Benson
Marody
3D
Nurse
Bear
Klef
G
Skinner

Around the deadline there was talks of Neal being traded and going on immediate LTIR, he’s been having trouble with Long Term symptoms of Covid. If that stays the case through the summer I have no doubt he will be placed on LTIR for the remainder of his contact, he may even retire.

Vrana would be a perfect fit along side McDavid, great speed and great production at 5v5 (most likely wouldn’t be on PP)
Benson & Marody are NHL ready, they are currently leading the AHL in scoring. I think they would be great for a young redwings team.
If they don’t accept, offer sheet Vrana.

I don’t really think Lowry will leave the Jets, but he would be a great 3C behind the big boys
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$800,000
3$900,000
3$950,000
3$750,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
2$875,000
2$2,750,000
2$900,000
1$900,000
1$950,000
5$5,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
2$3,250,000
3$3,500,000
5$6,250,000
2$750,000
3$4,000,000
1$900,000
Trades
EDM
    Seattle
    EDM
    1. 2022 6th round pick (MIN)
    EDM
    1. Vrána, Jakub [RFA Rights]
    DET
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    25$81,500,000$81,633,839$669,339$907,500-$133,839
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $12,500,000$12,500,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $1,175,000$1,175,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 8
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 4
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $834,167$834,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RW
    UFA
    $900,000$900,000
    C
    UFA
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,600,000$5,600,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $4,167,000$4,167,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
    I can’t see the league allowing Neal to go on ltir for lingering COVID effects. If he got medical clearance to return then that’s that.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 5:26 p.m.
    Quoting: Timmah007
    I can’t see the league allowing Neal to go on ltir for lingering COVID effects. If he got medical clearance to return then that’s that.

We the long term effects being so unknown I don’t think you’re right. Hoss got out of it for a rash, Klefbom is cleared to play but it hurts him too much. Clearance is not the only factor.
    McDavidFan97 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 5:41 p.m.
    redw1n9s
    You shouldn't
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
    Hockey Fan13
    So Wild waive Stalock but then require him with a 6th. I mean a 6th is a pretty meh pick, but I think Guerin is content to turn the page in net.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
    Hop on the Slaftrain
    Two lower tier prospects, a possible 45-50 overall pick, Yzerman's eyes won't shine with excitement.
    BStinson, RedWing9119 and CD282 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 6:19 p.m.
    Quoting: SevenLeg
    Two lower tier prospects, a possible 45-50 overall pick, Yzerman's eyes won't shine with excitement.

Top AHL scorers, and if big Stevey Y don’t like, juss offer sheet Vrana,
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 6:21 p.m.
    Quoting: OutCold13
    So Wild waive Stalock but then require him with a 6th. I mean a 6th is a pretty meh pick, but I think Guerin is content to turn the page in net.

Looked at it as a nothing deal, coulda out waivers and then “any team” juss thought we could send the lil man home
    OutCold13 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 6:22 p.m.
    Hockey Fan13
    Quoting: PerpetuallySad
    Looked at it as a nothing deal, coulda out waivers and then “any team” juss thought we could send the lil man home

Makes sense. He was well loved in the locker room just can't see Billy giving anything up for him.
    CD282 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
    Hahahaha! You don’t trust Holland! I’m sorry, that was funny. He has given us every right to trust him.

Let’s start from the Neal and conditional 3rd for Lucic trade. So as we all know, Holland traded Lucic to the Calgary flames for James Neal. However, Neal went on a scoring rampage and was excellent especially on the PP when he came! The season got shortened , and Neal had 19 goals so they awarded Calgary the 3rd. After that, he traded John Marino to Pittsburg for a conditional 6th. The conditions were if Marino signed a ELC prior to the draft, we get the pick. The next year, he traded for Mike Green, and Andreas Athanasiou along with Ryan Kuffner. He traded Kyle Brodziak, and a conditional 4th, as well as two 2nd round picks, and Sam Gagner 10% retained. These were two different trades. The conditions were if we made it to the conference finals, and Green played 50% of the games, we would send a 3rd instead. The conditions were not met so we sent the 4th. He then made a trade for Tyler Ennis. He sent a 5th. After that he for Angus Redmond and a conditional 7th and we gave Joel Persson. The conditions were Edmonton receives the pick if Joel Persson plays in 25 games in the NHL. Due to the shortened season, they shrunk it down to 17 games. Our next one was at the draft, and Holland traded our 3rd for for a 4th, and 5th which San Jose was holding. The third pick then turned into Daniil Gushchin, and the 4th, and 5th picks turned into Carter Savoie, and Tyler Tullio. Our most recent was at this deadline. Our 4th with conditions for Dmitry Kulikov. The conditions are the 4th will upgrade to a 3rd if we win one playoff round this year. The signings this year were, Tyson Barrie 3.75M 1 year, Kyle Turris 1.65M for 2 years, and Dominik Kahun 975K for 1 year. Our extension were to Mike Smith 1 year 1.5M, Ethan Bear 2 years 2M, Jesse Puljujarvi 2 years 1.175M, Darnell Nurse 2 years 5.6M, Zack Kassian 4 years 3.2M, Tyler Ennis 1 year 1M, Kris Russell 1 year 1.25M, Josh Archibald 2 year 1.5M etc.

Now if you look at the trades and signings... Neal for Lucic and conditional 3rd. It was good for both sides. We can buyout Neal, and he was our PP guy at the time, and Lucic got to help Calgary with the hits. John Marino for a 6th conditional. Marino didn’t want to sign, so we were not going to get much for him. Also, we didn’t know that he would get this good. Mike Green and Ryan Kuffner for Kyle Brodziak and a conditional 4. We didn’t know Green would get injured and retire, so at the time it wasn’t a bad trade. Sam Gagner 10% retained and 2 2nds for Athanasiou. We didn’t know that COVID was coming, so that wasn’t his fault. If he knew, he wouldn’t have payed that much. 5th for Tyler Ennis was a good depth trade. Angus Redmund sucks. The conditional 7th I wouldn’t be concerned about. Joel Persson didn’t want back. The pick trade with San Jose was good, as we got two good forward prospects out of that! 4th with conditions for Kulikov was okay, good depth guy for playoffs. Good shutdown third pair defence man... could work well with Adam Larsson! Tyson Barrie has played good, so good signing. Dominik Kahun was okay. Decent signing. Kyle Turris is bad now, so that is a bad signing. Extensions are good, except for Kassian. He got too much money and term. In the end he did a lot of good for us so far, so I don’t understand how you don’t trust Holland as he has been good for us!
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 6:56 p.m.
    We the long term effects being so unknown I don’t think you’re right. Hoss got out of it for a rash, Klefbom is cleared to play but it hurts him too much. Clearance is not the only factor.

Look up his “rash”. You’re really downplaying his medical condition.

Top AHL scorers, and if big Stevey Y don’t like, juss offer sheet Vrana,

How much cap does Detroit have? I’d wager a lot more than Edmonton nor is Holland the GM to OS someone. Pony up real assets if you want Vrana.
    RedWing9119 and CD282 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 7:33 p.m.
    Quoting: BStinson
    Look up his “rash”. You’re really downplaying his medical condition.

How much cap does Detroit have? I’d wager a lot more than Edmonton nor is Holland the GM to OS someone. Pony up real assets if you want Vrana.

Except he played with that condition for years, I know it wasn’t nice but it wasn’t like he wasn’t medically cleared to play. He could if he wanted to, because he did. Juss saying someone can’t go on LTIR cause they’re medically cleared is wrong, that was my point.

Edmonton has around 27m , Wings are also rebuilding and idk if you wanna be paying biggg dollars long term through a rebuild, but maybe he does. I know Holland wouldn’t OS, but that’s what I state in the description. I know he wont do most of this. Prolly should peep the top AHL scorers, young kids tearing up the A are absolutely real assets smile
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 7:38 p.m.
    Quoting: Nhl_oilers
    Hahahaha! You don’t trust Holland! I’m sorry, that was funny. He has given us every right to trust him.

Let’s start from the Neal and conditional 3rd for Lucic trade. So as we all know, Holland traded Lucic to the Calgary flames for James Neal. However, Neal went on a scoring rampage and was excellent especially on the PP when he came! The season got shortened , and Neal had 19 goals so they awarded Calgary the 3rd. After that, he traded John Marino to Pittsburg for a conditional 6th. The conditions were if Marino signed a ELC prior to the draft, we get the pick. The next year, he traded for Mike Green, and Andreas Athanasiou along with Ryan Kuffner. He traded Kyle Brodziak, and a conditional 4th, as well as two 2nd round picks, and Sam Gagner 10% retained. These were two different trades. The conditions were if we made it to the conference finals, and Green played 50% of the games, we would send a 3rd instead. The conditions were not met so we sent the 4th. He then made a trade for Tyler Ennis. He sent a 5th. After that he for Angus Redmond and a conditional 7th and we gave Joel Persson. The conditions were Edmonton receives the pick if Joel Persson plays in 25 games in the NHL. Due to the shortened season, they shrunk it down to 17 games. Our next one was at the draft, and Holland traded our 3rd for for a 4th, and 5th which San Jose was holding. The third pick then turned into Daniil Gushchin, and the 4th, and 5th picks turned into Carter Savoie, and Tyler Tullio. Our most recent was at this deadline. Our 4th with conditions for Dmitry Kulikov. The conditions are the 4th will upgrade to a 3rd if we win one playoff round this year. The signings this year were, Tyson Barrie 3.75M 1 year, Kyle Turris 1.65M for 2 years, and Dominik Kahun 975K for 1 year. Our extension were to Mike Smith 1 year 1.5M, Ethan Bear 2 years 2M, Jesse Puljujarvi 2 years 1.175M, Darnell Nurse 2 years 5.6M, Zack Kassian 4 years 3.2M, Tyler Ennis 1 year 1M, Kris Russell 1 year 1.25M, Josh Archibald 2 year 1.5M etc.

Now if you look at the trades and signings... Neal for Lucic and conditional 3rd. It was good for both sides. We can buyout Neal, and he was our PP guy at the time, and Lucic got to help Calgary with the hits. John Marino for a 6th conditional. Marino didn’t want to sign, so we were not going to get much for him. Also, we didn’t know that he would get this good. Mike Green and Ryan Kuffner for Kyle Brodziak and a conditional 4. We didn’t know Green would get injured and retire, so at the time it wasn’t a bad trade. Sam Gagner 10% retained and 2 2nds for Athanasiou. We didn’t know that COVID was coming, so that wasn’t his fault. If he knew, he wouldn’t have payed that much. 5th for Tyler Ennis was a good depth trade. Angus Redmund sucks. The conditional 7th I wouldn’t be concerned about. Joel Persson didn’t want back. The pick trade with San Jose was good, as we got two good forward prospects out of that! 4th with conditions for Kulikov was okay, good depth guy for playoffs. Good shutdown third pair defence man... could work well with Adam Larsson! Tyson Barrie has played good, so good signing. Dominik Kahun was okay. Decent signing. Kyle Turris is bad now, so that is a bad signing. Extensions are good, except for Kassian. He got too much money and term. In the end he did a lot of good for us so far, so I don’t understand how you don’t trust Holland as he has been good for us!

Chaisser signing is tough, Kassian signing is tough, I don’t trust Holland in terms of free agents, drafting I think is one of his teams strong suits, but I do not like his negotiation ability see some of the brutal contracts in Detroit.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 7:43 p.m.
    Chaisser signing is tough, Kassian signing is tough, I don’t trust Holland in terms of free agents, drafting I think is one of his teams strong suits, but I do not like his negotiation ability see some of the brutal contracts in Detroit.

Every GM has brutal contracts sometimes. I trust him, he’s a good GM. In terms of free agents! Did you not see what he did with Edmonton last season? It is in my post! Anyway, it’s easier to mess up on a rebuilding team when you have a lot of cap opposed to a team that is tight against the cap.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 8:37 p.m.
    Every GM has brutal contracts sometimes. I trust him, he’s a good GM. In terms of free agents! Did you not see what he did with Edmonton last season? It is in my post! Anyway, it’s easier to mess up on a rebuilding team when you have a lot of cap opposed to a team that is tight against the cap.

I agree, I did like the Koekkoek & Kahun signings at the time, I pushed hard for both of them on here. I worry about his ability to judge a players value without 97/29, Kassian is a dud without them and Chaisson potting on the powerplay got him his PayDay. I don’t wanna resign Barrie when bouch has the oppurtunity to be a huge bargain with his ELC. But I’m freighted he will sign Barrie strictly because of points
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 8:49 p.m.
    I agree, I did like the Koekkoek & Kahun signings at the time, I pushed hard for both of them on here. I worry about his ability to judge a players value without 97/29, Kassian is a dud without them and Chaisson potting on the powerplay got him his PayDay. I don’t wanna resign Barrie when bouch has the oppurtunity to be a huge bargain with his ELC. But I’m freighted he will sign Barrie strictly because of points

I agree with Kassian, and Chiasson. However, Kassian has the ability with the right players to play very good! I wouldn’t mind getting Barrie signed only if he doesn’t get extremely overpaid. With that being said, I don’t like Bear, and Jones so I wouldn’t be sad if they both got traded and we also resigned Larsson.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 11:02 p.m.
    I agree with Kassian, and Chiasson. However, Kassian has the ability with the right players to play very good! I wouldn’t mind getting Barrie signed only if he doesn’t get extremely overpaid. With that being said, I don’t like Bear, and Jones so I wouldn’t be sad if they both got traded and we also resigned Larsson.

Barrie is a black hole defensively, and makes McDavid less effective. Why would you want to resign him? He’s played 79% of his TOI with mcdavid or drai and he literally makes them less effective, the power plays worse than last year. He’s kinda useless. Bear is our best two way defender on the team.. trading him at his age an cap hit would be a awful
    CD282 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2021 at 11:19 p.m.
    Barrie is a black hole defensively, and makes McDavid less effective. Why would you want to resign him? He’s played 79% of his TOI with mcdavid or drai and he literally makes them less effective, the power plays worse than last year. He’s kinda useless. Bear is our best two way defender on the team.. trading him at his age an cap hit would be a awful

Because Barrie is good.... he is very good with Nurse. In my opinion, that’s a main reason why Nurse is doing this good! The PP is worse, because nobody’s PP is that good multiple years in a row, plus we are only playing Canadian teams, so we wouldn’t be playing a bunch of the bad american teams. Bear is not our best 2-way defence man. Nurse is by far.... he is definitely a 2-way defender! If Klefbom was back, he would be our best 2-way by far! When he’s healthy he’s very good.
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 1:20 a.m.
    Except he played with that condition for years, I know it wasn’t nice but it wasn’t like he wasn’t medically cleared to play. He could if he wanted to, because he did. Juss saying someone can’t go on LTIR cause they’re medically cleared is wrong, that was my point.

Edmonton has around 27m , Wings are also rebuilding and idk if you wanna be paying biggg dollars long term through a rebuild, but maybe he does. I know Holland wouldn’t OS, but that’s what I state in the description. I know he wont do most of this. Prolly should peep the top AHL scorers, young kids tearing up the A are absolutely real assets smile

Eczema can progressively get worse so even if you had a couple years ago doesn’t make it the same now. He has to get bi-weekly blood tests to monitor side effects from the drugs he was taking dating back to 2013 or so. Eventually the medication wasn’t as effective and he has lesions and puss over his body. Did you know in the CBA that not only a team doctor needed to sign off on this but an independent doctor from the NHL also has to? I get it, I’m a Wings fan so I don’t want the Hawks “getting out of contracts” but this is a legit medical issue so I’m not sure how you can say he was medically cleared when he wasn’t by multiple doctors.

Just a quick glance at Detroit next year we have 7 signed and ~50M in cap space so we have to spend big to hit the floor.

Just because you can score in the AHL doesn’t mean you can hack it in the NHL. Take a look at the John B. Sollenberger Trophy winners. I’ve actually watched both of them play in Bakersfield in prior years as my parents lived there and had season tickets so I’m well aware of who they are. If you value them so highly how about switching them out for Holloway?
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 2:19 a.m.
    Eczema can progressively get worse so even if you had a couple years ago doesn’t make it the same now. He has to get bi-weekly blood tests to monitor side effects from the drugs he was taking dating back to 2013 or so. Eventually the medication wasn’t as effective and he has lesions and puss over his body. Did you know in the CBA that not only a team doctor needed to sign off on this but an independent doctor from the NHL also has to? I get it, I’m a Wings fan so I don’t want the Hawks “getting out of contracts” but this is a legit medical issue so I’m not sure how you can say he was medically cleared when he wasn’t by multiple doctors.

Just a quick glance at Detroit next year we have 7 signed and ~50M in cap space so we have to spend big to hit the floor.

Just because you can score in the AHL doesn’t mean you can hack it in the NHL. Take a look at the John B. Sollenberger Trophy winners. I’ve actually watched both of them play in Bakersfield in prior years as my parents lived there and had season tickets so I’m well aware of who they are. If you value them so highly how about switching them out for Holloway?

If he chose to play, he could have played, this is my point. Clearance does not = LTIR exempt

Most AHL point leaders are older, Marody 24, Benson 22 are not. Carter Verheage’s having quite the year no?
    Holloway is an untouchable in the org, but if Benny isn’t traded he’s in that spot over Holloway.
    The fact the have to quarantine is the only reason I suspect them not being with the oilers now considering our bottom 6 is a joke.

An offer sheet compensation for the current contract is a first+third I believe, which I bet is intriguing for a rebuilding team.
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 9:20 a.m.
    If he chose to play, he could have played, this is my point. Clearance does not = LTIR exempt

Most AHL point leaders are older, Marody 24, Benson 22 are not. Carter Verheage’s having quite the year no?
    Holloway is an untouchable in the org, but if Benny isn’t traded he’s in that spot over Holloway.
    The fact the have to quarantine is the only reason I suspect them not being with the oilers now considering our bottom 6 is a joke.

An offer sheet compensation for the current contract is a first+third I believe, which I bet is intriguing for a rebuilding team.

You can say that about any injury. I’m sorry but I don’t really think you understand eczema and the extent of how much this can hurt in the condition Hossa was in. Your talking about putting on hockey equipment that soaks in sweat rubbing against skin lesions. Think about having blisters all over your body being constantly rubbed or torn while trying to pull a deke or check another player. Now tell me you’re still playing instead of worrying about your quality of life after hockey when this is a legitimate medical diagnosis. We’re talking about a player that obviously wanted to play which is why he did it for so many years.

Both of them have been putting up great numbers in the AHL for a consistent basis. Why were they on the team last year or the year before in a bottom six role? Your bottom six has been bad for multiple years then. Same could be said for guys like Jeremy Bracco, Reid Bouchard, Sam Anas, Cory Conacher, Teemu Pulkinnen, etc. There isn’t a direct correlation as points don’t tell you if a player has a flaw, for instance, Pulkinnen had a bomb of a slapper but didn’t have the time/space in the NHL to use it but posted good AHL numbers. Verheage is one of how many? Odds aren’t great. So Holloway is untouchable but your two top scoring AHLers aren’t seems to go against your original argument that they’re extremely valuable. What about Savoie, where is his value in comparison?

A first + third is okay, depends on the team and the draft. If you tell me it will be a teen pick in 2022 I’m more interested than 32OVR but again it brings up the issue I noted of having 50M cap space next year. We need to hit the floor and ice a team.
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 10:11 a.m.
    Because Barrie is good.... he is very good with Nurse. In my opinion, that’s a main reason why Nurse is doing this good! The PP is worse, because nobody’s PP is that good multiple years in a row, plus we are only playing Canadian teams, so we wouldn’t be playing a bunch of the bad american teams. Bear is not our best 2-way defence man. Nurse is by far.... he is definitely a 2-way defender! If Klefbom was back, he would be our best 2-way by far! When he’s healthy he’s very good.

Nurse was very good before Barrie, he'll be very good after Barrie.

Even just looking at 5v5 scoring, which is the only area of the game where Barrie would impact Nurse positively, and you'll see what I mean:

2017-18 to 2019-20 (3 seasons)
    1. Carlson: 100
    2. Josi: 99
    3. Burns: 95
    4. Karlsson: 83
    5. Rielly: 83
    6. Barrie: 78
    7. Hedman: 77
    8. Nurse: 77

This year, with Barrie alongside for most of the season:

1. Carlson: 22
    2. Theodore: 20
    3. Girard: 20
    4. Chabot: 20
    5. Nurse: 19
    6. Chychrun: 19
    7. Barrie: 18
    PerpetuallySad liked this.
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.
    Quoting: CD282
    Nurse was very good before Barrie, he'll be very good after Barrie.

Even just looking at 5v5 scoring, which is the only area of the game where Barrie would impact Nurse positively, and you'll see what I mean:

2017-18 to 2019-20 (3 seasons)
    1. Carlson: 100
    2. Josi: 99
    3. Burns: 95
    4. Karlsson: 83
    5. Rielly: 83
    6. Barrie: 78
    7. Hedman: 77
    8. Nurse: 77

This year, with Barrie alongside for most of the season:

1. Carlson: 22
    2. Theodore: 20
    3. Girard: 20
    4. Chabot: 20
    5. Nurse: 19
    6. Chychrun: 19
    7. Barrie: 18

I understand, but Barrie is a good partner for Nurse though. They work well together, and Nurse is playing like he never has before! I hope he can keep it up, because he’s looking very impressive.
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
    You can say that about any injury. I’m sorry but I don’t really think you understand eczema and the extent of how much this can hurt in the condition Hossa was in. Your talking about putting on hockey equipment that soaks in sweat rubbing against skin lesions. Think about having blisters all over your body being constantly rubbed or torn while trying to pull a deke or check another player. Now tell me you’re still playing instead of worrying about your quality of life after hockey when this is a legitimate medical diagnosis. We’re talking about a player that obviously wanted to play which is why he did it for so many years.

Both of them have been putting up great numbers in the AHL for a consistent basis. Why were they on the team last year or the year before in a bottom six role? Your bottom six has been bad for multiple years then. Same could be said for guys like Jeremy Bracco, Reid Bouchard, Sam Anas, Cory Conacher, Teemu Pulkinnen, etc. There isn’t a direct correlation as points don’t tell you if a player has a flaw, for instance, Pulkinnen had a bomb of a slapper but didn’t have the time/space in the NHL to use it but posted good AHL numbers. Verheage is one of how many? Odds aren’t great. So Holloway is untouchable but your two top scoring AHLers aren’t seems to go against your original argument that they’re extremely valuable. What about Savoie, where is his value in comparison?

A first + third is okay, depends on the team and the draft. If you tell me it will be a teen pick in 2022 I’m more interested than 32OVR but again it brings up the issue I noted of having 50M cap space next year. We need to hit the floor and ice a team.

I think you’ve missed the plot on the whole reason I brought up Hossa, the fact is you can go in LTIR while bein “cleared to play” that is a simple truth. Long term Covid effects are pretty much unknown and it was stated by members of media that if traded Neal will probably go on LTIR for these lingering symptoms.

Holloway is an untouchable simply because of his development curve & the game he brings, it’s not comparable to Benson. Marody plays best carrying the puck, not really what we need in Edmonton, especially when he doesn’t PK.
    Benson is a complementary play making winger who carries more value than Marody IMO
    Holloway is a two way centre, that pk’s and will eventually fill the 3C or 2LW hole (if everything goes right)
    Holloway fits the future, Marody doesn’t really , and benson could, doesn’t mean their any less valuable,
    If you would take Savoie over benson & Marody I’d do that in a heart beat
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 3:32 p.m.
    I think you’ve missed the plot on the whole reason I brought up Hossa, the fact is you can go in LTIR while bein “cleared to play” that is a simple truth. Long term Covid effects are pretty much unknown and it was stated by members of media that if traded Neal will probably go on LTIR for these lingering symptoms.

Holloway is an untouchable simply because of his development curve & the game he brings, it’s not comparable to Benson. Marody plays best carrying the puck, not really what we need in Edmonton, especially when he doesn’t PK.
    Benson is a complementary play making winger who carries more value than Marody IMO
    Holloway is a two way centre, that pk’s and will eventually fill the 3C or 2LW hole (if everything goes right)
    Holloway fits the future, Marody doesn’t really , and benson could, doesn’t mean their any less valuable,
    If you would take Savoie over benson & Marody I’d do that in a heart beat

You brought up Hossa belittling his condition “it’s just a rash”. I merely called you out for it as you didn’t know much about his condition and how it effected him. A major difference between both of them is that Neal came back after the illness and played games. I have no problem of him (Neal) going LTIR if there is a legit medical condition wrong with him. A better player to bring up in this case would be Boychuk not Hossa.

Why would you trade someone going on LTIR? Is his contract not insured? Are you worried about LTIR accrual? Who said this in main stream media?

No one in the NHL is untouchable especially if they haven’t even stepped foot on the ice in the NHL. Benson is a potential third line winger and I don’t like the odds giving his skating/shot and lack of being dynamic. I merely brought up Savoie as I like him better than those two and honestly I don’t see Detroit giving up a proven asset for a bunch of iffy magic beans. It’s a classic quantity for quality.
    Apr. 15, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
    I understand, but Barrie is a good partner for Nurse though. They work well together, and Nurse is playing like he never has before! I hope he can keep it up, because he’s looking very impressive.

47.07 xGF% isn't anything special, really.

http://naturalstattrick.com/pairings.php?fromseason=20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=EDM&loc=B&toi=200&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410
    PerpetuallySad liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll