Forums/Armchair-GM

Question for every ACGM and fan of the Calgary flames

Created by: sensonfire
Team: 2021-22 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 13, 2021
Published: Apr. 13, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
According to Tankathon.com, the Flames currently have about an 85% chance of picking 8th or 9th overall.

Tankathon has Dylan Guenther of the Deadmonton Soil Queens ranked 8th overall for the upcoming draft.

He's a right shot who can play right wing and can score goals.

His NHL career potential is that of a top six forward and he fills an extremely critical need for the Flames.

Deadmonton is just up the highway from Calgary, so the scouting staff, front office and GM Treliving have all had every opportunity to head up North to see him play.

They should all have a very firm opinion about Guenther by now and where he'll be picked in the draft.

There is no reason for Brett Ritchie to be playing RW on the second line.

None.

Guenther will immediately solve so many problems for the Flames.

All Guenther has to do before the draft happens is scour his social media accounts and online posts, delete anything negative about the Flames or the City of Calgary and he'll receive a royal red carpet welcome :D

There are some who think Guenther will go even higher in the draft while others think he can be picked much closer to where the Flames' 1st round pick might end up.

So, my question to you is this:

What are the odds the Flames will be able to select fellow Albertan Dylan Guenther with their first round pick without winning the draft lottery?

Let's assume this is the draft order 1 though 8.

1. Buffalo
2. Ottawa
3. Seattle
4. Anaheim
5. Detroit
6. New Jersey
7. Columbus
8. Calgary

Let me know in the comments below :D
Trades
CGY
  1. Tkachuk, Brady [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Let's assume this is the draft order 1 though 8.

1. Buffalo
2. Ottawa
3. Seattle
4. Anaheim
5. Detroit
6. New Jersey
7. Columbus
8. Calgary
OTT
  1. Tkachuk, Matthew
Additional Details:
What are the odds the Flames will be able to select Dylan Guenther with their first round pick without winning the draft lottery?

Let me know in the comments below :D
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
11$81,500,000$48,787,500$0$0$32,712,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,425,000$2,425,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
UFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Taxi Squad
$801,666$801,666 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 13, 2021 at 7:55 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
According to Tankathon he is projected to go at 8th overall
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: Gmonwy

Just read the end sorry. I hope we get hin
csick and sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
KFTW
I think Guenther is extremely likely to go top 5. I hope the Sens take him
Apr. 13, 2021 at 7:57 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Just read the end sorry. I hope we get hin

And its to spit oilersguy that hopes Edmonton to get him because of him being on Edmonton oil kings
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:10 p.m.
I would be happy with him, they took our local guy Holloway last year
sensonfire, Gmonwy and csick liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:10 p.m.
sensonfire

I would like to point out that tankathon's rankings have not been updated in 2 weeks.

So, make sure to treat their rankings with caution.

I think Guenther is going to fly off the shelf real quick!

wink
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:21 p.m.
Should be noted I dont thibk he will fall to that and Raty, Sillinger, or Johnson is who I would be looking at
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:31 p.m.
Shibbal18
54.4% odds that CGY picks 8, probably about 40% chance he still available. The top half of the draft is hard to predict
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:46 p.m.
So this is what I think;

1. Buffalo-Brandt Clarke
2. Ottawa-Matthew Beniers
3. Seattle-Owen Power
4. Anaheim-Dylan Guenther
5. Detroit-Kent Johnson
6. New Jersey-William Eklund
7. Columbus-Carson Lambos
8. Calgary-Simon Edvinsson

For one thing, Detroit fans would be salty that they still didn’t get a top 3 pick haha! Now with your order, I don’t think Dylan Guenther falls to Calgary’s 8OA in this scenario.

Buffalo picks Brandt Clarke because they already have Rasmus Dahlin on the left growing and he could be good, so a guy that could be ELITE in Brandt Clarke, and he could be a great 1OA pick! Ottawa picks Matthew Beniers, because they could
use a 1c, and you can’t go wrong with one of Beniers or Johnson for the center position! Seattle picks Owen Power, because they are starting out their franchise and they should definitely start their franchise with a very good left handed defence man, and possibly the best one in the class. Anaheim picks Dylan Guenther, because they really need a good grindy right handed shot sniper alongside Trevor Zegras in the future! Detroit picks Kent Johnson, because he is a very good center and they could use one behind Dylan Larkin. New Jersey picks William Eklund, because he can play center and the left side plus there is no right handed defence men left in the top 10! Eklund is a very good choice, but to some people maybe a bit of a reach. Columbus picks Carson Lambos, because he is the second best left handed defence man in this draft class in my opinion, and he is a solid pick and they could have him behind Zach Wirenski in the future! Calgary picks Simon Edvinsson, because they need a left handed defence man that can play on the top pair in the future, and they could trade Noah Hanifin when Juuso Valimaki, Edvinsson’s, guy to beat for the top pair slots in!
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
So this is what I think;

1. Buffalo-Brandt Clarke
3. Seattle-Owen Power
5. Detroit-Kent Johnson

For one thing, Detroit fans would be salty that they still didn’t get a top 3 pick haha! Now with your order, I don’t think Dylan Guenther falls to Calgary’s 8OA in this scenario.

Buffalo picks Brandt Clarke because they already have Rasmus Dahlin on the left growing and he could be good, so a guy that could be ELITE in Brandt Clarke, and he could be a great 1OA pick! Ottawa picks Matthew Beniers, because they could
use a 1c, and you can’t go wrong with one of Beniers or Johnson for the center position! Seattle picks Owen Power, because they are starting out their franchise and they should definitely start their franchise with a very good left handed defence man, and possibly the best one in the class. Anaheim picks Dylan Guenther, because they really need a good grindy right handed shot sniper alongside Trevor Zegras in the future! Detroit picks Kent Johnson, because he is a very good center and they could use one behind Dylan Larkin. New Jersey picks William Eklund, because he can play center and the left side plus there is no right handed defence men left in the top 10! Eklund is a very good choice, but to some people maybe a bit of a reach. Columbus picks Carson Lambos, because he is the second best left handed defence man in this draft class in my opinion, and he is a solid pick and they could have him behind Zach Wirenski in the future! Calgary picks Simon Edvinsson, because they need a left handed defence man that can play on the top pair in the future, and they could trade Noah Hanifin when Juuso Valimaki, Edvinsson’s, guy to beat for the top pair slots in!

Awesome analysis! smile

Thank you so much!

I would like to ask: where would you rank Luke Hughes?
Nhl_oilers and Gmonwy liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:53 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
So this is what I think;

1. Buffalo-Brandt Clarke
3. Seattle-Owen Power
5. Detroit-Kent Johnson

What would ANA want for 4th? Our 1st and 2nd? Also we don't need LD at all
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:54 p.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
Awesome analysis! smile

Where do you rank Luke Hughes?

Thank you. Depending on who is picking, but maybe in one of the next two. I pick based on what teams need, and not so much the obvious best player available pick.
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 8:59 p.m.
What would ANA want for 4th? Our 1st and 2nd? Also we don't need LD at all

I have no clue, not a ducks fan. I don’t see them wanting to move that pick because they really need a good right handed player. It would probably take a lot just because of that reason.

That’s fair, but I think you do... you have Valimaki for prospects on the left that are very good. Adding Edvinsson would make that side so much better!
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 9:19 p.m.
Seasonfire, if you want to see where i would put Luke Hughes, you can start firing more teams at me if you want. This would be after the 8 players I picked for the top 8.
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.
sensonfire
Seasonfire, if you want to see where i would put Luke Hughes, you can start firing more teams at me if you want. This would be after the 8 players I picked for the top 8.

1. Buffalo
2. Ottawa
3. Seattle
4. Detroit
5. Anaheim
6. Columbus
7. New Jersey
8. Vancouver
9. Calgary
10. Los Angeles
11. Philadelphia
12. Chicago
13. San Jose
14. New York Rangers
15. Forfeited Pick from Arizona
16. Dallas

grin
Nhl_oilers liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 10:52 p.m.
At 8 I would want, Guenther, Johnson or Raty
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 11:50 p.m.
Edited Apr. 14, 2021 at 12:07 a.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
1. Buffalo
2. Ottawa
3. Seattle
4. Detroit
5. Anaheim
6. Columbus
7. New Jersey
8. Vancouver
9. Calgary
10. Los Angeles
11. Philadelphia
12. Chicago
13. San Jose
14. New York Rangers
15. Forfeited Pick from Arizona
16. Dallas

grin

1. Buffalo-Brandt Clarke
3. Seattle-Owen Power
4. Detroit-Kent Johnson
5. Anaheim-Dylan Guenther
6. Columbus-Carson Lambos
7. New Jersey-William Eklund
8. Vancouver-Simon Edvinsson
9. Calgary-Luke Hughes
10. Los Angeles-Stanislav Svozil
11. Philadelphia-Fabian Lysell
12. Chicago-Aatu Raty
13. San Jose-Jesper Wallstedt
14. New York Rangers-Cole Sillinger
15. Arizona forfeit
16. Dallas-Chaz Lucius

Disclaimer!! 1-7 are the exact same reasoning! They are not new, so you probably read it last time. I had to take those guys because the teams need them badly! And for Seattle, it would be awesome to start their franchise with a left handed defence man in Owen Power!

Buffalo picks Brandt Clarke because they already have Rasmus Dahlin on the left growing and he could be good, so a guy that could be ELITE in Brandt Clarke, and he could be a great 1OA pick! Ottawa picks Matthew Beniers, because they could use a 1c, and you can’t go wrong with one of Beniers or Johnson for the center position! Seattle picks Owen Power, because they are starting out their franchise and they should definitely start their franchise with a very good left handed defence man, and possibly the best one in the class. Detroit picks Kent Johnson, because he is a very good center and they could use one behind Dylan Larkin. Anaheim picks Dylan Guenther, because they really need a good grindy right handed shot sniper alongside Trevor Zegras in the future! Columbus picks Carson Lambos, because he is the second best left handed defence man in this draft class in my opinion, and he is a solid pick and they could have him behind Zach Wirenski in the future! New Jersey picks William Eklund, because he can play center and the left side plus there is no right handed defence men left in the top 10! Eklund is a very good choice, but to some people maybe a bit of a reach. Vancouver picks Simon Edvinsson, because he a left shot defence man, and is very good. Vancouver could use a left handed defence man behind Quinn Hughes as Nate Schmidt can play on the right side. Solidifying that defence should be their first priority! Calgary picks Luke Hughes, because he is a left shot defence man, and he could excel on that top pair in head of his teammate that is on the second one, Juuso Valimaki. Los Angeles picks Stanislav Svozil, because he is a good left shot defence man, and they could really use him on a left side with a guy named Tobias Bjornfot! It would make that defence way deeper as defence wins championships. Philadelphia picks Fabian Lysell, because they could use a right shot winger that can play on the right side so Joel Farabee can slot of the left side! It will make their offence better. Chicago picks Aatu Raty, because they could use a left shot 2-way winger on that offence, as I am not a fan of Alex Nylander, and I’m not sold on him. It’s also good to have many great prospects, and options for the NHL! Sam Jose picks Jesper Wallstedt, because they don’t have a goalie prospect that is good, and you need a good goalie to be a good team! New York Rangers pick Cole Sillinger, because you can never have enough options, and depth! Cole Sillinger brings that, and can play both the center position and on the wing! Arizona picks nobody... haha... they had to forfeit the pick, because of the illegal stuff they did in the NHL. Dallas picks Chaz Lucius, because he is a right shot center that can play on the right side for them, as they could use a young long term right winger in Chaz Lucius!
sensonfire liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll