Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/CBJ/SJS) - Foligno Noesen for Picks and Picks

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 11, 2021 at 8:41 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: GenXHockey
Dubas got bent over a barrel. Plain and simple. This is not a good trade. Hope I’m wrong.

Yeah well if he didn't do this and Toronto didn't get out of the North people would be calling for his head.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: mondo
Yeah well if he didn't do this and Toronto didn't get out of the North people would be calling for his head.

If he doesn’t make another move and our scoring dries up like last year they will be after his head too.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 8:49 p.m.
torontos finest
If he doesn’t make another move and our scoring dries up like last year they will be after his head too.

I mean anything less than a cup would get people calling for him to be fired. But Folingo gets the chuds on his side for this playoff run.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 8:59 p.m.
Evans truther
Seems like the going rate to eat cap is a 4th rounder, weren't people around here claiming it would take the moon to take on a couple buck? Ok
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:16 p.m.
I make Articals.
Some people voted San jose. Why? They only got a 4th loss Stefan noesen and acquired 1.375 mil of cap
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:17 p.m.
As a Leafs fan I like the acquisition but think the cost was too high. I don't think Foligno at this point is worth more than a second (plus the two 4ths for retention, fine)

In the end I can live with it, as our top prospects are more valuable to us than 1sts as this team will need fresh cheap players in the coming years and draft picks won't be ready yet. But still pricey.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:18 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

Dubas getting fired would help springboard the Leafs into a legit Cup contending team.

cross your fingers and hope the Leafs lose in the 1st Round. 3 1st Round defends and 1 missed playoffs will be his legacy.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:21 p.m.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:23 p.m.
Edited Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:28 p.m.
Quoting: treemos27
What? haha. Leafs nation is gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Liljegren is 22 and still doesn't look anywhere close to NHL ready. We could argue about Sandin because of his age, but he's in the same boat as Liljegren.

Liljegren is perfectly ready for the nhl but the team is going with more veterans. No injuries on the right side this year do no reason to bring him up.

Lilly has been holding the marlies together and playing amazing, I have no issues with him jumping in the lineup.

Guess that's fair, but he looked awful last season. I'd rather take a 1st round pick over a 22 YO defender that isn't playing NHL games, but to each their own

He looked good last season. Shutting down cycles and was great at separating guys from the puck. Little bit of spurgeon peaking through. Now he’s working on his offensive game again.

But like I said it’s a vet thing this year. We have him to jump in if needed though.

Not sure why you have to troll, but Sandin and Liljegren are both multiple years after their draft class and have played multiple seasons pro and neither 100% have looked like they will be full time NHLers

Sandin is the same age as Romanov and has looked much much better in the NHL.

Him and Liljegren are the Marlies best two defensers ... and might be the best d-pair in the AHL.

But Toronto has 3 NHL caliber LD ... and aren't going to ruin their 19 year old prospects for no reason.

Why do you think Mete is on waivers after years with Weber?
Why do you think Juulsen left on waivers in his early twenties?
Why do you think Galchenyuk could never reach his potential?
Why do you think Kotkaniemi was better as a rookie than now?
Why do you think Poehling went from NHL star to an AHL career?
Why do you think Sherbak was lost on waivers in his early twenties?

If you think every prospect SHOULD be in the NHL as soon as its possible than you're just as bad as Bergevin.

Jake Bean was drafted 13th overall the same year as Mete and just got an NHL role this season, despite dominating the AHL for years.

And guess what ... he's playing amazing in the NHL this year ... and he's still waiver exempt ... meanwhile, Mete has lost his NHL spot and might be a waiver claim tomorrow.

Hopefully Romanov and Caufield don't suffer the same fate as every other Montreal 1st rounder ... but they're getting sent down the exact same path ... so who knows?
treemos27 liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:34 p.m.
Voice of unreason
Liljegren is 22 and still doesn't look anywhere close to NHL ready. We could argue about Sandin because of his age, but he's in the same boat as Liljegren.

You're just going on hockeydb and looking at players you have never/barely watched play and determining their NHL readiness...
Liljegren has looked really good this year in the AHL. He has taken a big step. Sandin unfortunately got injured, but looked good when he played and got to practice with the Leafs for over a month.

They'll both be in the NHL next year. 22 and 21 are pretty normal ages to enter the NHL
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:34 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: sensonfire
I've always wondered.

Is Bush 41 your favourite American president or is he in your avatar because of that smile of his?

It looks funny.

smile

I'm Canadian so I don't really care about American's presidents, I honestly don't know why it's my profile picture, I randomly picked it on another site and it stuck with me
sensonfire and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: drewjenkins
Sandin is the same age as Romanov and has looked much much better in the NHL.

Him and Liljegren are the Marlies best two defensers ... and might be the best d-pair in the AHL.

But Toronto has 3 NHL caliber LD ... and aren't going to ruin their 19 year old prospects for no reason.

If you think every prospect SHOULD be in the NHL as soon as its possible than you're just as bad as Bergevin.

Jake Bean was drafted 13th overall the same year as Mete and just got an NHL role this season, despite dominating the AHL for years.

And guess what ... he's playing amazing in the NHL this year ... and he's still waiver exempt ... meanwhile, Mete has lost his NHL spot and might be a waiver claim tomorrow.

Hopefully Romanov and Caufield don't suffer the same fate as every other Montreal 1st rounder ... but they're getting sent down the exact same path ... so who knows?

Sandin has looked much better than Romanov? You're joking right? Not only has Romanov been better, but it's also his first year playing North American hockey. Just curious, but do you have any stats that back that up?

Mete is on waivers because while he has certain tools, none of them transfer into a serviceable defender. He can skate and transition, but he can't retrieve pucks or finish. He'd be better as a winger IMO.

Juulsen left on waivers because he had a seriously injury and didn't play for over a year. He was looking really good until he got a serious concussions and then a major eye injury days after returning.

Galchenyuk was a 30 goal scorer on Montreal and a consistent 40 PT player. He produced the 2nd most points out of that draft so I don't know what you are talking about here. We swapped him for Domi and then Anderson so Montreal still won.

This statement here proves you don't watch Montreal play. Kotkaniemi is 5x the player he was when he entered the league. Points aren't everything, but some people don't understand this.

When was Poehling an NHL star? He has 5 points in 28 NHL games.

Scherbak was lost on waivers because while he had certain talents, he's your stereotypical lazy Russian player.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:45 p.m.
WentWughes
You're just going on hockeydb and looking at players you have never/barely watched play and determining their NHL readiness...
Liljegren has looked really good this year in the AHL. He has taken a big step. Sandin unfortunately got injured, but looked good when he played and got to practice with the Leafs for over a month.

They'll both be in the NHL next year. 22 and 21 are pretty normal ages to enter the NHL

This statement is quite funny. People call me an undercover leafs fan on twitter because I watch the Leafs play, but on Capfriendly, I just look on HockeyDB and don't watch the games. I do watch the Leafs games as well as many other teams, and that's why I'm rarely ever wrong when it comes to predicting winners of trades/signings. I'm not arguing if Liljegren or Sandin are busts, I'm simply stating that I'd rather a 1st round pick to get someone better.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:47 p.m.
Voice of unreason
This statement is quite funny. People call me an undercover leafs fan on twitter because I watch the Leafs play, but on Capfriendly, I just look on HockeyDB and don't watch the games. I do watch the Leafs games as well as many other teams, and that's why I'm rarely ever wrong when it comes to predicting winners of trades/signings. I'm not arguing if Liljegren or Sandin are busts, I'm simply stating that I'd rather a 1st round pick to get someone better.

You watch the Marlies though obviously, right? You've watched Liljegren play this year?
If you had you wouldn't want a late 1st instead
Apr. 11, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
WentWughes
You watch the Marlies though obviously, right? You've watched Liljegren play this year?
If you had you wouldn't want a late 1st instead

Maybe it's a coincidence when he played Laval (That's the only time I watched him in the AHL) but he wasn't anything special.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 10:07 p.m.
Quoting: Tntpod
Some people voted San jose. Why? They only got a 4th loss Stefan noesen and acquired 1.375 mil of cap

Noesen is such an old prospect that he was involved in the Ducks trading B. Ryan to Ottawa trade, which was a century ago.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
This is a horrible deal for the Leafs... massive overpayment. How does Foligno net the same return as Savard?
Apr. 11, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
Voice of unreason
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
This is a horrible deal for the Leafs... massive overpayment. How does Foligno net the same return as Savard?

Foligno>Savard
Apr. 11, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
WentWughes

Analytically, Merrill is better than Savard which blows my mind. Montreal only paid a 5th for him
Apr. 11, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
Leafs win this if they win the cup or if Foligno re-signs for a hometown discount after this season.

CBJ win if the draft picks turn into anything of value.

Personally I think there's a lot better chance of a 1st turning into a player of value than the Leafs winning the cup.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 10:40 p.m.
WentWughes
Leafs win this if they win the cup or if Foligno re-signs for a hometown discount after this season.

CBJ win if the draft picks turn into anything of value.

Personally I think there's a lot better chance of a 1st turning into a player of value than the Leafs winning the cup.

Look at this trade with no context whatsoever, it's a 3rd liner pending UFA for a 1st round pick and 2 4ths. Columbus wins this trade until they don't.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2021 at 11:28 p.m.
Look at this trade with no context whatsoever, it's a 3rd liner pending UFA for a 1st round pick and 2 4ths. Columbus wins this trade until they don't.

Columbus wins this trade even if Toronto wins the cup.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 1:34 a.m.
Quoting: Trickster
1st round hurts to pay but I'd rather pay the 1st then one of our top prospects.

I'm willing to bet Jarmo would've rather taken Nick or one of the D's, too. Dubas is betting on this pick being a very late 1st rounder.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 1:38 a.m.
I'd still rather have Palmieri and Zajac than Foligno and Nash. I realize the apology wouldn't have worked out as well without getting even more creative, but I think NYI are TDL winner so far. At least as far as the buyers go.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 2:39 a.m.
Edited Apr. 12, 2021 at 3:01 a.m.
Dubas got bent over a barrel. Plain and simple. This is not a good trade. Hope I’m wrong.

Imagine calling this "all in".....oh dear

and BOS just said BAAAAAM

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit