Apr. 10, 2021 at 8:38 p.m.
I make Articals.
Quoting: CoopsTroops

Brisebois rn if he is checking Capfriendly and Twitter after the trade

True
Apr. 10, 2021 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: Bolts20Cup
Cernak by far

Cernak has never played 20 minutes a night. By minutes he's still a number 4-5 defenseman.
Apr. 10, 2021 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: JayTea
You might say the real losers in the deal are the 80,000 people who will have to eat a Little Caesars Hot and Ready pizza to come up with the $400k.

Bahahahhahaha
Apr. 10, 2021 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
Detroit Red Wings:

Traded away a player that should have no trade value and who you might as well place on waivers.

Got a 4th round pick for retaining 1.062 million in salary when the Leafs got only a 5th round pick for retaining 1.1 million on Lehner.

Win for Detroit.

Columbus Blue Jackets:

Got a 1st round pick for the upcoming draft with no lottery protections attached + a 3rd round pick for ...

A 2nd/3rd pairing defenceman who is a pending UFA, who has regressed significantly from last year and who is on the wrong side of 30.

Bigger win for Columbus.

Tampa Bay Lightning:

Traded away a 1st round pick with no lottery protections + a 3rd + a 4th for ...

A player that should have no trade value and who you might as well place on waivers ...

And ...

A 2nd/3rd pairing defenceman who is a pending UFA, who has regressed significantly from last year and who is on the wrong side of 30.

All because Tampa can just barely stay under cap without circumventing it.

Big loss for Tampa.

In Jarmo we trust!

I voted for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

When Savard is an important part of Boat parade part Two tell me how big a loss it is then.
Zwui21 and sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 10, 2021 at 8:45 p.m.
Nazaleaf
This trade right here is a work of art.
Bolts20Cup liked this.
Apr. 10, 2021 at 8:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: jpsnow13
Okay. The price paid is always the right price and overpayment cant exist. Got it. You’re so wise🙄

price is set by market

economics 101
Apr. 10, 2021 at 9:55 p.m.
Canes fan
A slight overpay for Savard, but the retained salary may be worth it. DET Gets a big W because they trade a nobody AHLer and 25% Retained off Savard for a 4th.
Apr. 10, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: pharrow
price is set by market

economics 101

... Says the guy who clearly never took an economic class...

Let’s just say Savard's price/earnings ratio was very high 😉
Apr. 10, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.
Banned
if Kucherov comes back tampa should be fined for violating cap hit. and I don't care Hawks weren't fined
Apr. 10, 2021 at 11:23 p.m.
Jacob
Quoting: VastBluepuppy424
JBB Finally knows how to trade without overpaying, *Check notes* Wait they trade a 4th for Lashoff... At least we got 25% of Savard Contract

Everyone vote Detroit to win because they got a 4th for nothing

A first and a third for a defensive defensemen who's actual defensive game is below average at best?? He's a good (to great) system player but not one to fill in the gaps should the system falter. The tell-all is in the corsi. The only player currently in their lineup I'd put savard in over is Ben Thomas. I feel like people are confusing his physical presence with actual good defense.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
Banned
... Says the guy who clearly never took an economic class...

Let’s just say Savard's price/earnings ratio was very high 😉

he's not a stock, he's a commodity.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 12:32 a.m.
You know nothing JS

He's an investment 🤓. And they paid first pairing money for a guy that will provide a 2nd pairing game quality as a return. Thus OVER-PRICED.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
sensonfire
Edited Apr. 11, 2021 at 1:04 a.m.
When Savard is an important part of Boat parade part Two tell me how big a loss it is then.

I will admit that getting David Savard at a cap hit of just slightly over a million while getting two other teams to retain a combined 75% of his salary is impressive.

Kudos to Tampa's GM for doing that.

However, David Savard is not the player for which you should be spending a 1st with no lottery protection + a 3rd + a 4th, unless you have no other options and you're desperate.

Which was clearly the case from Brisebois :/

He's worth a 2nd + maybe another asset of lesser value, if the other team is being generous.

Similar to the trades for Marco Scandella, Andy Greene and Brenden Dillon from last year.

That's the absolute maximum any team should pay for Savard.

I see you liked one of my comments on here, so I'll give you a like too under the assumption you agree with my larger points smile
Saskleaf and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 5:23 a.m.
Quoting: jdawg
A first and a third for a defensive defensemen who's actual defensive game is below average at best?? He's a good (to great) system player but not one to fill in the gaps should the system falter. The tell-all is in the corsi. The only player currently in their lineup I'd put savard in over is Ben Thomas. I feel like people are confusing his physical presence with actual good defense.
He's an investment 🤓. And they paid first pairing money for a guy that will provide a 2nd pairing game quality as a return. Thus OVER-PRICED.
I will admit that getting David Savard at a cap hit of just slightly over a million while getting two other teams to retain a combined 75% of his salary is impressive.
However, David Savard is not the player for which you should be spending a 1st with no lottery protection + a 3rd + a 4th, unless you have no other options and you're desperate.
He's worth a 2nd + maybe another asset of lesser value, if the other team is being generous.
Similar to the trades for Marco Scandella, Andy Greene and Brenden Dillon from last year.
I see you liked one of my comments on here, so I'll give you a like too under the assumption you agree with my larger points smile
ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3" alt="SKATR?:embed=y&:display_count=y&ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3">
How is Savard worth a 1st and and 3rd, while Montour only brings back a 3rd?
Savard's skills have diminished over the last 2 years, he is only worth a 5th now IMO if Montour is worth only a third.
I need to learn how to imbed a picture. Here is the comparison of Savard and Montour:
https://public.tableau.com/views/SKATR2019-2020/SKATR?:embed=y&:display_count=y&ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3
Just change to defense then compare the two.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 7:06 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3" alt="SKATR?:embed=y&:display_count=y&ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3">
How is Savard worth a 1st and and 3rd, while Montour only brings back a 3rd?
Savard's skills have diminished over the last 2 years, he is only worth a 5th now IMO if Montour is worth only a third.
I need to learn how to imbed a picture. Here is the comparison of Savard and Montour:
https://public.tableau.com/views/SKATR2019-2020/SKATR?:embed=y&:display_count=y&ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3
Just change to defense then compare the two.

I'm done arguing this, Because Savard is worth a 1st and that was clear from the start.

But to embed a picture, on the top abouce the box, there are some symbols, Like the tweet thing, the youtube thing, and next to that is a picture one. Click that, put in your link, and hit add. Boom picture.
If you need to get rid of the box because you changed your mind, just hit the icon again.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 7:09 a.m.
Banned

they didn't pay 1st pairing money though. If you want to know what 1st pairing money looks like, see Karlsson trade.
https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/players/erik-karlsson

This is what an above average 2D cost. And no one is doubting that about savard but you. The guy has been a rock for CBJ. Now that the team went to **** around him doesn't mean he instantly sucks. He's still the same guy who was rock solid dependable for CBJ helping a team win a lot of games with not a ton of help in the forward group.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:20 a.m.
I'm done arguing this, Because Savard is worth a 1st and that was clear from the start.

But to embed a picture, on the top abouce the box, there are some symbols, Like the tweet thing, the youtube thing, and next to that is a picture one. Click that, put in your link, and hit add. Boom picture.
If you need to get rid of the box because you changed your mind, just hit the icon again.

You missed my point.
No problem that Savard is worth a 1st, but why Montour who has outperformed him for the past two years only returns a 3rd.
Adams is way over his head, he has proven this during his entire time as GM.
He took Quinn over a host of players who had a higher upside.
He missed on nearly every free agent. Davidson and Irwin are average AHL defensemen.
Over payment on Girgensons and Eakin, while not even offering Larsson a contract.
I was wrong when I criticized him for signing Rieder, and he was gifted Sheahan as no other team offered him a contract.
Now he totally missed the boat and settling for a 3rd for Montour.
I will leave Capfriendly if Montour does not get 3 goals and 6 pts for Florida and end with a positive +/-.
I posted this earlier, after Soccer Genius was fired, Montour was by far the best Sabre defenseman:
During the 26 games under Krueger, Montour had 1 goal, 6 assists and was - 14.
During the 11 games under Donato, Montour had 4 goals, 3 assists and was +1.
For comparisons, the same stats for balance of the defense
Bryson 0-3- +1
Dahlin 2-4- -8
Jokiharju 2-2- -1
Miller 0-2- -3
Ristolainen 1-4- +1
So as I said for the last 11 games playing for a REAL NHL coach he has been the Sabres BEST defenseman and worth more than a late 3rd.
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: grodziQ
if Kucherov comes back tampa should be fined for violating cap hit. and I don't care Hawks weren't fined

Jealousy jealousy then every team that uses LTIR and goes over the cap gets Fined? Ridiculous pure jealousy is all this is!!!!
Apr. 11, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.

Why does Tampa Bay need to lottery protect? Is there any realistic shot they don't make the playoffs? Really?! Was it a bit of an over pay maybe, but if it helps bring Back to back cups who cares.
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
sensonfire
Why does Tampa Bay need to lottery protect? Is there any realistic shot they don't make the playoffs? Really?! Was it a bit of an over pay maybe, but if it helps bring Back to back cups who cares.

If it is still mathematically or theoretically possible for any team to plummet in the standings, miss the playoffs and have their 1st turn into a lottery pick, then it can happen.

It doesn't matter how slim the chances are or how remote the possibility becomes.

When the Islanders spent a 1st, a 2nd and a conditional 3rd on JG Pageau last year, they immediately went on a losing streak.

That losing streak only stopped because the League shut everything down when the Covid pandemic kicked in to gear.

Fortunately, for the Islanders, that 1st was lottery protected, even if the League didn't intervene to shut everything down.

Just sayin wink
Apr. 11, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
Banned
Jealousy jealousy then every team that uses LTIR and goes over the cap gets Fined? Ridiculous pure jealousy is all this is!!!!

other teams don't have screwed cap like your team so ur argument is invalid. looking forward to seeing you paying multiple picks to Kraken to get rid of johnson
Apr. 11, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.
other teams don't have screwed cap like your team so ur argument is invalid. looking forward to seeing you paying multiple picks to Kraken to get rid of johnson

Pay multiple picks to move Johnson, still come back next season with a better team than the one they've got this season.
Bolts20Cup liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.

All good we'll still be the Cup favorite..... Btw that comment just cemented my jealousy argument!
Apr. 11, 2021 at 3:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Rangsey
Pay multiple picks to move Johnson, still come back next season with a better team than the one they've got this season.

But Canes are already higher
Apr. 11, 2021 at 3:57 p.m.
Banned
All good we'll still be the Cup favorite..... Btw that comment just cemented my jealousy argument!

No you won't. Avs and Canes are

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit