SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

After TDL mock

After TDL mock

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: papishark
Published: Apr. 13, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Chicago- The Hawks are unlikely winners of the lottery. With an abundance of young and old forwards, taking the best D on the board makes the most sense
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedAnaheim- A team that needs everything. With Drysdale last year, they lean into forwards and they love a swede
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Buffalo- Somehow a guy they need as a hopeful 1c falls into their hands
4Logo of the Boston Bruins-Ottawa- They have a pretty strong variety of young guys, but getting a top tier swedish winger makes sense to me
5Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Seattle- With an expert young team of scouts, they are a little sad to see the best forward talent gone, but a young D named Hughes is a big score
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-Detroit- No Lottery again for them, this is bold but what better team to be bold? They have no good goalies in the system or on the team
7Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-New Jersey-They have the wingers, they have the centers, and they have a goalie. Defense is the way to go, and a young Dman to pair up with Ty Smith in 2-3 years is a no brainer
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Columbus- Not sure where to start with Columbus, but getting a center seems like it should take priority with PLD long gone, and Laine not working at all.
9Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Calgary- Calgary could use a center, but isnt bold enough to take Raty here. Instead they opt for a safer pick in Guenther out of the WHL which they love to draft from
10Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-LA- Interesting choice here but I think a D makes sense for a team with strong young forwards.
11Logo of the Dallas Stars-Vancouver - A devastated team that just keeps getting worse. Lacking the guidance of a good scouting team, and with Benning full dictator, I think he takes a guy he likes, even if its a reach.
12Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-San Jose- A team in real need of whatever they can get is pretty happy to catch a falling Raty, who does have some hidden skill.
13Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Arizona- Forfieted, random pick
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Dallas- Take a safe young D to shore up the backend.
15Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Philly- Loves high risk high reward, Simon Robertson fits that bill
16Logo of the Minnesota Wild-NYR- Final pick of the mock. They have so many forwards on the way, but no premium D are left so they take a shot on a center
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-
19Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
21Logo of the New York Rangers-
22Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
25Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
28Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
29Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
31Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
32Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Apr. 13, 2021 at 1:48 p.m.
I make typos
I would hate it if Guenther went to the fLames it is so fun watching him on the Oil Kings it would suck if he went to a team I hate.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
Lenny7
As a Ducks fan, I'm 100% in on Eklund or Guenther.

I've seen a couple of other mocks with Wallstead going to the Wings, but man...I just can't see someone taking him that friggin' early. To me, it just seems like such a massive gamble for a team that could use a bit of everything right now.
papishark liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
Buffalo needs a LD behind Dahlin. Hopefully Power, Edvinsson, Hughes, or Lambos. Beniers, Johnson, or Guenther wouldn't be bad either. I'd wait for someone like Chayka or Stankoven in the second round.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: DraftCentralMP
Buffalo needs a LD behind Dahlin. Hopefully Power, Edvinsson, Hughes, or Lambos. Beniers, Johnson, or Guenther wouldn't be bad either. I'd wait for someone like Chayka or Stankoven in the second round.

Once Eichel is gone they are going to need a Center IMO. They have no one who can even come close to playing first line center
Apr. 13, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Flames actually need wing prospects more we have quite a few centers
Apr. 13, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
I wish Detroit would take Edvinsson over Hughes. But I would be fine with either. Or even Clarke
Apr. 13, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Great mock draft btw
papishark liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:57 p.m.
Sabres fan

Matias Samuelsson, Bryson, and Johnson disagree with you. Young defenders are the one thing the Sabres seem to have in spades. If Matt Beniers is available to Buffalo he would make the most sense anyway.
DraftCentralMP liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 9:28 p.m.
Quoting: Tjm220
Matias Samuelsson, Bryson, and Johnson disagree with you. Young defenders are the one thing the Sabres seem to have in spades. If Matt Beniers is available to Buffalo he would make the most sense anyway.

Those are all top 6 guys. There are lots of top pairing LD in this draft and to have one on your second pairing behind Dahlin, that's playoff type defence.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 9:32 p.m.
Sabres fan
Those are all top 6 guys. There are lots of top pairing LD in this draft and to have one on your second pairing behind Dahlin, that's playoff type defence.

Great depth on defense is always nice, but goal scoring is still their biggest problem. A top 6 guy like Beniers could make Jack Quinn a perennial 30 goal man. Forward depth is something the Sabres don’t really have.
DraftCentralMP liked this.
Apr. 14, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
The devils probably go with Brandt Clarke over Edvinsson. Edvinsson is left handed, and so is smith, so the two likely would not be paired together. Clarke is right handed, and the Devils also drafted his brother, Graeme Clarke.
NJDevils1995 and papishark liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll