SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:07 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Exactly. It’s legal for people to smoke cigarettes, but it’s not legal to smoke cigarettes inside of a business that doesn’t allow them. So by not taking the vaccine you are risking the health of other people, not just your own.

I'm sorry?

Smoking can be and is a direct cause of lung cancer, which puts people into hospitals, forcing them to treat these people.
Same goes for obesity. It can lead to societal issues, so your argument that «cigarettes only hurt people who smoke and don't involve anyone else» is not accurate

Just wanted to clarify that
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:10 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Wow. I say I’m going to wait a little bit before I get the vaccine and im labeled a selfish conspiracy theorist. Real mature boys.

I’m not one of those people who thinks bill gates and George soros are trying to inject you with chips and take over the world.

All I’m saying, is that everyone should have the right to choose. The vaccine should be strongly recommended for everyone, but not mandatory. People, whether nhl players or not, have the right to choose. That right should always be preserved. That’s all I’m saying.

The fact that this is a controversial opinion worthy of getting called a «conspiracy theorist» is mindblowing to me
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:12 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
The fact that this is a controversial opinion worthy of getting called a «conspiracy theorist is mindblowing to me»

Exactly. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I’m not antivax, I’m just gonna wait a little bit to see if people grow a third leg lol (not really but you know what I mean).Some of them look fairly safe thus far.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
torontos finest
Wow. I say I’m going to wait a little bit before I get the vaccine and im labeled a selfish conspiracy theorist. Real mature boys.

I’m not one of those people who thinks bill gates and George soros are trying to inject you with chips and take over the world.

All I’m saying, is that everyone should have the right to choose. The vaccine should be strongly recommended for everyone, but not mandatory. People, whether nhl players or not, have the right to choose. That right should always be preserved. That’s all I’m saying.

I said absolutely nothing about you being a conspiracy theorist.

But you're correct in the most obnoxious way. Yeah, you don't have to get a vaccine, just like I don't have to invite you into my house because you won't get it and restaurants and services can refuse your business because you won't get it. If there's a non-lethal but incredibly spreadable pathogen going around that managed to grind the entire world to a halt, I'd rather get the proven way to not end up getting it by random chance. You learn about what vaccines are and what they do in grade school. I'll take whatever chance on the method and process that managed to eradicate smallpox in the 70s. I'm certain I'll be fine since I've gotten vaccinated for a lot of things before.

It's your right to choose, but it's my right to not respect you and believe you are selfish because of your choice.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
The fact that this is a controversial opinion worthy of getting called a «conspiracy theorist» is mindblowing to me

Imagine being called crazy for wanting to make sure something you put into your body is safe
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:17 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
I said absolutely nothing about you being a conspiracy theorist.

But you're correct in the most obnoxious way. Yeah, you don't have to get a vaccine, just like I don't have to invite you into my house because you won't get it and restaurants and services can refuse your business because you won't get it. If there's a non-lethal but incredibly spreadable pathogen going around that managed to grind the entire world to a halt, I'd rather get the proven way to not end up getting it by random chance. You learn about what vaccines are and what they do in grade school. I'll take whatever chance on the method and process that managed to eradicate smallpox in the 70s.

It's your right to choose, but it's my right to not respect you and believe you are selfish because of your choice.

You didn’t call me a conspiracy theorist and I commend that.
Like I said, I just want to make sure that something I inject in my body is safe, that’s all. I’m not against stopping a virus.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
torontos finest
For some reason Rielly has been horrendous on the powerplay. He plays on the point and just... never makes good decisions. One of the reasons the PP sucked ass for so long was because his really generic shot distribution was hampering the rest of the unit.
MitchMarner_16 and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:07 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Exactly. It’s legal for people to smoke cigarettes, but it’s not legal to smoke cigarettes inside of a business that doesn’t allow them. So by not taking the vaccine you are risking the health of other people, not just your own.

Incredibly selfish take. Vaccinations and safety measures aren't just about you.

What?
No you are not risking the health of anyone by not getting the vaccine.
If you are, the vaccine doesn't work. Plain and simple.
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:09 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Saskleaf
What?
No you are not risking the health of anyone by not getting the vaccine.
If you are, the vaccine doesn't work. Plain and simple.

what
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:12 p.m.
what

A vaccine is self protecting. Even with the vaccine he can still spread it apparently. So whether or not He has the vaccine won’t change the fact He will spread it and be a carrier for it. That said, all a vaccine does it stop HIM from getting ill. It doesn’t really protect anyone else, or at least I haven’t seen any articles proving evidence that it does.
Saskleaf, justaBoss and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:12 p.m.
Go leafs go

Imagine being called crazy for wanting to make sure something you put into your body is safe

Yup. If you so much as suggest that the vaccine might be unsafe or ineffective it's called "misinformation" (which isn't even a word anyways).
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:14 p.m.
Go leafs go
what

A vaccine is self protecting. Even with the vaccine you can still spread it apparently. So whether or not I have the vaccine won’t change the fact I will spread it and be a carrier for it. That said, all a vaccine does it stop ME from getting ill. It doesn’t really protect anyone else, or at least I haven’t seen any articles proving evidence that it does.

This
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:15 p.m.
torontos finest
A vaccine is self protecting. Even with the vaccine you can still spread it apparently. So whether or not I have the vaccine won’t change the fact I will spread it and be a carrier for it. That said, all a vaccine does it stop ME from getting ill. It doesn’t really protect anyone else, or at least I haven’t seen any articles proving evidence that it does.

I'm legitimately going to do a backflip off the roof of my apartment building.

You are much less likely to spread a pathogen if your body is able to defend you from it.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:18 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Saskleaf
Yup. If you so much as suggest that the vaccine might be unsafe or ineffective it's called "misinformation" (which isn't even a word anyways).

Misinformation is a word. It's in the dictionary. What?!?!?!?!?!

You're not proving actual proof about the vaccine being unsafe or ineffective. You're just reverberating what-ifs based on personal choice.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.
I'm legitimately going to do a backflip off the roof of my apartment building.

You are much less likely to spread a pathogen if your body is able to defend you from it.

Ahhh but that’s the problem. Literally every article I have read on these vaccines has said that they will not stop your body from INFECTION, it will stop from ILLNESS, and do that quite well apparently.

That’s why, me getting this particular vaccine isn’t protecting anyone else, it’s protecting me from getting sick and symptoms.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Ahhh but that’s the problem. Literally every article I have read on these vaccines has said that they will not stop your body from INFECTION, it will stop from ILLNESS, and do that quite well apparently.

That’s why, me getting this particular vaccine isn’t protecting anyone else, it’s protecting me from getting sick and symptoms.

Having illness symptoms decreases the likelihood of spreading the infection.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:25 p.m.
Having illness symptoms decreases the likelihood of spreading the infection.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-so-what-can-you-safely-do-2021032522230

It is still possible to spread the virus after vaccination. So all I am saying is that my getting this particular vaccine will not stop me from spreading it or being infected asymptomatically, but it will reduce my risk of getting sick and hospitalized.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:35 p.m.
torontos finest
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-so-what-can-you-safely-do-2021032522230

It is still possible to spread the virus after vaccination. So all I am saying is that my getting this particular vaccine will not stop me from spreading it or being infected asymptomatically, but it will reduce my risk of getting sick and hospitalized.

I've never said the vaccine would prevent you from spreading it, I've repeatedly said it's less likely, because your body can defend itself from it and reduce the conditions of spreading it. You still have to have safety measures until a significant portion of the population is vaccinated, which will further reduce the likelihood of it spreading and we can go back to normal or whatever. Sneeze on all the railings when you have the normal flu instead of the one that lasts 2 weeks and kills your grandparents.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:39 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Woulda stayed in the nutsack if I knew there was gonna be nights like these
MitchMarner_16 and justaBoss liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:49 p.m.
I've never said the vaccine would prevent you from spreading it, I've repeatedly said it's less likely, because your body can defend itself from it and reduce the conditions of spreading it. You still have to have safety measures until a significant portion of the population is vaccinated, which will further reduce the likelihood of it spreading and we can go back to normal or whatever. Sneeze on all the railings when you have the normal flu instead of the one that lasts 2 weeks and kills your grandparents.

I agree with most things you have said here. The only thing I don’t like is that people who can’t get it for moral or personal reasons might be stripped of liberties and freedoms. that’s it. I just don’t want people to be forced to do something, or get something, they don’t want to do or get.

Anywho, good discussion. I really enjoyed this civil discussion, but we should most likely stop littering the forums with this discussion before we cause everyone to block us and we get forum infractions lmao.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 10:01 p.m.
Go leafs go
Misinformation is a word. It's in the dictionary. What?!?!?!?!?!

You're not proving actual proof about the vaccine being unsafe or ineffective. You're just reverberating what-ifs based on personal choice.

Ok, here you go.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/

The vaccine came to Canada in mid December.
By a month or so, all the provinces had and were distributing them.
Yet now, despite more vaccines than ever, cases are going back up.
In other words, cases have not really changed. A week ago Canada had its all time daily high.
Why is this?
If the vaccine actual worked, wouldn't we be seeing drop instead of stay the same/rise?
I'm not a doctor, but is that not the point of vaccines? Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist here. Just confused why cases are going up despite the vaccine.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 10:12 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Alright, that'll be enough. If you guys wanna keep up the vaccine conversation, please take it to Discord or off site. This absolutely isn't the place for it.
MitchMarner_16, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 10:12 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Alright, that'll be enough. If you guys wanna keep up the vaccine conversation, please take it to Discord or off site. This absolutely isn't the place for it.

Ok, sorry. I will stop.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Go leafs go
Folingo looked good in his debut from what I saw (didn't see the whole game).
Apr. 22, 2021 at 10:15 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

Understood. Appreciate the warning and no infractions.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll