M, with zero input from his side or Kings brass. His not being moved or even being shopped shows a stronger likelihood that the Kings are closer to a deal than apart. Blake had zero problems expressing what he wanted for Toffoli, Martinez, and Muzzin. The Kings have a boatload of prospects and picks, the areas Blake wants to improve is top-pair (left) defense and top-six (left) wingers. Bottom line if the Leafs offer something like Kerfoot and 2nd, the Kings won't bite. But wish you guys the best of luck getting Hall or Rakell, I'm from Toronto so I really do want them to do well.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.
That's fine the Leafs can roll with those two into the playoffs, maybe make a depth move for someone with more experience on the taxi squad with their injury issues.

To be clear, no one has heard anything about what Iafallo wants. a blogger made a suggestion that he may be looking for $5M, with zero input from his side or Kings brass. His not being moved or even being shopped shows a stronger likelihood that the Kings are closer to a deal than apart. Blake had zero problems expressing what he wanted for Toffoli, Martinez, and Muzzin. The Kings have a boatload of prospects and picks, the areas Blake wants to improve is top-pair (left) defense and top-six (left) wingers. Bottom line if the Leafs offer something like Kerfoot and 2nd, the Kings won't bite. But wish you guys the best of luck getting Hall or Rakell, I'm from Toronto so I really do want them to do well.

Reports are he is being shopped. Blake is taking calls about Iafallo.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 9:38 p.m.
Reports are he is being shopped. Blake is taking calls about Iafallo.

Still doesn't indicate what Blake is looking for or what Iafallo's camp wants. LeBrun said he believes the Kings are trying to hammer out a deal but are listening to other teams for the first time, 3 hours ago. I'm sure GMs have taken calls on plenty of players who were never ultimately moved. Blake would be foolish not to hear teams out, but if the return is something they have many of (mid-tier prospects or 2nd-4th round picks) then where is the value? My sense is, he is using this to sign Iafallo by telling his agent if he doesn't accept a team-friendly deal they will have to move him. If they can't get him to budge they still might hold onto him.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 9:44 p.m.
Edited Apr. 8, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
Still doesn't indicate what Blake is looking for or what Iafallo's camp wants. LeBrun said he believes the Kings are trying to hammer out a deal but are listening to other teams for the first time, 3 hours ago. I'm sure GMs have taken calls on plenty of players who were never ultimately moved. Blake would be foolish not to hear teams out, but if the return is something they have many of (mid-tier prospects or 2nd-4th round picks) then where is the value? My sense is, he is using this to sign Iafallo by telling his agent if he doesn't accept a team-friendly deal they will have to move him. If they can't get him to budge they still might hold onto him.

The value is assets to use to acquire the pieces you need with a player who isn't going to resign, see worthless. No team ever stops needing more assets to use.

The biggest creator of value in the NHL is the draft. This idea you have that teams stop needing more picks in them is nonsensical.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 10:05 p.m.
The value is assets to use to acquire the pieces you need with a player who isn't going to resign, see worthless. No team ever stops needing more assets to use.

The biggest creator of value in the NHL is the draft. This idea you have that teams stop needing more picks in them is nonsensical.

I mean I've given you every point I've got here. The Kings have an excellent prospect pool and several picks for the next draft. They need more players like Iafallo and less giving up years if they want to squeeze the compete level out of the veterans. If you really think the best the Kings can get for Iafallo from every buyer in the league is a 3rd and Kokkenen, then you are entitled to that opinion, I disagree.
Apr. 8, 2021 at 10:21 p.m.
I mean I've given you every point I've got here. The Kings have an excellent prospect pool and several picks for the next draft. They need more players like Iafallo and less giving up years if they want to squeeze the compete level out of the veterans. If you really think the best the Kings can get for Iafallo from every buyer in the league is a 3rd and Kokkenen, then you are entitled to that opinion, I disagree.

And you can disagree and hope for more but its just not what the market has told us with the Palmieri trade. There are a lot more sellers than buyers this season so teams wont be getting as much in return.
Apr. 9, 2021 at 9:48 a.m.

Btw I’m the OP and I’m a Kings fan. Mikko Kokkenen is a stud who was drafted way later than he should’ve been. He’d probably be the top LD prospect in our system. No way we’re getting Sandin or Lillegren for Iafallo. To get Kokkenen and a 3rd is extremely good value for Iafallo though I agree if just for picks then need a 2nd

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll