SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

May 5, 2021 at 10:49 a.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I'll add one for you:

If Dallas loses tonight, Comeau and Bowness are both kicked out of the state and exiled to Alaska.

Probably.
May 5, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Today’s clinching scenarios:

If Winnipeg loses in any fashion and Montréal loses in any fashion, Edmonton will clinch home ice in the 1st round.

If Winnipeg wins in regulation, they clinch a playoff spot.

If Calgary loses in regulation and Montréal gets a point or if Calgary loses in any fashion and Montréal wins in any fashion, Calgary will be officially eliminated from the playoffs.

If Nashville wins in any fashion and Dallas loses in regulation, the Predators will clinch a playoff spot and the Stars will be eliminated.

If Arizona loses in regulation or St. Louis wins in any fashion or Arizona loses in any fashion and St. Louis gets a point, the Coyotes will be officially eliminated from the playoffs.

If LA loses in regulation and St. Louis wins in regulation, the Kings will be officially eliminated from the playoffs.

So if i understand correctly only 4th spot in the North is guaranteed to not be clinched tonight but all others could be
Saskleaf liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
NYR fires Jeff Gorton and Davidson. Wow. Gorton is one of the best gms imo
KSIxSKULLS and yikes liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 2:52 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: AndrewLadd

joke league

EDIT: given the context from Seravalli, not sure if they were fired for disagreeing with the Rangers statement or if they were fired because it was published.
May 5, 2021 at 2:52 p.m.
WentWughes
Apparently Gorton and Davidson were both fired because they tried to distance themselves from the statement the Rangers released yesterday. I don't know how true this is, but one of the best GM's in the league is currently available.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
So if i understand correctly only 4th spot in the North is guaranteed to not be clinched tonight but all others could be

No, St. Louis can’t clinch because they need both Arizona and LA to lose, but LA and Arizona are playing eachother.
May 5, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

WTF?
AndrewLadd liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.

Depending on why this could end up badly
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
WentWughes
Depending on why this could end up badly

Underachieving according to reports. Apparently 0 factor is on the statement yesterday (which coincidentally Gorton and Davison didn't agree with)
yikes and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:07 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Underachieving according to reports. Apparently 0 factor is on the statement yesterday (which coincidentally Gorton and Davison didn't agree with)

i don't buy it
Saskleaf, yikes, BuFfaLOFaN and 3 others liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:09 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

i don't buy it

Either it's the worst timing in the world, or they got fired for the whole Tom Wilson debacle.
yikes, BuFfaLOFaN and KSIxSKULLS liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
What in tarnation
New York Rangers

So Drury's the new GM.

The question is - why?
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Either it's the worst timing in the world, or they got fired for the whole Tom Wilson debacle.

Well them trying to distance themselves from the statement definitely had something to play
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and KSIxSKULLS liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Go leafs go
Well them trying to distance themselves from the statement definitely had something to play

Maybe it was just the straw that broke the camels back.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Here’s my take.

I think the main issue here of why Gordon and JD were fired is because they disagreed with Dolan, Dolan has created a dumpster fire in every New York team he touches and he’s never really touched the Rangers then we can assume dolan has the statement and there was some disagreement with management saying it shouldn’t be put out and then obviously the NHL tells them what the heck and then Dolan fires them because they disagree with him likely not backing his cause. I’d assume there already was something going on for it to happen this fast but this was the “straw that broke the camels back”, and Dolan is petty and has a weak “back” and then now we have one of the best GM’s on the market

Dolan continues to be a cancer to New York
May 5, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
The Groton firing is ridiculous. Who cares about their personal situation, I have complete confidence Gordon was going to build a Stanley Cup champion. Maybe even 2 times. An inability to separate sports from life might cost the Rangers a Cup
yikes, Saskleaf and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:19 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
Here’s my take.

I think the main issue here of why Gordon and JD were fired is because they disagreed with Dolan, Dolan has created a dumpster fire in every New York team he touches and he’s never really touched the Rangers then we can assume dolan has the statement and there was some disagreement with management saying it shouldn’t be put out and then obviously the NHL tells them what the heck and then Dolan fires them because they disagree with him likely not backing his cause. I’d assume there already was something going on for it to happen this fast but this was the “straw that broke the camels back”, and Dolan is petty and has a weak “back” and then now we have one of the best GM’s on the market

Rangers have had a bad year, first Deangelo then the Panarin allegations and now the Wilson and firings contreversies
Saskleaf and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 3:29 p.m.
Jinx god
Rangers have had a bad year, first Deangelo then the Panarin allegations and now the Wilson and firings contreversies

Tell me about it. Going from 2 games away from winning the Stanley Cup to missing the playoffs really sucks. Why does it have to be the Rangers with the fired GM, why not us.
Saskleaf and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
If Gorton and Davidson were really fired for performance they would've been fired after the season. Bettman called Dolan to voice his displeasure with the situation. He didn't tell Dolan to clean it up (he didn't have to), but Dolan read between the lines and brought the hammer down. The league had to stand behind Paros' decision once it was announced, imo.
yikes liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
If Gorton and Davidson were really fired for performance they would've been fired after the season. Bettman called Dolan to voice his displeasure with the situation. He didn't tell Dolan to clean it up (he didn't have to), but Dolan read between the lines and brought the hammer down. The league had to stand behind Paros' decision once it was announced, imo.

Well i think them wanting to distance themselves from the statement was the straw that broke the camels back
Saskleaf, yikes, LeafsFanForSomeReason and 2 others liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 4:45 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016

What? Gorton and JD were the guys trying to distance themselves from the statement. How does firing them "clean it up".
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 4:46 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Well i think them wanting to distance themselves from the statement was the straw that broke the camels back

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
What? Gorton and JD were the guys trying to distance themselves from the statement. How does firing them "clean it up".

It just comes down to Dolan being a terrible owner. If you don’t know anything about Dolan or what he’s done before a quick search on YouTube fills yah in. He’s a terrible owner and it’s usually his way or the highway. A disagreement shouldn’t lead to a good gm being fired. For example if Yzerman voiced displeasure with the statement he shouldn’t be fired. Not the same gm obviously but the point being Gorton built a good team with good trades and drafting. Statement or not Dolan seemingly had plans to get rid of management either way which is terrible. A new teams gonna get a good gm for “free” now in a sense without having to look hard.
May 5, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
It just comes down to Dolan being a terrible owner. If you don’t know anything about Dolan or what he’s done before a quick search on YouTube fills yah in. He’s a terrible owner and it’s usually his way or the highway. A disagreement shouldn’t lead to a good gm being fired. For example if Yzerman voiced displeasure with the statement he shouldn’t be fired. Not the same gm obviously but the point being Gorton built a good team with good trades and drafting. Statement or not Dolan seemingly had plans to get rid of management either way which is terrible. A new teams gonna get a good gm for “free” now in a sense without having to look hard.

I'm familiar with Dolan. I was pointing out the illogicalness of Gorton and JD being fired over the statement due to league influence (as the other commenter was suggesting), when they were the ones reportedly trying to distance themselves from it.
May 5, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Tell me about it. Going from 2 games away from winning the Stanley Cup to missing the playoffs really sucks. Why does it have to be the Rangers with the fired GM, why not us.

Why NHL teams have so many cancerous owners...haven't heard many positives on that regard. Pegula, Dolan, Gaglardi...I'm certain there's some names to add to the list.
May 5, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: justaBoss
Why NHL teams have so many cancerous owners...haven't heard many positives on that regard. Pegula, Dolan, Gaglardi...I'm certain there's some names to add to the list.

Melnyk (and Ballard if we are talking all time).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll