SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

May 6, 2021 at 8:10 a.m.
I'd expect a couple fines and a suspension to come from the Caps-Rangers game, Buchnevich will probably get a suspension and players like Mantha and others might get fines. Does Buchnevich deserve a suspension yes, should he get one, no considering Wilson didn't get one
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 8:35 a.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
He's my favourite prospect this draft. I have him at #1, if the team doesn't need a forward he's my pick.

Ikr, he was very good, even against Canada in the first game. I've never seen Power play, actually, because I can't find NCAA games on TV but I've seen Edvinsson, Guenther, Clarke, etc. at the u18s and Beniers was amazing at the WJC as an underager. As of right now, taking people's word for Power's play, I think it'll go Edvinsson-Beniers-Power as the top three
EsoYeezus69 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 8:48 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I'd expect a couple fines and a suspension to come from the Caps-Rangers game, Buchnevich will probably get a suspension and players like Mantha and others might get fines. Does Buchnevich deserve a suspension yes, should he get one, no considering Wilson didn't get one

nah buch will get a suspension and the rangers will go ballistic but he jumped and crosschecked mantha in the head. Even factoring in all the stuff leading up to it you still cant cross check someone in the head. thats kadri level suspension. probably gets the rest of the season off. not sure about everyone else to be honest. they all just had one fight and that was really it. nothing extra just buch.
Remus and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 9:07 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
nah buch will get a suspension and the rangers will go ballistic but he jumped and crosschecked mantha in the head. Even factoring in all the stuff leading up to it you still cant cross check someone in the head. thats kadri level suspension. probably gets the rest of the season off. not sure about everyone else to be honest. they all just had one fight and that was really it. nothing extra just buch.

Buch definitely deserves the suspension just comparing it to other incidents which the DoPS haven't cared about it continues to show a double standard
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 10:45 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Why are you saying that?

It's a prediction, more or less.
May 6, 2021 at 10:52 a.m.
torontos finest
Buch is getting a hearing. I'd say the cross check is probably worth a game.

Watch Parros give him like 5 games or something.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 10:54 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
Buch is getting a hearing. I'd say the cross check is probably worth a game.

Watch Parros give him like 5 games or something.

He'll get max 2, they won't give him a suspension going into next year
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
torontos finest
He'll get max 2, they won't give him a suspension going into next year

Honestly depends on how petty Parros wants to be with this.
May 6, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Jinx god
Bones has done it for the last time. He's playing Blake Frigging Comeau over our best skater and shooter in Gurianov. He has Gurianov on the FOURTH LINE, him and Torts are probably long lost brothers.

I would put Dickinson and Gurianov on the third line with Faksa, and then put Cogs and Comeau with Kero on the Taxi Squad and replace them with Caamano, Gardner and Dellandrea on the fourth line.
May 6, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Today’s clinching scenarios:

If Montréal gets a point, Calgary will be officially eliminated from the playoffs.

If Montréal wins in any fashion and Vancouver loses in any fashion or if Montréal gets one point and Vancouver loses in regulation, the Canadiens will clinch a playoff spot.

If Edmonton gets a point they will clinch home ice in the 1st round.

If Pittsburgh wins in any fashion and Boston loses in regulation, the Penguins will clinch home ice in the 1st round.

If Buffalo loses in any fashion they will clinch 31st in the NHL.
May 6, 2021 at 12:07 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rangers fined $250,000 for spitting facts
yikes, Kotkaniemi15, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd

That's it??? I was expecting something much heftier than that.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Pocket change for them.
yikes and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 12:12 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
So, where does that $250k go? I imagine into a fund to pay lawyers fighting ex-players injury lawsuits against the league would be appropriate here.
yikes liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited May 6, 2021 at 12:21 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
"The Athletic has also learned that the team’s official Tuesday statement regarding the NHL Department of Player Safety head George Parros, following the now-infamous Wilson-Panarin incident Monday, was all Dolan’s doing. But whether Davidson or Gorton were on board with the statement — which could have long-reaching after-effects for the franchise — was not the reason for the twin firings."

-The Athletic

I just read this article so plz disregard everything I previously said. Regardless of what happened behind the scenes, it appears there was a rift developing between ownership and the front office all season. What I don't understand is why Dolan would grow impatient with the rebuild so soon? The Knicks have been terrible for 20 years. I thought the Rangers were on the right track and everyone agreed with that.

Good quote but it’s just simply Dolan. He picks fights and sticks to them; more often than not he’s completely wrong.

Elliotte said it as well; Dolan clearly had a plan to fire them, and they didn’t back his cause. He basically put out the statement and management knew (like all of us) a fine was coming. They knew Dolan and the “cancer” he is and had to distance themselves. Dolan clearly is "enacting" his plan as he thinks the ranger should be winning right now
A_Habs_fan and Brian2016 liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: mondo
Pocket change for them.

Ik but still unnecessary
May 6, 2021 at 2:16 p.m.
"The Athletic has also learned that the team’s official Tuesday statement regarding the NHL Department of Player Safety head George Parros, following the now-infamous Wilson-Panarin incident Monday, was all Dolan’s doing. But whether Davidson or Gorton were on board with the statement — which could have long-reaching after-effects for the franchise — was not the reason for the twin firings."

-The Athletic

I just read this article so plz disregard everything I previously said. Regardless of what happened behind the scenes, it appears there was a rift developing between ownership and the front office all season. What I don't understand is why Dolan would grow impatient with the rebuild so soon? The Knicks have been terrible for 20 years. I thought the Rangers were on the right track and everyone agreed with that.

-The Athletic

Not only were they on the right track, they were rebuilding in record speeds and with massive promise
Brian2016 and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 4:09 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
If Habs get a point tonight they clinch and both Vancouver and Calgary get eliminated
May 6, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
If Habs get a point tonight they clinch and both Vancouver and Calgary get eliminated

Actually no only Calgary gets eliminated. As Kk15 said If Montréal wins in any fashion and Vancouver loses in any fashion or if Montréal gets one point and Vancouver loses in regulation, the Canadiens will clinch a playoff spot.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
May 6, 2021 at 4:19 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Actually no only Calgary gets eliminated. As Kk15 said If Montréal wins in any fashion and Vancouver loses in any fashion or if Montréal gets one point and Vancouver loses in regulation, the Canadiens will clinch a playoff spot.

Is Vancouver already eliminated?
May 6, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Not only were they on the right track, they were rebuilding in record speeds and with massive promise

So is David Quinn gonna be the coach heading into next season? Gotta think his leash will be very short if he is, right?
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Brace for the Storm
Edited May 6, 2021 at 4:39 p.m.
Buchnevich suspened one game

So what's the message the league is sending here?

Try killing someone after he defended a teammate and you get a 5K fine

Probably overreacting to a moron taunting you and you get one game
BuFfaLOFaN, Brian2016, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Kopitar HOF
May 6, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Buchnevich suspened one game

So what's the message the league is sending here?

Try killing someone after he defended a teammate and you get a 5K fine

Probably overreacting to a moron taunting you and you game one game

I think that IS the message, lol. Retaliatory penalties are always treated more severely than the original act.
May 6, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
I think that IS the message, lol. Retaliatory penalties are always treated more severely than the original act.

I think the league had no choice but to suspend Buch. If they didn't, 2 wrongs don't make a right and they leave the door open for all kinds of chaos. Best case would've been suspending Wilson in the first place and then much of last night probably doesn't happen.
A_Habs_fan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll