SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(BOS/BUF) - Bjork and 2nd round pick for Hall, Lazar

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 12, 2021 at 8:41 a.m.
Quoting: Random2152
This will be a rude awakening to all those Buffalo fans that were insistent on Hall returning a 1st and a good prospect.
That is a good trade for Boston
Huge return for Boston.
Just look at how many players underperformed for Krueger.
Hall will be fine in Boston.
Quoting: Joe_La_Garnotte
Boston won by a mile... Maybe a few miles
By at least a first round pick.
Lazar is better than Bjork, when Buffalo needs to win a face off, Lazar is put on the ice.
Quoting: Efmjnc
Thats all it took? wow that is cheaper than I thought for a guy who could become his Hart trophy form from 2018
IMO the other GM's know Adams is over his head and underpaid in every trade he made. I am not surprised.
Quoting: Jurajio
A part of me was thinking he would get a conditional first honestly. But Boston may miss the playoffs if they don't preform and somehow NYR or Philly starts doing well again
Adams failed another test.
After TML picked up Foligno, NYI added Palmieri and PIT traded for Carter I knew the only team left looking for a forward and Adams would need to settle for 2nd.
Quoting: justaBoss
Either Adams is very high on Bjork, or he himself is just very, very high.
Kevyn is just high and every GM fleeced him.
Quoting: Barbs
Just endless suffering in Buffalo these days
At least Granato has them playing much better.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I second this
Yup, when Adams was anointed GM everyone in my hockey circle knew it would be the worst of time.
Quoting: cyrillicguy
Hahahaha Nick Foligno and David Savard got 1sts. I mean Hall had a **** year but damn.
Do not forget Palmieri also returned a first.
Playing for a team that had been shut out 7 times this year he still had more pts than Palmieri or Foligno.
Quoting: EmpressKayla
BOS didn't even need to pay a 1st? This is a huge win, especially given that Bjork is almost done developing and isn't good.
BJork was added IMO for Cap space, I do not think he will be a Sabre after his contract expires.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
This is what I expected Hall to go for. Should be a solid 2nd liner for Boston.
It's weird to see Boston acquiring Canadian players, besides Marchand/Bergeron, their team is mostly American players.
Hall will excel for Boston.
Quoting: Dzinger18
Somehow Savard is worth a 1st and a 3rd, but Hall is worth a 2nd.
I asked the same question. I said above, IMO every NHL GM knows he is over his head and took advantage of his low hockey IQ.
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 8:46 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
The trade is two for two
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
CHI NYI
If this was the best offer Buffalo got, just imagine what the other offers were like
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:03 a.m.
Jinx god
Imagine if Boston beats Buffalo for 1st overall... won't happen, but it would be funny.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:08 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
LOL love seeing other fan bases try and **** on Bjork without actually watching him or knowing how he was handled in Boston. Cassidy loved to staple this kid to the bench for the smallest things. It wasn't uncommon for him to staple Bjork to the bench for have a shift that was slightly longer than Cassidy wanted. One turnover and BOOM Cassidy would staple him to the bench. Bjork had a stretch where he one of Boston's better forwards, he then had one bad game and Cassidy scratched him.
Now I'm not saying Bjork is some stud, but he at worst is a 3rd line LW/RW that plays a 200ft game. Can play on the PK, has good hands and when he plays with confidence he can be more of a middle-6 player. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go on and find success like other former Bruins forwards have after leaving
Lazar is better than Bjork.
He has more goals and assists than Bjork.
Lazar plays nearly a minute more of PK per game than Bjork.
Finally Lazar can win face offs. Lazar was always used to win the FO to start the OT period.
It was a bad trade all around, losing Lazar for Bjork just made it that much worse.
Let me add, Buffalo does not need another bottom 6 LW, both Asplund and Sheahan have more goals and points than BJork.
Kevyn Adams is stupid and way over his head and he lost every trade he made.
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:08 a.m.
Watches no games
Give me the name of that lone Buffalo-voter so I don't have to take their posts and comments seriously ever again
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:09 a.m.
Bullalo tryed to Call Ottawa so They can get more picks but Ottawa Hang up when the heard they need to retained 2 Million Cap for a 4th round pick from boston
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:11 a.m.
torontos finest
Hall had a NMC NTC and could choose is destination.

He watched the Bruins lose 8-1 and decided that was where he needed to be.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Lazar is better than Bjork.
He has more goals and assists than Bjork.
Lazar plays nearly a minute more of PK per game than Bjork.
Finally Lazar can win face offs. Lazar was always used to win the FO to start the OT period.
It was a bad trade all around, losing Lazar for Bjork just made it that much worse.
Let me add, Buffalo does not need another bottom 6 LW, both Asplund and Sheahan have more goals and points than BJork.
Kevyn Adams is stupid and way over his head and he lost every trade he made.

Cool story

I never compared Bjork w/ Lazar and never said anything about the value of the trade

cheers
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:29 a.m.
Cool story
I never compared Bjork w/ Lazar and never said anything about the value of the trade
cheers
Thank you for your comment.
Three items, first I wanted to respond to your comment that Bjork helping Buffalo, he will not as Buffalo has LW who are better than he.
Second, I wanted it make it clear that Kevyn Adams actually got LESS than a second for Hall.
Hall has more pts than either Palmieri or Foligno, yet they both returned a first, Adams got less than a second.
Lastly, I am really upset that Adams failed to get a first.
I said earlier, IMO ALL of the other NHL GM's know he is over his head and took advantage of him.
He lost every trade he made.
Just for example in five games played for Colorado Johansson has a 1.87 GAA, 3 wins, 0 losses, 1 tie, 1 shut out, and a 0.929 Sv%.
I bet everyone in Buffalo thought, "WOW a 6th for Johansson, Sakic must be crazy".
Regardless, thank you for trying to make be feel better about getting Bjork.
IMO Lazar is outperform Bjork for the balance of the year.
Boston upgraded their top and bottom 6 forwards and all it cost them was a late 2nd round pick.
Finally, let's agree, Boston won the trade by a light year, not just a mile.
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:54 a.m.
Thank you for your comment.
Three items, first I wanted to respond to your comment that Bjork helping Buffalo, he will not as Buffalo has LW who are better than he.
Second, I wanted it make it clear that Kevyn Adams actually got LESS than a second for Hall.
Hall has more pts than either Palmieri or Foligno, yet they both returned a first, Adams got less than a second.
Lastly, I am really upset that Adams failed to get a first.
I said earlier, IMO ALL of the other NHL GM's know he is over his head and took advantage of him.
He lost every trade he made.
Just for example in five games played for Colorado Johansson has a 1.87 GAA, 3 wins, 0 losses, 1 tie, 1 shut out, and a 0.929 Sv%.
I bet everyone in Buffalo thought, "WOW a 6th for Johansson, Sakic must be crazy".
Regardless, thank you for trying to make be feel better about getting Bjork.
IMO Lazar is outperform Bjork for the balance of the year.
Boston upgraded their top and bottom 6 forwards and all it cost them was a late 2nd round pick.
Finally, let's agree, Boston won the trade by a light year, not just a mile.

Bjork also plays RW, plays more RW than LW and actually broke into the league play on Bergeron's RW. I also never said anything about Buffalo, just that I hope Bjork find success there. So you're commenting on a point I never made, good job!

As for the trade, Hall had a NMC aka he was in the driver seat. Edmonton could have offered McDavid and Leon for Hall, but unless Hall approved a deal to EDM it wouldn't matter. The group of teams that Buffalo had to negotiate with wasn't very large because of Hall's NMC. Top that with his meh number this year and that's why the return for Hall is underwhelming. At the end of the day Buffalo gambled that Hall would have a monster year and they'd cash in at the TDL. Hall gambled he'd have a monster year with Eichel and cash in a fat contract this off-season. So far the gamble hasn't paid off for either team.

Boston hands down won the trade
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:59 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: MelonVK
Give me the name of that lone Buffalo-voter so I don't have to take their posts and comments seriously ever again

You won't laugh when Boston wins the draft lottery...
gretzkyghosts and Zubrowka liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 10:02 a.m.
Jacob
so according to nhl gms the following players are valued as follows:

1. David Savard
2. Nick Foligno
3. Taylor Hall

lol k
gretzkyghosts and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 10:05 a.m.
Bjork also plays RW, plays more RW than LW and actually broke into the league play on Bergeron's RW. I also never said anything about Buffalo, just that I hope Bjork find success there. So you're commenting on a point I never made, good job!

As for the trade, Hall had a NMC aka he was in the driver seat. Edmonton could have offered McDavid and Leon for Hall, but unless Hall approved a deal to EDM it wouldn't matter. The group of teams that Buffalo had to negotiate with wasn't very large because of Hall's NMC. Top that with his meh number this year and that's why the return for Hall is underwhelming. At the end of the day Buffalo gambled that Hall would have a monster year and they'd cash in at the TDL. Hall gambled he'd have a monster year with Eichel and cash in a fat contract this off-season. So far the gamble hasn't paid off for either team.

Boston hands down won the trade

" good job!" Very Angry
I guess you missed the part "Finally, let's agree, Boston won the trade by a light year, not just a mile."
Saskleaf and GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
Honestly I just don't think Buffalo got enough I feel they may have waited too long.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 10:18 a.m.
" good job!" Very Angry
I guess you missed the part "Finally, let's agree, Boston won the trade by a light year, not just a mile."

Guess you missed the part where in my very last sentence I said "Boston hands down won the trade" but then again looking through this thread you've been pretty fired up about this trade.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 10:36 a.m.
Boston wins big here in terms of value compared to what other teams spent 1sts on. This is a big swing for the fences season for an aging roster who is more vulnerable than they have been, and a 2nd is a very reasonable price to try and edge their chances a little higher while Bergeron is still an effective 1C.

I think this is very much a boom or bust in terms of Hall working out. He will likely get slotted in next to Krejci, which isn't going to fix what ails him in Buffalo. Hall should finish better than he has, but he isn't a high end goal scorer, he is a very strong playmaker and strong in transition, and I think building a 2nd line around him and Krejci could be tough versus expectations. I think they will be a good 2nd line, but I think Hall will get scrutinized for his offensive production very quickly if it's anything substantially less than a point per game, and Boston is going into the playoffs as a likely first round underdog for the first time in quite a number of years. There are a lot of scenarios that are not far fetched where Hall plays decently, but isn't enough to get the Bruins out of the first round, and doesn't put up the easy to defend offensive numbers, and that will make for some interesting revisionist history when it's all said and done.
RawDeal liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 10:42 a.m.
Edited Apr. 12, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.

Or the market was just not there. After the Isles picked up Zajac and Palmieri they were out of Hall. Blues, while having some interest, were completely on the fence about buying/selling/standing pat. So then that leaves basically two teams in consideration: Avs and Bruins. Maybe the Avs weren't willing to give up Jost and a 2nd, or Kaut and 1st?

Also worth noting, Hall had a NMC. He controlled the situation which also lowers the value
Zubrowka, Saskleaf and RawDeal liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.
Sabres are elite
Awkward when Lazar is the best piece in the deal.....
RawDeal liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 1:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
This is how I see the trade

it does not look good for buffalo right now BUT... if hall continues to play for the Bruins the same way he played in Buffalo, his motivation does not improve, and he brings that toxic atmosphere into the bruins locker room got to think buffalo wins this just for the fact they got rid of him and got something out of it.

so Boston actually is taking a risk here and despite only paying a 2nd, adding Hall could actually hurt them more than help them if he continues to play the same. Its a wait and see rn before we can determine who really wins besides Lazar lul
Apr. 12, 2021 at 1:49 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I see almost everyone saying that Boston won this trade by far. I'm sure that everyone is presuming that Hall we'll play his best hockey in Boston. If you guys were right, then ok. But who knows??? The FACT is: Hall is having a TERRIBLE season and he's a INJURY PRONE. So, I can't see Boston winning this trade. Not yet. At best, both teams won this one, for now.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
" good job!" Very Angry

It's what he does. When you provide evidence contrary to his opinion he takes his ball and goes home. Usually with some condescending comment.

I agree Lazar is a seriously underrated part of this deal. Decent FO guy with a ton of hits and no penalties. Doesn't appear to turn the puck over.

I don't have a ton of faith in any of the organizations he has played for that they can properly develop their guys.

Bjork will be a pleasant surprise there. I could see turning into something similar to a Reilly Smith. He could also continue to be the guy that it just makes no sense why he isn't producing.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 5:26 p.m.

Or he didn't have a choice. Hall has a NMC and said he only wants to go to Boston.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 5:28 p.m.
Huge return for Boston.
Just look at how many players underperformed for Krueger.
Hall will be fine in Boston. By at least a first round pick.
Lazar is better than Bjork, when Buffalo needs to win a face off, Lazar is put on the ice. IMO the other GM's know Adams is over his head and underpaid in every trade he made. I am not surprised. Adams failed another test.
After TML picked up Foligno, NYI added Palmieri and PIT traded for Carter I knew the only team left looking for a forward and Adams would need to settle for 2nd.
Kevyn is just high and every GM fleeced him. At least Granato has them playing much better. Yup, when Adams was anointed GM everyone in my hockey circle knew it would be the worst of time. Do not forget Palmieri also returned a first.
Playing for a team that had been shut out 7 times this year he still had more pts than Palmieri or Foligno. BJork was added IMO for Cap space, I do not think he will be a Sabre after his contract expires. Hall will excel for Boston. I asked the same question. I said above, IMO every NHL GM knows he is over his head and took advantage of his low hockey IQ.

Hall had a NMC. Adams already said he was limited to Boston. He had to take their best offer.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 5:31 p.m.
Quoting: Propeller09
... I agree Lazar is a seriously underrated part of this deal. Decent FO guy with a ton of hits and no penalties. Doesn't appear to turn the puck over.
I don't have a ton of faith in any of the organizations he has played for that they can properly develop their guys.
Bjork will be a pleasant surprise there...
Thanks for the heads up.
LOL, it only took one exchange for me to block him, so I do not have to deal with him any longer.

I loved Lazar from the time Botterill signed and he did not let me down.
He does everything you said and he was signed for an extra year.

I love signing former first round UFA's
Maybe you read my comments that I wish Adams had signed Pouliot and Pysyk instead of Irwin and Davidson.
They were also former 1st round picks that signed for about the same as Irwin and Davidson.

Regardless, Adams is way over his head.
When Sam Bennett returns more than Hall, you know the GM has not uncovered every rock.
So let me add poor TDL management to substandard UFA signing.

Time will tell on the draft. I cannot see how one could pass over Rossi, but he certainly made up for it by drafting Peterka.

Bottom line, maybe Bjork will turn out while I am not a fan of forwards playing their off hand, I have been told he plays RW.
We could use some more depth at RW, as Sam, Kyle and Tage appear to be who we have now that Lazar has been traded.
We appear to be OK on LW with Jeff and Victor on the top two lines and Asplund (our third Rasmus) and Zemgus on the bottom six.

Speaking of Rasmus, he appears to be a solid line mate of Casey and Tage.
They have been the best line for the last week or so.

Have a good day my friend.
GMTD liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit